Jun 16, 2019, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
An ounce is an ounce. Some of us don't want to carry around anything that isn't necessary. And for most of us those LEDs are totally not needed or useful. I would really like to know what they were thinking when they decided to do the night Radian. How many people fly at night or even at dusk?
I do, at and near dusk. It’s when I usually when have time. Plus I’m all alone then at the fields where I fly it. Safe mode was wonderful that evening when I forgot the bug spray.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2019, 06:06 PM
That's fine and it works for you but how many other people do that? Maybe I'm wrong but I would think you represent a tiny portion of the market. I think they made a mistake in the Night Radian but who knows, maybe this will be better for them. I just don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80
I do, at and near dusk. Itís when I usually when have time. Plus Iím all alone then at the fields where I fly it. Safe mode was wonderful that evening when I forgot the bug spray.
Jun 17, 2019, 04:13 PM
I have both. I fly f3j but I did like the Radian to knock around with. I fly the night Radian in Florida in the winter at night for a different experience. As a thermal glider it is a dog compared to the original. Iíve owned 2 originals.
Jun 17, 2019, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmaven
Replacing the standard Radian for the Night Radian goes beyond a stupid idea directly to a moronic idea .
My take on the standard Radian is that it was intended as a first R/C airplane experience . All foam glider , easy to fly and forgiving , spare parts available .
So now , after maybe , just maybe a daylight flight or two ,a total newby can take his night Radian outside after it gets dark and promptly become disoriented , crash it or run it into a tree . Hey , it had lights ,
What can possibly go wrong with the night Radian . Stay tuned .
Or he can get disorientated during a daylight flight, see the airplane in a graveyard spiral near the ground, flip safe mode back on, and live to fly another day. The old version would have been a pile of rubble in that situation. Bad judgement is part of the learning process. Flying it in the dark and hitting the trees is potentially a $200 lesson. Much like deciding to fly during the daylight anyway when the winds are too strong.
Jun 25, 2019, 08:43 AM
Life Long Modeler
I might have to drop some coins and get another E-Flite Radian while they are in stock at Tower
Last edited by bassfisher; Jun 25, 2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply