. . .

. . . . . . . .

<

<

<

<
. . .

??????
so many characters used. yet so very little to say.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
So how are you liking your new closed Jumper?
I'm still getting used to it. It's way bigger than the Flysky i6 transmitter I used to fly my drones before. One switch, for example, I'm trying to get the correct position, FOR ME!!!, is the flight mode switch. I have to be able to switch between 'Angle' and the acro mode without hesitation but I can't find the right switch to do it so far. Just a matter of getting used to so I hope I'll get it soon.

As for batteries. I made a setup similar to the one that Bob_AZ is selling and I get long enough flight times on them that I don't have to charge every day.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:28 PM
And this, is the fancy sound thats make sails with avan 2.5x1.9x3 props!!!

No more vibrations and no more props out!

Make your sailfly-X so quiet - Avan 2.5x1.9x3 Props - 3S 300 mah HV lipo (4 min 15 sec)
Sep 23, 2019, 01:20 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot
I'm still getting used to it. It's way bigger than the Flysky i6 transmitter I used to fly my drones before. One switch, for example, I'm trying to get the correct position, FOR ME!!!, is the flight mode switch. I have to be able to switch between 'Angle' and the acro mode without hesitation but I can't find the right switch to do it so far. Just a matter of getting used to so I hope I'll get it soon.

As for batteries. I made a setup similar to the one that Bob_AZ is selling and I get long enough flight times on them that I don't have to charge every day.
Your new one must be different, when I was looking to buy mine, one of the things I read a number of times was people saying it wasn't even a "full size" radio. My couple Hubsans with the built in video screens are bigger, and even the one that came with my $26 H109 brushless cement block w/o a screen is bigger.

I use the top left 2 way switch to arm/dis, and the top right for a buzzer, if the quad has one. Don't remember why I started with it, but use the "B" 3 way, inside left for modes, Angle, AcroTrainer, Air. I'll take off in Angle, and once I'm up, switch it again. Guess I've just got use to it.

I've had it over a year, and am very pleased with how it's worked. It was definitely worth the money, and it's great just bringing one radio for all the quads I want to fly. I set all the models to the max 150mW output. From what I've read, I get as good of range on my quads, AIOs and separates, as people with the Frsky's, Flysky's do. It was really easy to get use to, and I hope yours is as good to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josaco
And this, is the fancy sound thats make sails with avan 2.5x1.9x3 props!!!

No more vibrations and no more props out!
Except for my Primo, any quad I had that came with bi-blades, I switched to 3, 4 and even 5 blade props . . .

but . . .

I've read numerous times the Flying Dentist said the mystical magical power of the Toothpick comes from the 65mm bi-blade props. He does put a lot of time, effort and research into his projects, and even had 65mm props made to his specs for his Kababpick. I got a set of the Pyros for my Primo, and it does fly good, fast and great flight times, with the same HM setup as the Sailfly.

I've seen a lot of people lately, and even BNF brands coming out using at least tri-blade props instead of the bi-blades.

There's a video from AndyRC where he did a speed test with a KK 200GT and a Diatone 5" Ultra Light using bi-blades and tri-blades. The bi-blades out performed the 3 blade props in top speed and flight times even on those much bigger and heavier (although light weight for their class) quads.

Is the problem really with the bi-blade props, or the factory ultra-light Pick wannabees just aren't set up right to take advantage of them?

Nice vid btw . . . you're rollin, flippin and zippin that little thing around pretty good !!
Last edited by Brian_OH; Sep 23, 2019 at 01:30 AM.
Sep 23, 2019, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Your new one must be different, when I was looking to buy mine, one of the things I read a number of times was people saying it wasn't even a "full size" radio. My couple Hubsans with the built in video screens are bigger, and even the one that came with my $26 H109 brushless cement block w/o a screen is bigger.

