Mar 28, 2019, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

July 13 & 14 35th Annual Electric Flight Event/Southeastern MI -Entrance Change

35th Annual Mid-America Electric Flies 2019
AMA Sanctioned Event
(Proof of AMA membership required to fly)
Saturday, July 13 & Sunday, July 14
Hosted by the:
Ann Arbor Falcons and Electric Flyers Only

The 7 Mile Rd. Flying Site, Salem Twp., MI
Provided by the:
Midwest R/C Society

Contest Directors are:
Ken Myers phone (248) 669-8124 or
[email protected]
www.theampeer.org for updates & info
Keith Shaw (734) 973-6309

Flying both days at the Midwest R/C Society Flying Field - 7 Mile Rd., Salem Twp., MI

Flying from 10 A.M. to 4 P.M. Sat. & 10 A.M. to 3 P.M. Sunday

Pilot Entry Fee: 18 and over, $15 Sat. - $10, Sunday, (ask about the family rate),
Under 18, FREE
Parking Donation Requested from Spectators

Saturday's Awards
Best Scale
Most Beautiful
Best Ducted Fan
Best Sport Plane
New Foam Flurry for NCM Aircraft
CD's Choice

Sunday's Awards
Best Scale
Most Beautiful
Best Mini-Electric
Best Multi-motor
New Most Unique NCM Aircraft
CD's Choice

Planes Must Fly To Be Considered for Any Award
Saturday's & Sunday's Awards:
Plaques for 1st in each category

Open Flying Possible on Friday
Night Flying Possible, Weather Permitting,
Friday & Saturday Nights
Refreshments available at the field both days.

Potluck picnic at the field on Saturday evening.

Come and join us for two days of fun and relaxed electric flying.

Come, Look, Listen, Learn - Fly Electric - Fly the Future!
Merchandise drawing for ALL entrants

Special Events Again this year for NCM (Not Conventional Materials) aircraft
Traditionally, model aircraft airframes have been mostly constructed from balsa wood, plywood, spruce, and fiberglass. For the purposes of this meet, NCM airframes are mostly constructed from not conventional materials i.e.; sheet foam, foam board, cardboard, block foam, foam insulation material, etc.

Foam Flurry for NCM aircraft:
This is a true event. It is based upon the all up/last down event of early electric meets. Any NCM aircraft may be used (no ARF types). Power systems are limited to a maximum of 3S (no paralleling) LiPo batteries or 4S maximum, no paralleling, for A123 packs. All planes qualifying for this event will launch at the same time, and the last one to land will be declared the winner.

Most Unique NCM Aircraft Award:
An award will be given on Sunday to an aircraft in the NCM category that is judged as 'most unique' by the Mid-Am panel of judges.

To locate the Midwest R/C Society 7 Mile Rd. flying field, site of the Mid-America Electric Flies, look near top left corner of the map, where the star marks the spot, near Seven Mile Road and Currie Rd. Link to the map.

The field entrance is on the north side of Seven Mile Road about 1.6 Miles west of Currie Rd.
Address: 7621 Seven Mile Road, Northville, MI 48167 - numbers are on the fence.

Please see the attachment of what the entrance looks like now and how to navigate to the flying field.

Because of their convenient location and the easy drive to the flying field, the Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn Express in Wixom, MI have been added to the hotels listing. They are only 10 miles northwest of the field and located near I-96 and Wixom Road. See the map-hotel .pdf for more details.
http://www.theampeer.org/map-hotels.pdf
Last edited by Ken Myers; Jun 27, 2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added 35th Annual to subject
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2019, 05:05 AM
Thread OP
This is an AMA sanctioned meet. The sanction has been received.
Apr 30, 2019, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Sure hope it stops raining soon so that we can get in and start grooming the flying field.
May 21, 2019, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
I got the dining canopy, table and chairs ordered today for the steak sandwich and potluck dinner on Saturday evening.

I can't believe that May is almost over. Yikes, where does the time go?
Jun 06, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
A little less than 5 weeks to the Mid-Am.

We've finally gotten some decent flying weather!
Jun 19, 2019, 09:55 AM
Thread OP
Less than a month now, and I have still not flown a plane this crummy weather here in southeastern Michigan!
Jul 06, 2019, 04:48 AM
Thread OP
The fly-in is only one week away today. I have to get some final prep done this morning and get the plaques made.

Hope to see you soon,
Ken
Jul 08, 2019, 01:05 PM
volare est vivere
hi there from Toledo!!

There will be a small but feisty contingent for T-town in attendance once again.

See you soon, RJF
Jul 09, 2019, 03:44 PM
Thread OP
Great!!! See ya soon.
Jul 15, 2019, 08:13 PM
Build Fly Crash - Start Again!
Thanks for posting CJ great shots
Jul 16, 2019, 04:38 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the great photos C.J.
Thanks for coming all the way over here for this event Doug.
Jul 16, 2019, 09:51 AM
Stevephoon
A big thank you to Ken, Keith and everyone who helped put on this event. It was another great time (and hot like usual)

Here are the photos from my walk down the row of planes/pilots. These are no where as good as CJ's but it should give everyone an idea of the quality of the planes that were present.

Ken, do you have the award list from Saturday? I had to leave before they were given out and I was curious what planes you picked for awards. There are many planes that deserved them.

Steve
Jul 16, 2019, 10:14 AM
Thread OP
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the photos and CJ for even more photos.

I'm putting together the August Ampeer at the moment, and I only have the award winners on paper right now. When I hit that spot in the Ampeer, where I've typed them, I'll post both days' award winners here as well. It could be later today, or early tomorrow, as I have lunch with my retired teaching buddies in a bit.

Quick Reply