Mar 26, 2019, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

D3ling POLIKARPOV

we open this thread so we can share and help build the d3ling models, both the polikarpov i-16 and the PA-18

Get feedback on the improvements and updates for a series of modifications that we are going to make a version 2 of the polikarpov model.

We will adapt our models to "ultimaker CURA", since we have asked several of you, we would also like to know if you have been able to print it or, on the contrary, you have encountered problems that make printing difficult.
Last edited by d3ling models; Mar 26, 2019 at 04:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2019, 10:09 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Subbed
Mar 28, 2019, 12:29 PM
Thread OP
hi Capo, dou you have the model?
Mar 29, 2019, 07:22 PM
I've half a mind...
Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Doc
Apr 07, 2019, 03:57 PM
Apr 07, 2019, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ling models

Nope...but I love 3d printing/aircraft, love the subject.

rtc
Mar 05, 2020, 08:44 AM
Certified User

PA18 Super Cub

Hi,

I bought the Super Cub and have started printing on my Prusa Mk3S using e-Sun PLA+.

I have used this filament on various 3dLabPrint, Shark Aero and PlanePrint models (Ok, so I'm a junkie!).

The problem I'm having with this model is the Nose Cone and I notice that you have provided neither a factory file or gcode file for it. I am getting closer to a workable print for it using two print profiles, the second starting from just before it starts the top curve. This profile will have layer height of .15 and 2 perimeters. I'm fairly sure I could print it well enough with 3 perimeters, but I'm conscious of keeping weight down.

Does the model balance easily or does it normally require nose or tail weight?

Another issue I have found is that the locator tabs on fuse 3 have no support and simply start printing in mid air. Naturally, the filament falls away and it takes several layers for it to attach to the wall. Even then the adhesion is minimal and 2 of them fell off. Apart from that, the quality of the prints is close to perfect, except for layers 3 to about 20, where they can't handle the angle.

Any ideas?

Geoff
Mar 05, 2020, 01:51 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me

thread hijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert80
Hi,

I bought the Super Cub and have started printing on my Prusa Mk3S using e-Sun PLA+.

I have used this filament on various 3dLabPrint, Shark Aero and PlanePrint models (Ok, so I'm a junkie!).

The problem I'm having with this model is the Nose Cone and I notice that you have provided neither a factory file or gcode file for it. I am getting closer to a workable print for it using two print profiles, the second starting from just before it starts the top curve. This profile will have layer height of .15 and 2 perimeters. I'm fairly sure I could print it well enough with 3 perimeters, but I'm conscious of keeping weight down.

Does the model balance easily or does it normally require nose or tail weight?

Another issue I have found is that the locator tabs on fuse 3 have no support and simply start printing in mid air. Naturally, the filament falls away and it takes several layers for it to attach to the wall. Even then the adhesion is minimal and 2 of them fell off. Apart from that, the quality of the prints is close to perfect, except for layers 3 to about 20, where they can't handle the angle.

Any ideas?

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

Maybe you should start a new thread regarding this issue with a plane that doesn't belong in this "3Dling POLIKARPOV"
Just saying that hijacking another's thread is not good practice. Best of luck.

DT
Mar 05, 2020, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ling models
Almost one year later.

No, jusr interested in 3d printed planes.

My apologies.

rc capo
Mar 05, 2020, 06:25 PM
Certified User
DT,

Do you have nothing better to do? Please read the first post (hint: get past the title).

If there's enough interest, I'll start a separate thread.

Geoff
Last edited by rupert80; Mar 05, 2020 at 09:15 PM.
Mar 06, 2020, 11:23 AM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert80
DT,

Do you have nothing better to do? Please read the first post (hint: get past the title).

If there's enough interest, I'll start a separate thread.

Geoff
My apologies Geoff, I did not see that it was an all inclusive thread of the their products and DID get wrapped around the axle with the title...
Please continue,
DT

PS - I do like the Super Cub and would like to see a separate thread.
Apr 09, 2020, 07:11 AM
Certified User
Go in peace Tom.

I printed the Cub for my friend, who promptly crashed it due to a receiver malfunction. I then printed most of the fuse again for take 2, but with a new receiver and new servos, it went in again. Not sure if he has the heart to try again.
May 08, 2020, 09:05 PM

No funcionan los archivos comprados

Hola, ayer compré a través de su página web el modelo polikarpov i-16 y con los archivos de factory de simplify ni los STL están bien.
Si quieres imprimir con 1 sola pasada quedan espacios en la capas que se imprimen al aire.
Hay una carpeta con la configuración factory de las alas y tampoco funciona.
¿podés ayudar?

Si imprimo los Gcode directos, hay problemas con las retracciones, velocidad, etc y no sale bien.

He intentado hacer la consulta a través de vuestra página, pero el botón de enviar está desaparecido.
May 12, 2020, 09:14 AM

No funcionan los archivos comprados--SOLUCIONADO

Muchas gracias por la ayuda, el error estaba como indicabas en la versión de Simplify3D.
Con la versión 4 todo OK.

Quick Reply