Apr 02, 2019, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Well a number of us have played the Futaba game on and off for a number of years. Past experience says that it'll be designed by engineers who do not even know how to fly RC. They, being Japanese and all, have a thing about not letting anyone suggest anything, they'll lose face if they listen. JR's demise is a classic example of that mentality.

Model RC products are such a small part of their business, I doubt there are too many concerns about what the public thinks as evidence by their stubborn refusal to fix some of the most minor issues with their radios. They won't release code for 3rd party providers to develop accessory products and last, they are so far behind the ball game in pretty much every area of RC development and capabilities, they'll never catch up.

I've got a DX20 which Spektrum has now discontinued, I've got an 18MZ which has been discontinued, I've got an 18MZ WC which this new radio will replace and I have an 18SZ, who knows what will happen to that?

I'm old enough that there shouldn't be any reason for me to buy another new tx but I'll tell you this; if I do buy another one it won't be a Jeti, it'll be a PowerBox CORE.
Good afternoon, I just thought about you.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2019, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
I love how people who have seen nothing more than a shadowy image can draw so many conclusions about a product they know absolutely nothing about. But I guess it is to be expected.
It is amazing to know so much about this product with a half-shaded dark picture.

For sure will be sold-out and backordered in no time
Apr 02, 2019, 07:51 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
The only question is if you do NOT want to understand or you simply do NOT understand?
You know well in 2019 its NOT single product, but SYSTEM that makes it all possible.

In order for Futaba to be competitive they need to come up with NEW protocol. And that means NEW receivers, sensors, stabilization, power distribution....
Is that going to happen? I guess time will tell.

DIdn't take long for you to show up. Can't block you here like I do on FG.
Apr 02, 2019, 10:29 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
You can certainly hide him if you choose to.
Apr 03, 2019, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Well a number of us have played the Futaba game on and off for a number of years. Past experience says that it'll be designed by engineers who do not even know how to fly RC. They, being Japanese and all, have a thing about not letting anyone suggest anything, they'll lose face if they listen. JR's demise is a classic example of that mentality.

Model RC products are such a small part of their business, I doubt there are too many concerns about what the public thinks as evidence by their stubborn refusal to fix some of the most minor issues with their radios. They won't release code for 3rd party providers to develop accessory products and last, they are so far behind the ball game in pretty much every area of RC development and capabilities, they'll never catch up.

I've got a DX20 which Spektrum has now discontinued, I've got an 18MZ which has been discontinued, I've got an 18MZ WC which this new radio will replace and I have an 18SZ, who knows what will happen to that?

I'm old enough that there shouldn't be any reason for me to buy another new tx but I'll tell you this; if I do buy another one it won't be a Jeti, it'll be a PowerBox CORE.
Do you expect a manufacture to keep making products because you own them, you do understand they continue to work right?
Apr 03, 2019, 05:18 AM
Yadtech Heavy Industries Ltd.
Looks like another generic radio. They need to do something different, ie have seperate twin mini thumb control radios so you don't need to have the radio in the usual holding position.
Apr 03, 2019, 05:48 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Esprit Model is a Futaba dealer. I don't understand why may you want to block someone who makes your huge discounts.
Apr 03, 2019, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz
Looks like another generic radio. They need to do something different, ie have seperate twin mini thumb control radios so you don't need to have the radio in the usual holding position.
Yes agree, as much as it is a buzzword these days the big dogs both Futaba and Spektrum are simply producing the standard pizza box style 90's radio. Very little innovation from Futaba except for silly things like fancy colour touch screens. Futaba need to understand that people want new standards, they want ergonomics, they want their tx to be programmable from their PC they want telemetry options and small full range receivers.

I have not owned a Futaba for quite a few years now, and I cannot see this offering swaying me back to the fold.
Apr 03, 2019, 06:40 AM
"konormgregory" is clear you have not owned Futaba for many years as...they have since a very long time small full range receivers that even you just need a single one instead of several along the model -like other brands- just to fly safe.

Best Regards
Apr 03, 2019, 08:54 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescardin
"konormgregory" is clear you have not owned Futaba for many years as...they have since a very long time small full range receivers that even you just need a single one instead of several along the model -like other brands- just to fly safe.

