Mar 13, 2002, 02:03 PM
Thread OP

Balancing main blades on the LMH or Corona

Hi,
I would like to know how do you proceed for the balancing of the main blades on the LMH or Corona. I'm following the instructions in the manual, I sit the heli on it's side and then add balancing tape to the lighter blade until they are level. But when I start it, it is still shacking. I must remove about half the balancing tape on the blade to make it almost properly balanced. It looks like I am adding too much tape? What am I doing wrong? Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks........Sylvain
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2002, 02:12 PM
Sylvain

Did you check the blade tracking, mine was out a bit.Does it shake on hover or at start up.

Wayne
Mar 13, 2002, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Hi Wayne,
my tracking seems to be good. It is shacking in hover. But when I remove a little bit of balancing tape, it's better but not totally balanced. Is it normal if it's shacking a little bit on the ground?

Bye........Sylvain
Mar 13, 2002, 02:43 PM
Mine shakes a little at startup, once the head speed is up, its good. If its doing at Hover does not sound right.I have a small piece of tape on subrotor stabilizer and one piece tape on one blade. I would pull apart and maybe check it out again.

Wayne
Mar 13, 2002, 05:49 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for your advices Wayne. Also, I would like to know if the rotor blades needs to be balanced. I can't see any information about that in the manual.

Bye..............Sylvain
Mar 14, 2002, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Someone is aware of the tail blades balancing?

Tom Viper,
were did you get your 3/8" plastic tube for the tailboom?

Thanks.........Sylvain
Mar 14, 2002, 10:41 AM
I probably have a dozen blades and a expensive balancer just collecting dust so one day I balanced them all out of boredom. All weigh the same. The best thing to do is balance the entire assembly. With the head and blades,subrotor,all assembled on the mainshaft. I layed it on its side and looked to see if it fell to one side or the other. As with any electric or most helis in general, you are going to have soem shakes as the head comes to speed. While in hover, I look for excessive shaking either by looking at the skids or the tail fin. My Deans whip antenna is a great way for me to detect imbalance. The LMH isnt really picky about anything cause Ive flown with some really lopsided blades. Getting the tracking is important and basically just look for anything that binds,shakes or just doesnt look right.

Quick Reply