Apr 01, 2019, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flysky fs-i6 binded but not receiving inputs

Hi,
I have been building my first drone and so far it has been quite successful. However, when I arm it nothing happens. The transmitter and receiver are bound, and the motors all do work (I tested in the beta flight program). Also in beta flight, it does not show any inputs from the transmitter so I think it is something to do with my wiring. The signal of the receiver is connected to RX1.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2019, 04:52 AM
Which FC are you using ?

It's not clear in the picture above which pins on the receiver are being used. They should be plugged in to the top right horizontal row.

In the FS-i6 radio menu. IBUS output needs to be selected. Then hold the cancel button to save.

In the Ports tab in Betaflight, enable Serial Rx on UART 1 and click save.

In the Configuration tab. Select Serial based receiver , then IBUS. and click save.

Go to the receiver tab. move the sticks and the bars on screen should move.

Then to arm, go in the Modes tab and click 'add range' in the ARM box, and select the AUX channel for the AUX switch on the FS-i6 radio. you need assign your chosen arming switch to an AUX in the radio menu first.
Last edited by Airvortex; Apr 01, 2019 at 04:59 AM.
Apr 01, 2019, 01:08 PM
Thread OP
I attached a photo of the reciver..... I think the part I haven't done is selected i-bus output, but how do you do that?? Also I am using an omnibus f4 flight controller.
Last edited by JClarky; Apr 01, 2019 at 01:28 PM.
Apr 01, 2019, 03:46 PM
The receiver pins are plugged in correctly.

Looking at the solder joint of the signal wire on fc. That big blob of solder could be an issue. I would re-do it, it might be a cold solder joint.

Also another thing to try is enabling another serial rx on a different uart channel in the ports tab. It could be mis-labled. disable the other serial rx before trying another.

Also check the crimp area inside connector plugged into the receiver, it could be a snapped wire, try a different wire. Last resort you could solder the signal wire directly to the signal pin if you remove the case from the receiver,
Last edited by Airvortex; Apr 01, 2019 at 04:41 PM.
Apr 01, 2019, 04:01 PM
Also in the radio menu , under RX Setup, select AFHDS 2A
Last edited by Airvortex; Apr 01, 2019 at 04:17 PM.
Apr 01, 2019, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarky
I attached a photo of the reciver..... I think the part I haven't done is selected i-bus output, but how do you do that?? Also I am using an omnibus f4 flight controller.
In the menu, under RX Setup, look for IBUS/PPM options. Then choose ibus if possible.
Apr 01, 2019, 04:26 PM
Also you could try soldering the signal wire to the RX3 pad on the fc. Then try serial rx on uart 3
Apr 01, 2019, 10:35 PM
Thread OP
Hi I switch to RX3 and now everything works great thanks

Quick Reply