Jan 25, 2005, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Alert

Philip Avonds F-15 deal complete!!

Alright, what is your opinion on this one. It a Philip Avond F-15, flight ready 12 servo's (don't ask me which), elecric? start HP Mercury Turbine (AMT??). Complete auto startsystem en transporting bags.. Asking price 5000 (USD = 6.526.50$). Is this a good deal?, what about the engine? I'm a rookie on theoratical jet knowledge (models that is) but I heard it's a good machine to fly...
Should i buy or not.. Is this a fair price? Anyone? Please show me your PA F-15's colors

Regards-
Last edited by Flip01; Jan 25, 2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: I can buy this one...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2005, 07:22 AM
Thread OP
Darn! How do i get the picture up here???

Regards-
Jan 25, 2005, 07:43 AM
Thread OP
Ok..found it..
Jan 25, 2005, 12:48 PM

F15

Well price is relative when it comes to RTF jets and a model is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay....

The combo of Avonds F-15/AMT Merc = One very good flying model of that there is no doubt! For me personally... what would determine true $ value of any jet combo deal like this would be brand of all the accessories ie servos, retracts, wheels, fuel system and the overall quality of the model finish also and how old it is? has it been repaired ever? do any parts need replacing ie tires, pipe, batteries or servos and how many hours on the Merc? does it need servicing? If it is really RTF as is and requires no additional $ outlay and is in as new condition the asking price is quite fair IMHO based on the single pic. you have shown.....

Obviously if I could not view model in person prior to buying I would be asking to see a lot of photos ie internal photos of engine bay and radio compartment, cockpit, tail end/pipe, underside of model ie gear, gear doors and fittings and any possible minor hanger rash....

As a comparison, I purchased a 2nd hand Avonds F15 a while ago for $3000 it was brand new and professionally built upto primer stage of finish, it had fully rigged functioning doors all round superscale JHH gear struts and wheels and retracts.... but no turbine! or turbine systems installed at all. I was very happy with this deal at that! Now if I now add price of a new turbine, pipe, fuel system, digital servos, paint and finishing materials, scale pilot and cockpit and various other accessories I would be close to your F15 in $ value.....

hope this helps
Last edited by Marty C.; Jan 25, 2005 at 01:36 PM.
Jan 27, 2005, 04:13 AM
Thread OP
Marty,

Called the guy, was already sold for 4500 ..

But thanks for your info, comes in handy in the near future..

Regards-
Jan 27, 2005, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip01
Marty,

Called the guy, was already sold for 4500 ..

But thanks for your info, comes in handy in the near future..

Regards-
Bummer You gotta be quick to grab the really nice models if they are fairly priced... seems like this one was a good deal eh! are you looking for an F-15 specifically?
Jan 28, 2005, 01:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C.
Bummer You gotta be quick to grab the really nice models if they are fairly priced... seems like this one was a good deal eh! are you looking for an F-15 specifically?
Yeah, so it seems. There will be more...!!!

The F-15? Not specificaly, but it has me in her grips firmly, if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply