Apr 11, 2019, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Goodies...goodies everywhere...everyday is like Christmas with Santa on the way...
Apr 11, 2019, 09:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
Not talking about vibration. I'm talking about low rom, high load running. It's a function of the space between power pulses in the firing order. All V-twins experience this, as do crossplane engines.
Yea, well...ya'll get the talking part done..that's fur sure... ..
Apr 11, 2019, 10:52 AM
The QuadFather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
I think we should both take the high road and apologize to the other and say something nice about them and wish we could be more like them.

You first.
Go right ahead of me, You know.... women and children first
May 09, 2019, 11:30 AM
foamie re-cycler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
I present the Bionic Marshmallow. Or Born to be Mild. At least it matches the dog.

Installed new battery last week. 7 years out of the old one. Cruise control was intermittent and fixed that yesterday. Entertaining getting Historical Vehicle plates for it but with my luck I'll get busted.
I don't really care what anyone calls mine,it's fun to ride gets 70 mpg and is quiet without mods....and at 400 lbs is much easier to load on it's carrier on the back of my RV than any big bike.
May 09, 2019, 12:06 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
I don't really care what anyone calls mine,it's fun to ride gets 70 mpg and is quiet without mods....and at 400 lbs is much easier to load on it's carrier on the back of my RV than any big bike.
Enjoy it.
May 09, 2019, 05:37 PM
Eye of The Storm
Quote:
You have a good setup. It beats lugging a car on the back.
May 09, 2019, 06:19 PM
I’d rock a scooter as a commuter or maybe even for touring on a larger one. I ripped around San Fran a few years ago on a borrowed 300cc four stroke Vespa and that thing was damned fast.

If I ever owned one, i’d Absolutely have to switch the brake levers around to the proper sides.... every time i’d come to a stop, I kept grabbing a big handful of front brake trying to pull the clutch in!
May 22, 2019, 11:47 PM
foamie re-cycler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
That hurts my eyes. Looks like a platypus on wheels.
Well don't look at it then.
May 23, 2019, 07:11 AM
Haven't been on a bike since 2004 with my "beginner" Nighthawk CB550SC. Monday went to a dealer to look at used. Lots of Vulcan 900's, I went there to look at the Vulcan 1600. I sat on it and it felt like a beast. Much larger than I expected and very heavy and all top heavy. Across the room was a Vulcan 1500. Night and day difference. I was thinking the 1600 was just the 1500 replacement, but reading it seems there's some design differences with the rake, lengthening of the frame, and other stuff.

Got to sit on a decent selection. VTX in both 1300 and 1800, the 1500 and 1600, a Suzuki C50 900cc and about 5 Vulcan 900. Also had a couple V-stars and some others. I haven't found a dealer that lets you ride one because of insurance and liability issues here in PA.

I am in the hunt. Coworker just put his Boulevard 1500 up for sale on Craigslist. Going to check it out this weekend and actually be able to ride it. I think I'll like the lower center of gravity and the price is right as well as I've known him for 20+ years and know what he's done with this bike that he's had for 10 years now.

I hope very soon to be back on 2 wheels. It's been a long time. I missed this thread somehow.
May 23, 2019, 07:18 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Quote:
Well don't look at it then.
It's fine, I'm just trying to get your price down.
May 23, 2019, 07:25 AM
mrogers,

The first thing is to make sure you buy a bike with easily removable mufflers and exhausts so they can be unbolted and gutted in order to sound like a Harley.

Then turn the idle speed down so low that the upper engine is starved for oil from lack of sufficient rpm. The important thing is to go for that 'loping' Harley sound.

Learn the "Harley wave".

Finally, never sit at a redlight without blipping the throttle at least a dozen times. If you are alone at the intersection, you can skip this.
May 23, 2019, 08:13 AM
The QuadFather
Children...
May 23, 2019, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
mrogers,

The first thing is to make sure you buy a bike with easily removable mufflers and exhausts so they can be unbolted and gutted in order to sound like a Harley.

Then turn the idle speed down so low that the upper engine is starved for oil from lack of sufficient rpm. The important thing is to go for that 'loping' Harley sound.

Learn the "Harley wave".

Finally, never sit at a redlight without blipping the throttle at least a dozen times. If you are alone at the intersection, you can skip this.
Yup, LOL. First thing I will probably do is if the owner has the original pipes, put them back on. The people with loud bikes are, well, can't say in this forum. I wouldn't have appreciated getting woken up at 5 am if I wasn't already up for half an hour.

South Park had it exactly right in the motorcycle episode.
May 23, 2019, 09:12 AM
Wingman
After LOLing through this thread, I just want to wish Yort all the best. Its not about what someone else likes or not. As long as He likes it and is comfortable riding it, its the right bike IMO!!

People can knock the EVO all they like, but its a good design and its kinda nice to see the oil stay inside a Harley engine for a change. And as for the guy in the video slamming the Harley around like a sport bike, It looked to me like If he had drag pipes on that bike it wouldn't have dragged the baffle and lifted the rear tire. His luck and skill saved him some road rash, but it could have easily gotten away from him.
May 23, 2019, 09:12 AM
Thread OP
I got this Harley looking and running right fellas..I'm waiting for one more piece then I will post up pics..

Quick Reply