Mar 25, 2019, 10:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

HD Road King

Well..i couldn't bring myself to drop twenty plus thousand on two wheel new and more thousands getting it the way i want it so i bought this "ready made " thats closer to my liking for thousands less..all i'm going to add is 14"ape hangers and some Bassani power curve dual headers and a few more bolt ons..the exhaust that is on it is way to damn loud for my liking..i like loud but not that damn loud. ..i felt like an ass riding it around his neighborhood..THAT loud..she has the 103 mota and gets out really nice..pick her up Wednesday. ..Happy Happy Happy..
Mar 25, 2019, 11:16 PM
Eye of The Storm
Looks great and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm about ready to get my Warrior out and take her for a spin. All she needs is installing the battery and an oil change. Just waiting for the weather to warm up just a bit.
Mar 25, 2019, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
Well..i couldn't bring myself to drop twenty plus thousand on two wheel new and more thousands getting it the way i want it so i bought this "ready made " thats closer to my liking for thousands less..all i'm going to add is 14"ape hangers and some Bassani power curve dual headers and a few more bolt ons..the exhaust that is on it is way to damn loud for my liking..i like loud but not that damn loud. ..i felt like an ass riding it around his neighborhood..THAT loud..she has the 103 mota and gets out really nice..pick her up Wednesday. ..Happy Happy Happy..
Congratulations and enjoy!! Looks like a nice touring machine. I just took delivery on this last week.
Mar 25, 2019, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo
Congratulations and enjoy!! Looks like a nice touring machine. I just took delivery on this last week.
What size bike is that? Is that what the Ducati sport bikes look like now? I remember them from back in the day..late 80's, early 90's when I had this exact bike here...
Mar 26, 2019, 01:28 AM
Quote:
YIKES!!!! .Have you figured out where the fuel pump is yet?..... Make sure you buy all the "Ride to Live, Live to Ride" gold plated crap. Oh and put those braided lever covers on with the streamers.....

Mercy.....

When you change your handlebars, buy a "Fly by Wire" throttle grip sensor because that new computer driven crap doesn't use a throttle cable. When you install the new exhaust just tow it someplace that can remap the fuel injection....
Last edited by Broken Wings; Mar 26, 2019 at 01:51 AM.
Mar 26, 2019, 03:46 AM
4 wheels move a body; 2 a soul
Nice looking bike, enjoy! Like the color, I usually try to get my bikes in black as well.
Mar 26, 2019, 05:57 AM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker

If yours is the Road King, mine must be the Court Jester

I present the Bionic Marshmallow. Or Born to be Mild. At least it matches the dog.

Installed new battery last week. 7 years out of the old one. Cruise control was intermittent and fixed that yesterday. Entertaining getting Historical Vehicle plates for it but with my luck I'll get busted.
Mar 26, 2019, 06:25 AM
Eye of The Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S
I present the Bionic Marshmallow. Or Born to be Mild. At least it matches the dog.

Installed new battery last week. 7 years out of the old one. Cruise control was intermittent and fixed that yesterday. Entertaining getting Historical Vehicle plates for it but with my luck I'll get busted.
Your dog and I need to go on a diet.
Mar 26, 2019, 06:31 AM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahBenHur
Your dog and I need to go on a diet.
That makes three of us.
Mar 26, 2019, 06:33 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Quote:
Looks sharp. That body style is really popular right now. At least where I am. My brother-in-law is trying to sell his Fat Boy and is having a hard finding any takers.
Mar 26, 2019, 06:53 AM
The QuadFather
Go dark side, you’ll never look back!
Mar 26, 2019, 09:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
YIKES!!!! .Have you figured out where the fuel pump is yet?..... Make sure you buy all the "Ride to Live, Live to Ride" gold plated crap. Oh and put those braided lever covers on with the streamers.....

Mercy.....

When you change your handlebars, buy a "Fly by Wire" throttle grip sensor because that new computer driven crap doesn't use a throttle cable. When you install the new exhaust just tow it someplace that can remap the fuel injection....
Mapping isn't a problem for me as you can see bellow..sorry you had problems there. Think i'll pass on the streamers....its getting a Thundermax when i get the pipes..
Mar 26, 2019, 09:17 AM
Quote:
What size bike is that? Is that what the Ducati sport bikes look like now? I remember them from back in the day..late 80's, early 90's when I had this exact bike here...
It's 937cc. It's a rare bike, of sorts. In Europe it is reffered to has the "Supermoto" class. It's a dirt bike of sorts that has lots of suspension travel, but rides like a street bike. 114hp and 400lbs.

Ducait makes full on Superbikes as well. Google "Panigale V4". Mine is a Vtwin, but Ducati started making V4's to compete in the world superbike races.

Lots of high tech stuff on them now. Up/down quickshifter, ABS, Traction control, blue tooth map integrated to dash.
Mar 26, 2019, 09:34 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Supermoto, dirt bike with road tires.
Useful if you live where I do and have to travel down lumpy fen roads.
Mar 26, 2019, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
Looks sharp. That body style is really popular right now. At least where I am. My brother-in-law is trying to sell his Fat Boy and is having a hard finding any takers.
Thanks...yea..love that look...lowered one inch in the back , 21" wheel ...sweet..i'd post a video of our Saturday adventure on my buddies bikes but it would get dinged...i met Carmen Electra fellas..yes i did...lol

Quick Reply