Best Regards
He specified small full range receivers, not just full range. Futaba makes nothing even remotely comparable to a R-XSR or SPM4649T (which are the two most popular receivers by far for multirotor applications). The closest thing they have is the 7.1g R7003SB which is huge and heavy in comparison to the competition.

The only small receiver in the FASST line is the R6004FF, which is non-telemetry and park range. That doesn't compare well with the full range/ full telemetry RX4R, or the full range/limited telemetry and antennaless AR410 which the competition delivers in this space. Heck, the RX4R supports remotes, external telemetry sensors and SBus output in a package smaller & lighter than the R6004FF.
Apr 03, 2019, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
He specified small full range receivers, not just full range. Futaba makes nothing even remotely comparable to a R-XSR or SPM4649T (which are the two most popular receivers by far for multirotor applications). The closest thing they have is the 7.1g R7003SB which is huge and heavy in comparison to the competition.

The only small receiver in the FASST line is the R6004FF, which is non-telemetry and park range. That doesn't compare well with the full range/ full telemetry RX4R, or the full range/limited telemetry and antennaless AR410 which the competition delivers in this space. Heck, the RX4R supports remotes, external telemetry sensors and SBus output in a package smaller & lighter than the R6004FF.
"mawz" those are not "small" but "micro" as I understand those words!.

Anyway I am afraid you also are not to date: althought not telemetry capable (it is S-FHSS modulation) Futaba offers the R2000SBM since end of last year here in Europe, just developed for drones (racing drones mainly I think!) with full range and single S.BUS conection to the controller board specifications.

So yes, there are Futaba small full range receivers like R2001SB and then a "more than small" -if you do not like calling it micro- one which is the R2000SBM, both on S-FHSS protocol.

Best Regards
Apr 03, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:

Holy smoke!
Guess Ill have to come down and review your inventory
Apr 03, 2019, 10:48 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescardin
"mawz" those are not "small" but "micro" as I understand those words!.
None of the receivers I've listed are Micro receivers. They are all small full range receivers. Micro would be an XMR or AR64xx, which are even smaller and support 1-3g servo's (and even have them onboard in the case of some AR64xx SKU's)

Quote:

Anyway I am afraid you also are not to date: althought not telemetry capable (it is S-FHSS modulation) Futaba offers the R2000SBM since end of last year here in Europe, just developed for drones (racing drones mainly I think!) with full range and single S.BUS conection to the controller board specifications.

So yes, there are Futaba small full range receivers like R2001SB and then a "more than small" -if you do not like calling it micro- one which is the R2000SBM, both on S-FHSS protocol.

Best Regards
I'm working directly off Futaba USA's product listing and their FASST/FASSTest receivers. If I'm going to spend on a FASSTest capable TX, I want FASSTest capable receivers in my high dollar aircraft, including race quads. S-FHSS is Futaba's discount line based on their own marketing, the selling point of FASSTest is the RF link, if I have to give that up, why buy Futaba in the first place?

And I looked up the R2001SB

It's 21.1 x 41.8 x 5.3mm and 4.2g, that's huge & heavy for this class of device. In fact it's twice the size and 50% heavier than FrSky's standard 6ch+SBus unit with full telemetry (the RX6R)

The FrSky equivalent to the R2001SB is the XM+

It's 21.5*12*3.5mm and 1.6g

The Spektrum equivalent is the SPM4649T (which is telemetry, but otherwise is Spektrum's smallest option)

It's 30 x 16 x 6mm and 3g (which is already quite heavy for this class of device)

So the Futaba is more than double the size and almost 3 times the weight of the FrSky option, and at least 50% larger & heavier than the Spektrum.

The R2000SBM is 20x10x3mm and 2.9g, still not competitive with the XM+ in weight (and be aware, there's a fair bit of complaining that the XM+ is too heavy, as there are 0.8g or less receivers from 3rd parties for Spektrum & FrSKy).
Apr 03, 2019, 11:00 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
You can certainly hide him if you choose to.
Not on this forum, he is a moderator and cannot be added to your ignore list.
Apr 03, 2019, 11:17 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Not on this forum, he is a moderator and cannot be added to your ignore list.
And you learn something every day.

That's unfortunate.

Quick Reply