Mar 23, 2019, 10:10 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Discussion

GepRC CL7 Crocodile - a 7" 6S Cruiser - Owners Thread

Halloa peoples

first of all: I was surpriced GepRC released this quad.. This must be a niche within a niche (within a niche).. But great to see them be this bold
I have flown the quad 4 times by now and it feels like an endurance cruiser..
Other quads Might (might!) be faster, but not for long.. I have not flown a quad before that can sustain high speeds for as long as this GepRC can

Link to this quad: GepRC CL7 Crocodile PRO-version

I will obviously do more then one video on this quad, but to give you an idea.. Here is my LOS maiden of it
Obviously I welcome anyone to post their own video's / experiences / questions..

GepRC CL7 Crocodile - LOS Maiden.. aka Beast Mode :P (10 min 45 sec)

Specifications:
wheelbase: 315mm
base thickness: 5mm
material(s): Carbon fiber, allu standoffs, TPU prints
flight controller: GepRC Span-tower PRO
ESC's: 50A all-in-one BLheli32 DShot600
motors: 2306 1600Kv
propellors: DalProp Cyclone 7056C x3 (1 spare set)
FPV camera: Runcam micro Swift or Runcam Split 2S
VTX: 25-800mW 5.8Ghz
Lipo: Hyperion 2400mah 6S G8 HvLi (not included)
OSD: yes, Betaflight
smart Audio: yes
buzzer: yes
LED's: nope
spare props: Yes. 1 spare set
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2019, 10:22 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Sooooooo! 
Second video on this monstrosity   My first FPV flight with it in this case.. Quite impressive to fly a big fast quad like this FPV  

GepRC CL7 Crocodile - FPV Maiden + Equipment used :) (10 min 38 sec)
May 25, 2019, 09:38 PM
I just got this and my amp draw at idle is bouncing from 6 to 18 back and forth. Never had this problem before any ideas?
May 26, 2019, 11:12 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
That is indeed Very high.. On mine it is less then 1 Amp..
Lower the idle RPM? I would allso ask GepRC about it....
Jun 13, 2019, 02:05 PM
I've ordered one of these and I'm thinking about LIPOs. Per dronecamprc on youtube, he is recommending going with higher mAh batteries than specified by GEPRC, 5000mAh 6s or 4s.

The length of these cells varies between 145-150mm long. I saw a random comment from someone who thought that was too long. I see the hyperion cells Dutch is using measure about 110mm long.

Can anyone confirm if a 145mm-150mm battery would fit on this thing with a go pro up front?
Jun 13, 2019, 02:06 PM
Oops double post, trying to figure out how to delete.
Jun 14, 2019, 03:47 PM
My friend has the split mini version, and the split shut down on the goggles several times. We got rid of the runcam split and no problems anymore... quad is flying super smooth, fast and responsive!

It is an awesome quad!
For small money you get a fantastic stack (I have the Stable Pro in 5 quads now from 4S to 6S performing flawless, reliable and easy to tune) with smooth and durable motors and a very nice frame!
Highly recommend, will get mine soon

Get decent 6S lipos and this thing will rip!
Jun 14, 2019, 08:23 PM
I have been flying with a 4s 5000 and it fly's 15 minutes, very nice and smooth. Only thing that is a neg would be no smart-audio.
Jun 15, 2019, 01:35 AM
It for sure has smart audio, but it was not on tramp protocol setting in betaflight out of the box.
Jun 15, 2019, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_I
It for sure has smart audio, but it was not on tramp protocol setting in betaflight out of the box.
ok I'll look into this for sure!
Jun 17, 2019, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyydna
I've ordered one of these and I'm thinking about LIPOs. Per dronecamprc on youtube, he is recommending going with higher mAh batteries than specified by GEPRC, 5000mAh 6s or 4s.

The length of these cells varies between 145-150mm long. I saw a random comment from someone who thought that was too long. I see the hyperion cells Dutch is using measure about 110mm long.

Can anyone confirm if a 145mm-150mm battery would fit on this thing with a go pro up front?
Here is pro version with HRB 4200 4S (135*42*34 mm, 410gг). It gave me 18+minutes of hovering and slow cruising during first flight, so I probably will stick to it. Battery can be moved almost 20 mm backward, so length is not a big problem. Heigth may be the issue since adapter is significantly tilted.

In any case there are modified adapters available for printing, like this one
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3576888
Jun 17, 2019, 03:25 AM
Mine came with wrong VTX adapter connector (RP SMA female, pagoda antenna in the box is SMA male) and RSSI displayed on OSD is 45% on pre-installed XM+receiver which is definitely wrong.
Packaging is great - my box was kicked and squished so hard that prop shafts left holes in the top cardboard flap but foam insert saved quad and other contents from any damage.
Flies well during firs test. No Runcam blackouts.
Jun 17, 2019, 10:52 AM
Thanks for info on room for batteries.

We're a bit limited on selection here in Canada, no vendors are willing to ship across the border, so we're stuck with what's in stock in the few Canadian retailers.

I ended up going with some GNB 2200mAh 6s 120c lipos ordered from Rotorvillage. 385g and 110mm long, I think they should work well.

The price was right at $67CAD, I could get 2 of them for the price of a larger 4s or 6s, at least among the selection here in Canada.

I did notice thought that banggood now has a shipping option available for lipo batteries to Canada, but I was not brave enough to spend money to test if it was real or a mistake.
Jun 18, 2019, 01:36 AM
Bangood is quite innovative in shipping, I am tracking my batteries shipment now, hope to get them in two weeks. Anyway their reimbursement policy worked well so far for me, much better than Aliexpress. (especially if you use Payapal)

Of course it is wise to support your local hobby store.

Concerning camera adapter: it is tilted back quite aggressively, Albert Kim and other reviewers actually tilted it forward for cruising flights so you will be good.
And I looked mine over and discovered scratch on bottom plate -probably from small stone- which was to close to camera board for my liking. So printed and double-taped simple protector plates under ESC and camera board. Guess that Crocodile needs legs, included foam pads are not enough.
Jun 24, 2019, 02:37 AM
Is the only way to get this thing in Europe to order it from Asia? I am acutely allergic to Customs hassles, month long waits, shipping uncertainty, and VAT added costs...

I would like something big and powerful like this for LOS. But I'd really prefer to be able to use lipos I already have for planes, which are mostly 4S and 5S, and smaller mah(1800-2200).. Hmm..

Quick Reply