Apr 11, 2019, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
...just to keep you informed that I am still working on that project: another evening in the workshop is over, two more sheets are numbered and sorted - two more to go

A little tipp for you: as half of the parts are on a mirrored sheet it is easier to sort them when you use a different color for numbering the mirrored ones (I used a black marker for the right and a red one for the left side)

Unfortunately I had that idea after I numbered the first mirrored sheet in the same color
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2019, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Hello Egor,

did your CAD-man modify the wings My spars dont fit
Apr 13, 2019, 07:57 AM
Hello Mr Ud
Explain please.
Did you cut off the instructions?
BR Egor
Apr 13, 2019, 08:01 AM
Thread OP
...the spars I ordered according to the CAD-model do have an outer diameter of 14mm (minimum diameter according structural calculations) - the holes in your wing parts have a diameter of 10mm? I did not check the exact position of the holes yet but they seem to be off a too?
Apr 13, 2019, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. UD
...the spars I ordered according to the CAD-model do have an outer diameter of 14mm (minimum diameter according structural calculations) - the holes in your wing parts have a diameter of 10mm? I did not check the exact position of the holes yet but they seem to be off a too?
Please check the exact position.
Diameter of spars yes, 10mm.
We are guided by your recommendations, but for objective reasons, the final choice is ours.
BR Egor
Apr 14, 2019, 04:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1000
Please check the exact position.
Diameter of spars yes, 10mm.
We are guided by your recommendations, but for objective reasons, the final choice is ours.
BR Egor
You are the boss

...but can you explain why you choosed 10mm
Apr 14, 2019, 06:15 AM
Quote:
You are the boss

...but can you explain why you choosed 10mm
unification of production.
in this case it will not be difficult to use any size 10-16mm.
worse if the hole is large and needs to be reduced.
BR Egor
Apr 14, 2019, 07:59 AM
Thread OP
...OK, but I would strongly reccomend to leave a note in the manual and/or your homepage that the minimum spar size for this plane for everybody who is willing to fly this plane are two 14mm carbon tubes - using 10mm according to the manufactured hole size will cause the wings to fold for sure!
Apr 14, 2019, 06:21 PM
Quote:
...OK, but I would strongly reccomend to leave a note in the manual and/or your homepage that the minimum spar size for this plane for everybody who is willing to fly this plane are two 14mm carbon tubes - using 10mm according to the manufactured hole size will cause the wings to fold for sure!
Hi Amigo!
Well, in the following large scale models, let's make 14mm.
Best Regards, Egor
Apr 16, 2019, 01:27 AM
Thread OP
Finally I have finished the numbering - lucky me
I started to lay out the parts of segments 25-27 where the EDF's and the wing spars are mounted at - this is the most complicated part of the plane

There will be very little progress the next days because of easter-vacation
May 03, 2019, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
Section 24 and the bottom of sections 25-27 are glued and grinded - today I will start cutting of the EDF-bulkheads. As soon as this is done I will post the first Pictures and maybe even the .pdf's for the bulkheads
May 03, 2019, 06:31 AM
Hello. I am following this thread eagerly from Spain. Keep up the good work!
May 05, 2019, 02:56 PM
So am I from Spain too xdd.
May 06, 2019, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
Hello fellows from spain! I hope you are bringing some patience with you as I am a slow builder

Nevertheless there was some progress: I glued the sections 28-31 (without the parts for the ducting as I am using rolled 0,5mm PVC sheets). I decided to glue some sections in front of the engine compartment before doing the detail design of the bulkheads.

First impressions: the fuselage appears much smaller than I thought - and this with two 120's - I am happy
May 07, 2019, 07:23 AM
Why grow up, it makes no sense
I am very eager to see some pics. I am cleaning out my workshop - it’s a start.

Quick Reply