Apr 03, 2019, 01:18 PM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
This will be interesting.
If more info will come in May, one can wonder when it is actually possible to buy it.
Radio Control manufacturer seems often to have a long timeline between announcement of a new radio and actual release on the market so it can be bought. Not uncommon also the release date is pushed into future many times. Example is Futaba 16SZ release, it was announced in April 2017 and was possible to buy and get delivered in some countries in late October or in November 2017, about 6 months.

At least it has already an item number at Ripmax Germany website:
https://www.ripmax.de/futaba-32mz-w-...b-tx-case.html

Anyway, it will be interesting to see the features and how much redundancy Futaba has selected to have in the T32MZ. It is hard to imagine any revolutionized new features.
If it will be significant more expensive then present 18MZ WC I think it must have outstanding features and redundancy that really make it worth the money.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Apr 04, 2019 at 12:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2019, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
DIdn't take long for you to show up. Can't block you here like I do on FG.
You still do not get it, I want Futaba to succeed.
There have been way too many casualties, we need major players to stay in the game.
Otherwise there is no game.

We will see all players at the Toledo EXPO, it will be very interesting experience.
Apr 03, 2019, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
DIdn't take long for you to show up. Can't block you here like I do on FG.
You still do not get it, I want Futaba to succeed.
There have been way too many casualties we need major players stay in the game,
otherwise there is no game.
Apr 03, 2019, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by konormgregory
...Very little innovation from Futaba except for silly things like fancy colour touch screens. Futaba need to understand that people want new standards, they want ergonomics, they want their tx to be programmable from their PC ...
When moving from the Futaba 10J to the 16sz, I have to say that the color touch screen was a huge leap. Programming a plane is cake and the screen response is lighting fast with no lag.

The days of tethering to a PC to configure things are kind of over. It is much easier and faster with a snappy touch screen. I would hate to drag a computer to the field to make changes on my radio.
Apr 03, 2019, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee
This will be interesting.
If more info will come in May, one can wonder when it is actually possible to buy it.
Radio Control manufacturer seems often to have a long timline between announcement of a new radio and actual release on the market so it can be bought. Not uncommon also the release date is pushed into future many times. Example is Futaba 16SZ release, it was announced in April 2017 and was possible to buy and get delivered in some countries in late October or in November 2017, about 6 months.

At least it has already an item number at Ripmax Germany website:
https://www.ripmax.de/futaba-32mz-w-...b-tx-case.html

Anyway, it will be interesting to see the features and how much redundancy Futaba has selected to have in the T32MZ. It is hard to imagine any revolutionized new features.
If it will be significant more expensive then present 18MZ WC I think it must have outstanding features and redundancy that really make it worth the money.

/Bo
Totally right Bo.

Worst than those nearly 6 months 16SZ delay are the now 2 years for the PowerBox Core! At least the 16SZ hit the market with full software capability, model types and flying condintions.

I think that RC brands greatly move today from marketing directives closely watching the competence.

Best Regards
Apr 03, 2019, 05:57 PM
Doesn't FrSky make Futaba compatible receivers?
Apr 03, 2019, 07:06 PM
Yadtech Heavy Industries Ltd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Yes, these are multi radio compatible, I have about 8 of them I use with my Hitec Aurora 9x. Cheap and reliable.
Apr 03, 2019, 07:37 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Yes, they have a selection of FASST compatible receivers in the TF series plus the Delta-8 multiprotocol receiver supports S-FHSS
Apr 03, 2019, 08:21 PM
Ahh, so none support the various Futaba telemetry sensors. That's a shame.
Apr 03, 2019, 09:00 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Ahh, so none support the various Futaba telemetry sensors. That's a shame.
They're legacy hardware, FrSky stopped development of those products when they introduced the D series receivers & modules and since then has only worked on their own RF systems. The compatibles are largely in the line because they're steady sellers and cost FrSky little to maintain production (and the Delta-8 encourages migration from Futaba or Hitec to FrSky)
Apr 04, 2019, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescardin
"konormgregory" is clear you have not owned Futaba for many years as...they have since a very long time small full range receivers that even you just need a single one instead of several along the model -like other brands- just to fly safe.

Best Regards
Hi Jescardin, i have not owned futaba for many years and I am glad to hear they solved one of their many problems but alas I have long moved on.

Kindest Regards.
Apr 04, 2019, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
He specified small full range receivers, not just full range. Futaba makes nothing even remotely comparable to a R-XSR or SPM4649T (which are the two most popular receivers by far for multirotor applications). The closest thing they have is the 7.1g R7003SB which is huge and heavy in comparison to the competition.

The only small receiver in the FASST line is the R6004FF, which is non-telemetry and park range. That doesn't compare well with the full range/ full telemetry RX4R, or the full range/limited telemetry and antennaless AR410 which the competition delivers in this space. Heck, the RX4R supports remotes, external telemetry sensors and SBus output in a package smaller & lighter than the R6004FF.
I did specify small full range, was talking generally but you did understand it was towards multirotor applications.
Apr 04, 2019, 03:42 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescardin
Totally right Bo.

Worst than those nearly 6 months 16SZ delay are the now 2 years for the PowerBox Core! At least the 16SZ hit the market with full software capability, model types and flying condintions.

I think that RC brands greatly move today from marketing directives closely watching the competence.

Best Regards
Probably Futaba T32MZ will have a very tough competitor in the Powerbox CORE radio and also probably the other way around. And with the other top end radios.
I have been following the CORE radio over at Powerbox Systems forum at their website and this radio followed the same delay pattern as most other radio manufacturer, for one and another reasons. The software of these high end radios can be very flexible and new features added, within hardware limits, and that may tempt radio manufacturer to release a new radio little too early, thinking they can add features along the way. Of course they are eager to get in money as quick as possible for the time consuming and hard work for the development of the software etc, but for us end users we are in danger to be beta testers. I do not say this is the case with the CORE radio but perhaps a tendency there in my opinion.
And what I like about Futaba (I use one myself) is that they usually deliver a rather full fledge radio as far as features and software is concerned already from the very first release of the radio, and then add some features and corrections along the way as neccessary. It is in my opinion a better approach, and safer also I think.

/Bo
Apr 04, 2019, 05:32 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuootal
That looks like different picture. With the numbering I would assume that it would be positioned above T18MZ, but I do not see side sliders nor knobs in middle. Also back handle looks a bit like T7-grade. Interesting... Obviously I might and will be incorrect.

Edit : yes, I was incorrect. There is backslider. But cannot see throttle & elev. trim... Have to wait for better pics & specs.
Knobs: It seems to be two knobs/dials, to the left and right of the top screen? See image below.

Trottle and elevator trims (and the rest of the trims): it is about in same places as in 18MZ, so check out a photo of that TX.

The antenna seems to not be "built in" but is still (foldable?) "pin" antenna?

/Bo
Apr 04, 2019, 05:48 AM
Are there modules that work with Futaba radios to fly planes with DSMX receivers? (It appears there used to be a DSM2 module, but I'm not seeing any DSMX. I might just be missing it though.)

Quick Reply