Apr 01, 2019, 08:44 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Thread OP
Discussion

Show us your basic FPV monitor setup

with the uncertainty of the future of FPV regs I have found myself flying more LOS with a monitor and FPV setup. I still use my fatsharks but I'm a lot more selective of when.

I 3D printed a bracket so the monitor is often on the controller but i do use the tripod a lot as well.

Anyone else still using a basic 5.8 monitor setup?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2019, 04:13 AM
I've been using a 7" monitor for years. I also have Fatshark goggles with Clearview mounted and FXT Vipers. For best reception you need to get the antennas up high and away from your body. So I use a lighting stand in preference to a tripod. The monitor has a mounting plate with a vertical steel tube brazed to it and it slips down over the top tube of the lighting stand. I use an R clip to secure it, but it can swivel to track the model if necessary. The stand is extended up and an Immersion Duo sits right on top with an omni directional antenna and a 5 turn helical. It's important to secure the rig by strapping it to a fence post or hammering in a tent peg and tying it to the base of the stand. Don't want a gust of wind tipping it over while flying! Andy
Apr 05, 2019, 03:22 PM

Ground Station

Pics of my ground station.
Apr 06, 2019, 12:16 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Thread OP
Nice setup Gadget. I have been using the HMDVR-s module onboard, I really must get another DVR for FPV signal recording. I like ya labels.......

I'm still tossing up on if I'll get a Dock-King and FuriousFPV diversity module (Achilles) to "pole" mount. At around $230 all up it seems a good simple modular choice.

Mark
Apr 06, 2019, 10:29 AM
3 Strykers,your out !
Been using this homemade setup for several years now, 7" monitor, small office rubbish bin courtesy of Bunnings, video RX & battery all mounted on a hardhat.
Tried Fatsharks and smaller screen units too but, despite its appearance, this isn't as heavy as it looks and pretty comfortable actually.
Tx is on a PZ Radian glider.

Quick Reply