I use the top left 2 way switch to arm/dis, and the top right for a buzzer, if the quad has one. Don't remember why I started with it, but use the "B" 3 way, inside left for modes, Angle, AcroTrainer, Air. I'll take off in Angle, and once I'm up, switch it again. Guess I've just got use to it.

I've had it over a year, and am very pleased with how it's worked. It was definitely worth the money, and it's great just bringing one radio for all the quads I want to fly. I set all the models to the max 150mW output. From what I've read, I get as good of range on my quads, AIOs and separates, as people with the Frsky's, Flysky's do. It was really easy to get use to, and I hope yours is as good to you.

Except for my Primo, any quad I had that came with bi-blades, I switched to 3, 4 and even 5 blade props . . .

but . . .

I've read numerous times the Flying Dentist said the mystical magical power of the Toothpick comes from the 65mm bi-blade props. He does put a lot of time, effort and research into his projects, and even had 65mm props made to his specs for his Kababpick. I got a set of the Pyros for my Primo, and it does fly good, fast and great flight times, with the same HM setup as the Sailfly.

I've seen a lot of people lately, and even BNF brands coming out with at least tri-blade props instead of the bi-blades.

I remember a video from AndyRC where he did a speed test with a KK 200GT and a Diatone 5" Ultra Light using bi-blades and tri-blades. The bi-blades out performed the 3 blade props in top speed and flight times even on those much bigger and heavier (although light weight for their class) quads.

Is the problem really with the bi-blade props, or the factory ultra-light Pick wannabees just aren't set up right to take advantage of them?

Nice vid btw . . . you're rollin, flippin and zippin that little thing around pretty good !!

Yes mate, u are right. Flytime and top speed are affected when u swap to triblades. But, u can fly this little rocket without needed of set limit throttle, because no more vibration when reach 70% or more throttle, and u gain more stability and can do better freestyle with the sail.

Anyway, perhaps main reason, is that u may loose the 2blade factory props even in a simple punch and this is not good for me. May be ill try later another 2 blade props with screw holes and less flexible material.

Ill hope that u got funny with this cheap and great quad like me :

Sailfly vs windy day - Can beat the strong wind? - :D :D (3 min 3 sec)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Sep 23, 2019, 02:14 AM
Another nice flight.

To be honest, I could probably hit most all those trees you kept missing . . . . ₿ↄ}

I looked back at your other vid too, but didn't see you were flying it on a 3S before, and not a 2S. From earlier, I've read about a lot of people frying the older version v2.1 Crazybees, even with the capacitor running on 3S. The Larva, (next gen Sailfly) has the new v3 Crazybee with the 10a ESCs, and haven't heard about those frying at all. I got a v3 and put it on an 85 Whoop with 1103/11kv Skystars running 2" 3 blade Avan Blurs, but even that just on 2S.

3S on the Sailfly is pushing 100k rpms, and that's probably way too high for the bi-blades to handle. I have the HM 1102/9kvs on my Primo with the bi-blades, but just run that on 2S too. Do your motors still come down reasonably cool to the touch after your 3S flights? The 1102s seem to have plenty of power, but with an extra blade and the 3S was curious if it strained them at all . . .
Sep 23, 2019, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Another nice flight.

To be honest, I could probably hit most all those trees you kept missing . . . . ₿ↄ}

I looked back at your other vid too, but didn't see you were flying it on a 3S before, and not a 2S. From earlier, I've read about a lot of people frying the older version v2.1 Crazybees, even with the capacitor running on 3S. The Larva, (next gen Sailfly) has the new v3 Crazybee with the 10a ESCs, and haven't heard about those frying at all. I got a v3 and put it on an 85 Whoop with 1103/11kv Skystars running 2" 3 blade Avan Blurs, but even that just on 2S.

3S on the Sailfly is pushing 100k rpms, and that's probably way too high for the bi-blades to handle. I have the HM 1102/9kvs on my Primo with the bi-blades, but just run that on 2S too. Do your motors still come down reasonably cool to the touch after your 3S flights? The 1102s seem to have plenty of power, but with an extra blade and the 3S was curious if it strained them at all . . .

