Mar 31, 2019, 03:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Phoenix 2000 (V1) problem

Hi there,
Maybe someone with a good flying Phoenix 2000 can help me.
I suspect the fuselage is deformed. Bend downwards.
First I had to trim up a lot to make it fly straight and not dive all the time.
CG is already further back than the markings, but finally I still had to raise the front of the wing with a layer of depron to raise its angle. Now it works but this canīt be right.
I have attached a pic of the fuselage laid on a flat surface to make the curve visible. Might be a design decision but also a sign of a mistake during production.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2019, 03:55 AM
Is this the new version (with the wheel ) or the old version (no wheel)

Try asking here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...G-Phoenix-2000
Mar 31, 2019, 04:14 AM
Thread OP
Thx, itīs the V1.
Apr 08, 2019, 10:03 PM
All your base are belong to us
Mine flies very well, but I had to remove and discard the battery tray and set up a stick for the battery so that I can slide it back under the servos all the way to where it reaches the rear wing mounting screws, in order to get the CG where it needed to be. I have the CG at 3 and 3/8" (3.375 inches) behind the leading edge. The battery is actually behind the CG.

By the way, my fuse curves the same way yours does. I don't think anything is wrong with yours.
Last edited by Miami Mike; Apr 08, 2019 at 10:15 PM.
Apr 12, 2019, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Thanx. As I suspected, this is 1,5cm (Europe here) behind the markings on the wing. But I have already been there, and still it was going nose down. But I did not test it since I did my tweaking on the fuselage.
Oct 27, 2020, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Maybe someone reads that way later: It flies good now. The solution: slowly pour boiling water over the area and bend it straight. As I suspected, the fuselage was deformed, most likely due to failures while production. Things like that seem to happen with those fuselages more often.

Quick Reply