This thread is privately moderated by BDOG1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 23, 2019, 06:18 PM
Held by Grace
Thread OP
Discussion

The next Day

Order has been restored to the universe {at least in my hanger}

The day started with a inch or two of snow and temps around 25 but with bright sunshine and wind still 20 mph gusting to 30 .
I waited for the sun to raise the temps and melt the snow,they predicted 30's by early afternoon.

So out I went with my trusty glider retrieval system { old collapsible pool net handle ,a section from my roof snow rake ,a old coat hanger and of course duct tape }...".Remember guy's if you cannot be handsome you might as well be handy".....
might as well bring the Swift back out as well since I am going to walk back up the hill anyway.

I wondered if the wind might have blown it down but there she was where I "left her" still in the top of the tree on the back side no worse from the wear of a stormy night in the elements .
I taped the sections of handle together and the coat hanger as a hook at the top ,maneuvered it thru the brush and tree limbs and with a little shake and tug on the limbs down she came ,right into my hands .
I was tempted to try to fly her again but decided not to push my luck {when i got home I plunged the battery back in and everything is working fine }
Once back up on top of the hill {after a bit of a rest } I flew the Swift for around a hour,packed up and headed back down the hill and home.
A Good day !

BTW - I remembered that last year the wind following a Noreaster behaved the same way,
first day great wind but also snow/rain or mix
Next day great wind Sunshine and dry -
Keep them in the air Boy's !
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2019, 06:21 PM
Held by Grace
Thread OP
lost these some how when I posted

Quick Reply