Yep, only fly on 3S, but i think that is more luck thing get a good crazybee board...

That is the second sailfly. The first, finished with one esc burned. That has got BF 4.0.2 with happymodel latest diff settings and hitting a branch, ended in esc burned.

Now, im flying on stock 4.0 BF on 3S, hitting the floor many times and everything is ok for now. Crossed fingers

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Sep 23, 2019, 07:52 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Has anyone upgraded one of these yet with a crazybee f4 3.0 board?
Sep 23, 2019, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Has anyone upgraded one of these yet with a crazybee f4 3.0 board?
I got a v3 to use on an 85 Whoop, but also ordered a v2.1 since I just use 2S batts on it, and that has the plugin on the board for my vTx. When that board comes in, I'm going to switch the v3 over to my Primo with the HM 1102/9kvs that I just run on 2S too. The v3 went back to the solder pads instead of the plug for the vTx, and the plug on the v2.1 won't let the board lay flat on the Primo gel mounting pad on the frame.

I've just been running 2S batts on the v3 with Skystars 1103/11kvs and 2" Avan Blurs on my Whoop. I get a bunch of power from them, instant punch, Toothpicky flight times and the motors come home barely warm. I can't say it's just the board, probably just the right combination, but it's definitely the best flying quad I have. It just has a really great feel to it every time I power it up.

I thought you got one pretty early, and a ??Cinecan?? that came with one . . . what do you think of them now that you've had them for a bit ??
Sep 23, 2019, 01:27 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
I thought you got one pretty early, and a ??Cinecan?? that came with one . . . what do you think of them now that you've had them for a bit ??
That's right. I actually did and I was happy with it. No issues. I actually gifted my cinecan to someone and in total I put about 35 flights on it total or so before I sent it away. Soldered in an R-XSR which was loads of fun in that bit of mess but got it all done and kept smartaudio too. What a range boost that was for it. I was just wondering if anyone else had made the jump since I'm getting ready to finally fix my sailfly with the eachine red devil frame and a new board. I already bought so many 3s 300mah batteries initially during a sale that I intend to stick with 3s.
Sep 23, 2019, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
That's right. I actually did and I was happy with it. No issues. I actually gifted my cinecan to someone and in total I put about 35 flights on it total or so before I sent it away. Soldered in an R-XSR which was loads of fun in that bit of mess but got it all done and kept smartaudio too. What a range boost that was for it. I was just wondering if anyone else had made the jump since I'm getting ready to finally fix my sailfly with the eachine red devil frame and a new board. I already bought so many 3s 300mah batteries initially during a sale that I intend to stick with 3s.
Have you checked out the Primo frame kits? They have versions for both the standard 4 hole motors and the HM 3 holes. The frame is strong, and their kit and the way it sets up is great, super easy, and you get a great looking Pick. Everything you need to put it together already comes in the kit, except an adapter for the HM or ▲ vTx, and that's only 75, if you want to use one of those.

Gnarly was out of the 080x version (HM motors) but Heli-nation has them in stock. Gnarly does have the vTx adapters though. They also came out with a 3" version of the Primo if a little bigger works too.

All the other Crazybee F3 & F4 boards will work on their frames except the v2.1 with the vTx plug. That will work if you take the plug off, and just solder the wires on to it instead . . . something I'd never try. I could save time and just throw that board away from the start instead . . .

I really like my Primo playing outside with it. Using the Pyro 65mm bi-blades, it's noticeably faster than my 85 Whoops, handles really well, and gets awesome flight times. Even with a dozen full speed runs, and racing around the whole flight, I've been getting pushing 7 minutes to almost 8 on 520 2S batts. Got caught by a few wire quad traps and a couple branches reached out to grab it, but I've just tumbled in the grass and barely bent a prop. HM 1102s didn't rip outta their screws, and no frame damage at all.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Sep 23, 2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply