Apr 14, 2019, 01:57 AM
I'm a pilot, 100 yrs too late
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Gunn
Practice flying. You make good turns by being a good pilot, not by turning the job over to your radio. There is no mix that can make all your turns look good.
+1, I prefer to fly the aircraft, the radio gives me means to do that, not do it for me
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 03:55 PM
Practice flying. Years ago I was weak on the rudder until I started flying helis. Now I don't even think about it on either fixed wing or helicopter.
May 29, 2019, 08:55 AM
Mixed controls like rudder + aileron also becomes a pain where you need them to be separate. For example, on landing, you might want to adjust roll to keep the wings level, but you really don't want the rudder input. Likewise, the amount of mixing you need will very according to the flight profile. Far better to learn that coordination yourself, then you can have it on, off, at whatever rate you choose, whenever you choose, because you control it in real time.

Quick Reply