This thread is privately moderated by bill34207, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:28 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
I don't always reply right away myself. And, have gotten absolutely nothing hobby related done the past couple of days.

Yesterday was really bad for me. I had to go in for a PET Scan. (Why I don't know, I don't have any pets. ) Not sure if it was something in the die they injected or if it was the two cups of "gourmet lemonade" that I had to drink. There was something in that, too. The technician said it helped "light up" the intestinal track.
Regardless, soon after I got home and had some lunch, found my body did not appreciate it. I started hurting in my lower back, my upper back and was feeling like my left hip was going to lock up at any moment. I finally got sort of comfortable laying on the couch and wound up taking about a two hour nap. That left me feeling a little better but was still moving like an old man.

Today hasn't been much better. I'm still moving like I'm 100 years old even though the the pain level did go down quite a bit (in places) overnight. Still feels like I have a catch in my left hip (makes the steps in and out of the place challenging) and the muscles in my neck and shoulders still hurt quite a bit. I may have to break out my inflatable "horse collar" for a while again today. It helped yesterday. At least it's nice and cool as long as I stay indoors.
Guess that will be it for today's update. I'm going to go and try to make myself comfortable.
Latest blog entry: Current Health Conditions
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 09:33 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
I really meant to update this yesterday since Diane (Pro Marine's GM at the Palmetto location) follows it to keep track of how I'm doing. But, took a trip to Walmart to pick up some groceries and never made it back. So, here's an overview to bring it up to date.

From afternoon on Wednesday thru Saturday I pretty much spent my daytime hours laying on the couch feeling like I'd been run over by a truck and I'm pretty sure it was something in the dies that did it to me. When I was in my early to mid 40's I had something called a Myelogram performed on me due to back problems I was having. With it, the dye was injected directly into my spinal column and it put me down like this for about a week.
Sunday I woke up feeling a bit "less dead" and actually managed to get the coax ran to hook up my hobby room TV. That was about the extent of my productivity for the day. Still no appetite although I did manage to force down a couple of Eggo waffles for breakfast and later on some Ramen noodle soup for lunch. Still moving very slowly as well.
Monday I woke up feeling a bit better than Sunday but didn't accomplish a whole lot other than my trip to Walmart. Later in the day my appetite seemed to have returned. The McDonald's bacon ranch salad I was only able to eat about 1/4 of on Sunday got finished off along with some other odds & ends throughout the day.
Today (Tuesday) I feel a little better than the day before but still moving in slow mode. Mostly when going up and down the steps in/out of the trailer. Whether it be the side door or down from the front porch, both have the same thing at the bottom. A healthy slab of concrete that makes up my driveway and floor of the carport. I'd really hate to slip, trip, or lose my balance and wind up doing a face plant at the bottom. So, I use extra caution navigating them. Not really much else to report for the day although I think my appetite is back. I was able to finish off my Burger King breakfast this morning where I was only able to get down a few bites of the one I bought on Saturday.
I do have an 11:30 "follow up" appointment with Dr. Koshy (radiation Dr.) today. I'm taking a guess that she will want to schedule another MRI to check the results which I'd also be interested in hearing about. Guess I should close this and start getting ready to go.
Jul 28, 2019, 10:17 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Thread OP
I don't think I even turned my computer on yesterday. Dr. Kosky called and set me up an appointment with Dr Telukuntla for Friday. I was just another consultation (Dr Koshy was a little upset that I wasn't getting chemo treatments already) It's still going to be about 2 weeks as they have to be pre authorized and that's the average wait time with Florida Blue.
On the good side I asked Dr T if he could give me something for the pain in my ribs and back. He asked me if I wanted to try some Tramadol and I said yes even though I had no idea of what it was. Turns out it's an opioid and I had to take a written prescription to the pharmacy to get it filled. To my surprise they actually had it in the pharmacy. Seems like everything else I've gotten had to be shipped in.
It does seem to work for relieving the pain but pretty much turns me into a zombie for about 6 to 8 hours after taking it. Needless to say, my couch gets a pretty regular workout.
Aug 17, 2019, 05:24 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
For those that have been following this, I saw on FB that Bill passed on this morning.

Fair winds brother.
Aug 18, 2019, 07:48 AM
AA6JB
Aw man. That stinks. Thanks for letting us know Andy
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Aug 18, 2019, 01:30 PM
He'll be missed
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Aug 18, 2019, 03:38 PM
retired ATC
talked to Bill a few weeks ago cant beleave hes gone so fast...dam cancer RIP Bill

Quick Reply