RCGroups Place of the Month - Eli Field

This month's featured Place is Eli Field in Monticello, IL. Eli Field's full featured airstrip, pilot stations and hangar are perfect for model aircraft of all shapes and sizes.

Splash

RCGroups March Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Eli Field in Monticello, IL. Eli Field's full featured airstrip, pilot stations and hangar are perfect for model aircraft of all shapes and sizes. Our club members are knowledgeable and are always willing to assist a fellow pilot in creating a positive experience in the RC hobby. The Monticello Model Masters welcome all pilots from first time flyers to seasoned vets, to join the club and share their passion for model aviation. Come here to fly, drive or just watch an incredible RC airshow.

Check out the Eli Field Places Page

Mar 25, 2019, 08:40 AM
I live in the Indianapolis area and my son is a Freshman at Millikin University in Decatur, IL. I've passed this field several times on my way to Decatur. I need to stop by in the future!
Mar 25, 2019, 10:41 AM
Stop by during the Horizon RC Fest in June if you just want to see the place bustling. If you want to fly, check out the events page on there website.

https://www.elifield.com/events-1
Mar 29, 2019, 12:55 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
My son has no idea how lucky he is to have this field 10 minutes from our house

We love Eli, what a fantastic flying field!

6 year old Zephyr having fun with his RC Corsair (4 min 31 sec)
Mar 30, 2019, 12:59 AM
I also attended Horizon's R/C Fest last year. Eli Field is indeed a great facility!

Don
Apr 06, 2019, 05:11 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
Successful test flight today at Eli! Yay!!!
Herr P-51 Mustang first flight. Powered by a Norvel .074 (0 min 43 sec)

Quick Reply