Apr 02, 2019, 08:22 AM
Trader Rating: 348
Thread OP
Careful!

New Member possible scam.

Just a warning to all that this new member posted in the ad that they would take it then pm me sating they are in Ecuador but want the package sent to a Florida Address,have done this before with other members that had the address as a confirmed address with paypal with no problems.When I replied back that I would if the address was a confirmed paypal address to protect us both otherwise I would require payment as F&F .Never received a reply back.No big deal but no one should ship to an address other that the address provided by paypal.
link to sale thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Contender-NIB
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2019, 10:11 AM
Trader Rating: 140
Bellanca Kruesair
I have a couple of customers that use a third party to ship for them, through a Business.
In these cases, they told me exactly what was happening, and offered the F&F without my asking.- I think about 6 deals and no hurt feelings on either side.
The 'time' element is present here, ( the 3rd party could drop the 'shipping' ball) - and discuss that 3rd party thing thoroughly.

Explain everything up front, and use Friends and Family , or Gift.. Things can go sideways VERY quickly, if you don't, guys.
Last edited by epoxyearl; Apr 02, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
Apr 02, 2019, 04:56 PM
Trader Rating: 159
I agree you need to be very careful. But why label this as a possible scammer. Do you work, check it out and then decide. After all, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Apr 02, 2019, 05:33 PM
Trader Rating: 85
Mt. Dora, Florida
It's a scam, the same old Nigerian crap they pull all the time on Craigslist, then if you agree to ship to a local address, they'll then tell you they are going to send payment for way more than the asking price and for you to send the extra funds.

But shame on you for asking payment by Friends and Family through paypal. If you asked me to do that, I would look at YOU as being a scammer, if not me, then Paypal because I don't think you are friends nor do I think you are family.

mike
Apr 02, 2019, 06:11 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
I have a couple of customers that use a third party to ship for them, through a Business.
In these cases, they told me exactly what was happening, and offered the F&F without my asking.- I think about 6 deals and no hurt feelings on either side.
The 'time' element is present here, ( the 3rd party could drop the 'shipping' ball) - and discuss that 3rd party thing thoroughly.

Explain everything up front, and use Friends and Family , or Gift.. Things can go sideways VERY quickly, if you don't, guys.
"told me exactly what was happening, and offered the F&F without my asking"
Exactly. Looks like this buyer needs to take the risk, in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paero
I agree you need to be very careful. But why label this as a possible scammer. Do you work, check it out and then decide. After all, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Not as standout as the new member with a steal deal on a quad, but still looks odd when a new foreign member wants to make their first purchase as a relatively high dollar purchase, where the seller is supposed to take all the risk. I call it at least, not exactly the norm. A lot of people have at least one good friend or family with a confirmed address they can use, if they want to buy from the US. If not, then maybe that's a sign too.

Maybe a deal happened here, but no feedback given? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t#post41285025
Last edited by AntiArf; Apr 02, 2019 at 06:19 PM.
Apr 02, 2019, 07:31 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
F&F is never a valid option.
Apr 02, 2019, 09:44 PM
Trader Rating: 26
Hey I am a Nigerian princess and will inherit $20,000,000 and if you send me $20,000 paypal F&F I will give you $2,000,000 from my inheritance.
Apr 02, 2019, 10:53 PM
Trader Rating: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
Hey I am a Nigerian princess and will inherit $20,000,000 and if you send me $20,000 paypal F&F I will give you $2,000,000 from my inheritance.
But you already have all that Texas oil money. At least what I don't have. I spent my time growing a million head herd of cattle while you made your millions drilling holes in the ground.
Apr 03, 2019, 04:21 AM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Quote:
Sounds legit!
Apr 03, 2019, 04:51 AM
Trader Rating: 37
Resident Crashologist
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
F&F is never a valid option.
Agree 100%. I don't want to put my $$$ at risk to save a few bucks. I wish PP would do away with this option altogether as we have all read horror stories of people getting cheated time after time. If someone insists on F & F, I will not do business with them.
Apr 03, 2019, 08:15 AM
Trader Rating: 348
Thread OP
So all that say F& F is not a solution for protection when shipping to a non verified paypal address,what is your solution to protect yourself as a seller,it is simple to add a seconf address to your paypal account and that was the suggestion I made before the F & F option.
Apr 03, 2019, 10:03 AM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
I don't know, are you a cute princess?
Apr 03, 2019, 01:11 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Dear Sagomon.

First, let apologize for my English since it's very difficult for me since I don't speak it so I have to use Google translate.

I want to make something clear so you guys don't doubt about me.

My name is Santiago, I am form Ecuador, and I'm new to this site. I'm here to look for hard to find kits and I'm still learning about this Site.

I'm not a scammer or anything like that. The only reason my PayPal and my shipping address are different is because I pay with my Ecuadorean credit card, and I ship everything I buy to a freight forwarder in the USA who then ships my things to me.

I understand that for security reasons, some sellers won't ship to a different address than the billing address. But I just want to make it very clear that I am not a scammer.

I hope this settles any doubts and inconveniences.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
Santiago
Apr 03, 2019, 01:12 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon
Just a warning to all that this new member posted in the ad that they would take it then pm me sating they are in Ecuador but want the package sent to a Florida Address,have done this before with other members that had the address as a confirmed address with paypal with no problems.When I replied back that I would if the address was a confirmed paypal address to protect us both otherwise I would require payment as F&F .Never received a reply back.No big deal but no one should ship to an address other that the address provided by paypal.
link to sale thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Contender-NIB

Dear Sagomon.

First, let apologize for my English since it's very difficult for me since I don't speak it so I have to use Google translate.

I want to make something clear so you guys don't doubt about me.

My name is Santiago, I am form Ecuador, and I'm new to this site. I'm here to look for hard to find kits and I'm still learning about this Site.

I'm not a scammer or anything like that. The only reason my PayPal and my shipping address are different is because I pay with my Ecuadorean credit card, and I ship everything I buy to a freight forwarder in the USA who then ships my things to me.

I understand that for security reasons, some sellers won't ship to a different address than the billing address. But I just want to make it very clear that I am not a scammer.

I hope this settles any doubts and inconveniences.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
Santiago
Apr 03, 2019, 01:21 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Good day gentlemen, I personally know Santiago. He flies off Club La Herradura in Ecuador.
I currently live in Costa Rica after several years living (and flying) at the same Club.
There is lot's of difficulties getting models into these countries, as well as getting the best way to import them withour doubling the price of the model.
As he explains in the preceding e-mail.

I am including a picture of the club facilites, where the south american F3A competition was held.
Regards,
Patricio

P.S. Hola Santiago... bueno verte por aquí

Quick Reply