Apr 01, 2019, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Help!

MZ-24 battery options

Bought the MZ-24 when first came out few years ago. Orginal battery died after 6 mo use. bought 2 replacements and both craped out with in 30 days.
I have not flow because of frustration with the batteries on this radio.

any one else had this issue ? if so what are you using for batteries. any one tried a 2s LIFE battery or is that to much?

:
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2019, 03:48 PM
Never had a problem with the battery on the MZ-24.

The radio is rated for 3.3 to 6 volts. So a 2s LiFe would be too much.

How are your charging the battery?
Apr 01, 2019, 04:26 PM
Same here, I have my MZ24 for a few years now and never had a problem.
Also bought a backup which is still Ok.

What do mean by died, totally dead or reduced capacity?
Same question, how are you charging the batteries?
Were the batteries drained/stored below the minimum?
Apr 23, 2019, 09:28 PM
I cannot help with the original issue, but I have been using a 6400mah 90C 1S hard case lipo on my MZ24 and MZ18. The MZ18 only came with a 2000mah battery and fling gliders meant that I ran into the warning call for low battery often. I contacted Graupner USA but they could not send a lipo to me and graupner korea quoted $300 for shipping - presumably they were just saying they were not interested.
So I purchased the lipo from HK and attach it to the battery hatch with velcro. If you cut a little plastic away from next to the hatch catch, the lead to plug in can fit through there. It charges at 5amp and maintains a flyable voltage for 7 hours of continuous use.
May 22, 2019, 10:12 PM
c/f
c/f
I just helped out someone with a "bad battery" I tried using the Graupner polaran on .1 amps I could not get it to go above 3.9VDC.even overnight.

So I made up a JST genderbender and put it on my Venom 1s specific charger which has proven itself over and over with 1s batts I thought to be bad: Bingo over 1 hour its started to rise and 10 hours later it read full, no further issues with his battery and is back to wall charger on his own. We used my TX to know for sure calibration volts needed to be displayed and altered his which was WAY OFF.

Moral I think is the battery clearly states not to drop below 3.2VDC I think with wrong calibrations the battery dropped below 3VDC and the internal logic board in battery makes it difficult to recover, Venom 1s wins again.........I now use this venom set to .1 versus wallwart, nice to see voltage and FULL 4.2vdc

WOW just bought 3 when I found this link to post........

https://www.venompower.com/collectio...attery-charger
Latest blog entry: Amt 180

Quick Reply