Mar 30, 2019, 04:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fixed Wing Autopilot

Hi folks,

I'd like to build a fixed-wing, autopilot-driven UAV. I plan to program extra features into a standard PX4-based autopilot to basically have it do tricks and fly special patterns on its own when I hit a button or flip a switch. If I want to do this with the cheapest platform reasonable (it will probably crash a lot), what do you lot suggest I start with? Also, what's the best way to simulate this before I fly?

Thanks
Hans
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2019, 06:03 AM
Hi Cleverhans

I have been an airmodel enthusiastic for more than 40 years. I would love to convert one of my R/C birds in a UAV. There is a lot of things that need to be well packed in one reliable system. It would help a lot to have a way to simulate before you try real. Let me know if you find such a software, I am in the same searching.
Apr 17, 2019, 07:52 PM
I would recommend making a foamie Versa Wing or similar type flying wing from the guys at Flitetest R/C. The wing is a few sheets of cheap foamboard, and is quite durable. I did a lot of testing of an APM based wing this way.
Apr 22, 2019, 12:56 AM
ultra cheap pilot
You should join those cheap efficient mini UAV builder here at rcgroups threads: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...aKora-Mar-2019 Low cost builds but heaps of successful autonomous flight.

Quick Reply