This thread is privately moderated by Kmot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2019, 10:18 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Discussion

Taft Models Fly Baby - Short Flight

This model is specified to us a 4S battery. I did the maiden on a 3S because I wanted to see if it would be doable. And it was. It had enough power and flew on the wing, very scale like.

I used the same battery yesterday, fully charged. However when I got to the runway a 3D guy asked if I could wait while he did his routine. So I waited for around 15 minutes until he landed. My plane was "on" but not using any servos.

I took off and did not even make a second lap around the field before it had lost so much power it could not stay in the air and crashed into the tall weeds just short of the runway. No damage thankfully because the weeds are fresh and soft from all the recent rains.

I then inserted my second battery, the same type and size as the other one. This time it flew as expected, and because the other battery spooked me I only flew it for a few minutes. But when I got back to the pits the cells were still over 4 volts each so I could have gone longer.

But I have proved my point to myself. I think in the future I will use 4S batteries.

Taft Models Fly Baby on a 3S battery. Short flight. (3 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply