This thread is privately moderated by kazaklisglider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 29, 2019, 02:12 AM
Trader Rating: 10
Magic Soaring...
Thread OP
$545.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Hawk /Wilco F5B RTF

Hello,

The Hawk or Wilco F5B has certainly earned a reputation among performance seeking pilots who wished for a model to bridge the gap between an all-out F5B competition ship and sport hotliners… it has fulfilled that role admirably well.

It features above average construction and excellent molding detail plus exhilarating performance with speedy slope flights or sizzling its way through booming thermals, or dedicated F3B course practicing… a full carbon version would do very well at international contests.

Have acquired a brand new one from a local hobby shop as I was quite impressed by its overall quality, it has been a wise choice… have carefully prepared it and used only quality equipment which is has performed perfectly.

After some preliminary trimming flights only issue that revealed was the all-white top color scheme which rendered the model difficult to see in high bank angles especially at overcast days… somewhat hard to precisely follow a white top greased bullet in grey background!

Thus decided to do a custom paint job at the wing tips with matching stab pattern, it was well worth the extra work as visibility has greatly improved even in hazy conditions.

My decision for a really a high power motor set up necessitated to relieve appropriate sections of the fuse skin and mold a number airflow cooling inlet/outlets… four inlets for the motor and ESC and one major outlet, results are good with no apparent overheating issues.

As I had to do some local sanding so the moldings would be completely flush with the fuse skin I opted to put a layer of paint in the forward section, all this customizing was done form the onset and is not a result of a mishap, I personally guarantee that to any prospective buyer… airframe is in outstanding condition both cosmetic and structurally.

Model was initially used for approx. 30 (mostly familiarizing/ trimming) flights, at this period our local favorite slope was banned from public use… my left over choice was flat fields.

For a short season put down a small number of flights in strong thermal conditions and then stored it… heavy involvement in F5J competitions really robed time from most other flying activities.

My ship has been custom rigged for perfect alignment, stable level flight achieved with zero AIL/ELEV deflections… no trim drag on this sleek speedster, interestingly I have also read of some pilots reporting tip stalling tendencies with their models.

I personally had not experienced any issues or bad handling in general but I always make sure the ship is flowing through turns and retains sufficient energy at all times, even in strong thermal cores minimum sink flying is not the designed in parameter… the most efficient circling speed I have concluded is just below best L/D, after all its main role is flying fast and groovy!

I have taken as many detailed photos as possible to show various details, stab is easily detachable and overall the ship is very practical to transport... only drawback at field rigging is that with no canopy or external ESC switch the pilot has to power up and then proceed to bolt the wings and fly… but that’s no real issue as long as attention to prop safety is given.

EQUIPMENT:
- Motor: MEGA ACn 22/35/1.5 E (special wind direct 1890 Kv)
- ESC: SCHULZE Fut-val-12.60e 80AMP BEC 5v 3/ 4.5 Amp
- Spinner: RFM/ Profi CFK full carbon 36mm
- Prop: RFM/CFK full carbon 9x6
- Servos: 3x Dymond D60
- Battery: 3S 2500min/3200max 50-70C high grade cells (not included in package)
- AUW: from 1300 to 1430 gr (depending on Lipo)
- CG: range from 60 to 65mm

It is interesting to note that I have used the excellent Dymond D60 as servo choice, at first thought metal gear servos would have been a more logical choice…however I have used the D60 in the past and proved very precise/reliable units, despite nylon the gear/shaft assembly is quite robust, a definite plus is absolutely zero gear slop that pays a lot at high speeds.

The direct motor is another choice not in par with normal F5B practice… had opted to sacrifice a percentage of vertical thrust and gain higher speed level flight, the motor is a real powerhouse and able to swing a 9x6 to 10x6 at plus 15000 static, unloading in level flight is estimated for an additional 1500 to 2000… does this Hawk go faaaast?

All that power needs reliable front end components… RFM full carbon units can translate that in useful thrust without issues, the 3S battery choice is limited to really high grade cells of min 50C as current draw with the 9X6 carbon is around 90 Amps and exceeding 100 with the 10x6... have settled for the thinner blade 9x6 as it provides outstanding performance and working the motor relatively close to its best efficiency.

I will ship this value packed model in a custom made wooden crate of 5mm thick ply skins plus internal 25x15mm pine framework for a really robust and safe package…

Shipping (with SPM/ DHL) to US destinations, delivery time from 5 to 8 working days, PayPal accepted plus fees.

You can see 44 detailed photos at my Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucs61muic...1EKPsOYja?dl=0

For shipping cost or additional info contact at [email protected]

Regards Tasos.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply