Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
Haters gonna hate...

http://www.thunder-max.com/Products/...ms309-362.aspx
Mar 27, 2019, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
Heck Yea!!!! It's only $ 989.99 plus shipping..... that's some expensive koolaide ....Buy lots of sensors, 2 wire, 4 wire and 5 wire.....Buy extra to carry along with you in case one goes all wonky..... You can pull over and just swap it out on the side of the road......by a new bung installer too...Heliarc welding machine.....

For 2010 and later Touring® Models: ThunderMax® includes wide-band, 5-wire oxygen sensors that thread into 18mm x 1.5mm bungs located near the exhaust port, same thread size and location as stock narrow-band, 2-wire sensors used on 2008 and 2009 Touring model exhausts. Starting with 2010 models, all Touring bikes are equipped with a catalytic converter in the headpipe collector area. The oxygen sensors used by H-D® on 2010 and later Touring models are smaller (12mm threads) heated 4-wire, narrow-band sensors located just forward of the catalytic converter near the transmission. The ThunderMax® sensors must be mounted in the 2008-2009 location, up near the cylinder head exhaust port. If you are retaining the original equipment 2010 and later exhaust header or have already purchased a pipe configured for 2010-up style 12mm sensors, 18 x 1.5mm bungs will need to be added to the existing headers in the upper location (near the exhaust port as on 2008 and 2009 models), with the lower 12mm sensors removed and ports capped. If using a not-yet-purchased aftermarket exhaust pipe, order an exhaust system for a 2009 model (pipe fitment is the same for 2010-2013 models) and your ThunderMax® sensors will install without modification. If you already have an aftermarket exhaust designed for a 2010 and later model Touring bike, you will need to install bungs as mentioned previously if the system is not equipped with dual bung locations.

Good Grief......it's a motorcycle...
Mar 27, 2019, 03:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Heck Yea!!!! It's only $ 989.99 plus shipping..... that's some expensive koolaide ....Buy lots of sensors, 2 wire, 4 wire and 5 wire.....Buy extra to carry along with you in case one goes all wonky..... You can pull over and just swap it out on the side of the road......by a new bung installer too...Heliarc welding machine.....

For 2010 and later Touring® Models: ThunderMax® includes wide-band, 5-wire oxygen sensors that thread into 18mm x 1.5mm bungs located near the exhaust port, same thread size and location as stock narrow-band, 2-wire sensors used on 2008 and 2009 Touring model exhausts. Starting with 2010 models, all Touring bikes are equipped with a catalytic converter in the headpipe collector area. The oxygen sensors used by H-D® on 2010 and later Touring models are smaller (12mm threads) heated 4-wire, narrow-band sensors located just forward of the catalytic converter near the transmission. The ThunderMax® sensors must be mounted in the 2008-2009 location, up near the cylinder head exhaust port. If you are retaining the original equipment 2010 and later exhaust header or have already purchased a pipe configured for 2010-up style 12mm sensors, 18 x 1.5mm bungs will need to be added to the existing headers in the upper location (near the exhaust port as on 2008 and 2009 models), with the lower 12mm sensors removed and ports capped. If using a not-yet-purchased aftermarket exhaust pipe, order an exhaust system for a 2009 model (pipe fitment is the same for 2010-2013 models) and your ThunderMax® sensors will install without modification. If you already have an aftermarket exhaust designed for a 2010 and later model Touring bike, you will need to install bungs as mentioned previously if the system is not equipped with dual bung locations.

You were saying it couldn't be done...everybody I know that rides is doing it..go figure...its the lefty in you...
Mar 27, 2019, 03:44 AM
foamie re-cycler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
I present the Bionic Marshmallow. Or Born to be Mild. At least it matches the dog.

Installed new battery last week. 7 years out of the old one. Cruise control was intermittent and fixed that yesterday. Entertaining getting Historical Vehicle plates for it but with my luck I'll get busted.
My recent purchase ...first " bike" in 20 yrs
Mar 27, 2019, 06:59 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
That hurts my eyes. Looks like a platypus on wheels.
Mar 27, 2019, 07:10 AM
The QuadFather
Quote:

And that’s the magic you will never understand...
Mar 27, 2019, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
You were saying it couldn't be done...everybody I know that rides is doing it..go figure...its the lefty in you...
Yea, it's my fault it costs you $3000 to change the exhaust on your bike....
Mar 27, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
Those are actually really good scooters. Congrats!
Mar 27, 2019, 11:12 AM
Eye of The Storm
It must be some kind of doctor ordered therapy to keep attacking a man's bike purchase over and over again to lessen the pain of "Mueller Time" not coming up with the goods.

vroooom vroooom!
Mar 27, 2019, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahBenHur
It must be some kind of doctor ordered therapy to keep attacking a man's bike purchase over and over again to lessen the pain of "Mueller Time" not coming up with the goods.

vroooom vroooom!
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.
Mar 27, 2019, 12:09 PM
Quote:

vroooom vroooom!
Not to worry, he's a Harley owner.
Mar 27, 2019, 12:51 PM
Eye of The Storm
Quote:
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.
Just looking out for you because the TDS is strong in you. Let go your feelings and don't succumb to the Demside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Not to worry, he's a Harley owner.
He's still attacking his bike purchase.
Mar 27, 2019, 01:00 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
My brother has a "Twinkie", that is what he calls it, it is not an insult, its just a name.

He got it to replace the Shovelhead he had owned for many years, but had got fed up of calling out recovery to get him home when it broke down again.

He soon realised he had swapped character for reliability, complained to everyone, so in the end, I had a tee shirt made up for him with a picture of a shovel engine on blocks, dripping oil, with the words "I wish I had never sold my shovelhead" over it.

We laughed, he snarled, which made us laugh more.

Later he built a Shovel powered hardtail chop, with Springers, fishtails, originally a sportster tank, but now a Mustang tank and the second frame after he broke the first (1980s chop frame) a wishbone. He rides that all over the country, far more than the Twinkie, but, if he wants to go more than a couple of hundred miles, he tends to use the Twinkie, he is nearly 65.

He is building another Shovel based bike now, with suspension on the back for when he gets old.

Personally I prefer Triumph twins, preferably Meriden models or Jap inline 4s, Divi the Trike is getting fixed and when she is done, I will get my 1959 slightly customised Triumph fixed, (crack across the gearbox).
Mar 27, 2019, 01:23 PM
Quote:

No, I'm talking about the guy who bought the Harley. What was he thinking???
Mar 27, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Oh, come on. Are you telling me you never stood on the side of the expressway when out with your buddies and threw rocks at passing Harleys? It's funny as hell when they pull over a couple hundred yards down the road and realize they can't turn it around and sure as hell can't walk back to where you are without wheezing and turning beet red and making a jingling sound with all their chains and doodads and tassels flapping around with each step.

Quick Reply