Apr 26, 2019, 10:17 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
Motors 1102-9000Kv for him because 10000Kv burnt ESC with 3S battery stock, I see on Facebook.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONCLEFLY
Yes better the Caddx EOS2 and vtx 200mW
Agreed, I know not everyone likes the eos2 but I'm fine it ok as long as vibrations are eliminated, the red colour isn't too troublesome in the live feed.
Latest blog entry: Eachine twig 115
Apr 26, 2019, 01:19 PM
Tomorow I aske that to happymodel !

Me I has buy a Caddx EOS2 and Eachine VTX03S for him.
Apr 26, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Or maybe this crappy uk weather is getting to me haha, wind and rain and not much flying makes me cranky!!!
I know that feeling, wind and rain aplenty here too, and I have a repaired quad waiting for some testing
May 04, 2019, 01:21 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
I think he had an agreement with happymodel that they let him down on. Full speed on the other hand let him know they were developing their own. . . Full Speed - Toothpick . . .
KababFPV . . . He's pretty filthy with happymodel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
Oh, he never explicitly said that, I watch his vids.. thats pretty greasy of Happymodel.
From his vid, 1S - Hyperlite motor confusion? he answered someone's question about reviewing the Sailfly . . .

KababFPV, "I would but they decided to lie directly to my face, rip off the build style, piggy back off my marketing/hype, tell people it was their idea to build something like this from the get go, then omit me as a reviewer. I'll be getting it when banggood gets it in stock..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
So, are they actually going with the Gemfan 65mm props for this or, are they making their own version?

I never was particularly impressed with the Gemfans on the old brushed micros, I much preferred the Kingkong 65mm props. I think the Kingkongs were a blatent copy of the Gemfans but, they actually turned out better, in my opinion.
He also mentioned some 65mm props he was working on that sound like they're almost ready for production in the video too.
May 04, 2019, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Tomorow I aske that to happymodel !

Me I has buy a Caddx EOS2 and Eachine VTX03S for him.
Making the 03s hold below the canopy will be challenging. I have such a setup and moved to the UR65 canopy. Problem is the eos is not well protected now. Else I also eventually ordered a trashcan VTX, as itís easy to install...
May 04, 2019, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Motors 1102-9000Kv for him because 10000Kv burnt ESC with 3S battery stock, I see on Facebook.
Yep KababFPV states 100 returns out of 300 v2 boards and HM does not support. Crazy....!
May 04, 2019, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotttin
Making the 03s hold below the canopy will be challenging. I have such a setup and moved to the UR65 canopy. Problem is the eos is not well protected now. Else I also eventually ordered a trashcan VTX, as itís easy to install...
I print 3D a nother canopy better, after is weel !

Quote:
Yep KababFPV states 100 returns out of 300 v2 boards and HM does not support. Crazy....!
I contact HappyModel, and yes is true.
May 04, 2019, 10:52 AM
Quote:
I print 3D a nother canopy better, after is weel !

I contact HappyModel, and yes is true.
I'm confused. You're angry because HM refused to repair/refund boards damaged by Bob's motors that are pulling more than twice the amp limits?
Not sure I understand where everyone's angst is coming from.
May 04, 2019, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyp
I'm confused. You're angry because HM refused to repair/refund boards damaged by Bob's motors that are pulling more than twice the amp limits?
No I wait HP write to me.
May 04, 2019, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexyp
Did I you really understand it was solely for the toothpick builds? I understood that his shop sold 300 in total (including Mobula7s, trashcans, and single boards)....

Now for sure if you pull more than 6A for 7sec... 😊
May 04, 2019, 01:57 PM
they admitted that 10k in the V1 MobHD was causing the v2.0 FC to fail on 3S. So, the v2 mobHD has 9k motors now, and there's a v2.1 FC but nobody knows if it helps, it only appears to change the power leads to thru wire. The 10 to 9k change/issue is on their site and FB, I dont think it had much to do with the Toothpick exclusively. He aid older boards worked fine, it was just the v2.0. I can't imagine a vendor makes enough on these to absorb a 1/3 failure rate.
May 04, 2019, 03:04 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblekit
Check out my video on the Sailfly-X
Nicely done, as usual. I've watched your review vids for a bit now, and you do a nice job, very informative and an open attitude. This was one of the first I saw on the Sailfly and I appreciate your observations. I barely fly my Mobula on 2S, even outside, and it's still plenty fast. My Gool G90 flies great on 1104 8kv 3S, but probably weighs twice as much. I'm sure 2S would keep me busy and happy through the Summer . . . I also saw a vid with the Toothpick running 1S 520mAh batteries on those 1103 motors and being really fast on just that 1S battery . . . great flight times too . . . You can't even buy the parts for the Sailfly for the price of their complete BNF model, and that has a lot of possibilities too . . . with the ET115 ducts on it would still only weigh a total 50 grams . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
they admitted that 10k in the V1 MobHD was causing the v2.0 FC to fail on 3S. So, the v2 mobHD has 9k motors now, and there's a v2.1 FC but nobody knows if it helps, it only appears to change the power leads to thru wire. The 10 to 9k change/issue is on their site and FB, I dont think it had much to do with the Toothpick exclusively. He aid older boards worked fine, it was just the v2.0. I can't imagine a vendor makes enough on these to absorb a 1/3 failure rate.

There seems to be three versions of the "new" F4 board . . . I was looking for the one that does all three, 1,2, and 3S . . . the other two just show 1 & 2S, or 2 & 3S . . . from Xinte's site . . .

Crazybee F4 Pro V2.0 1-3S Compatible Flight Controller for Mobula7 Mobula 7 HD Internal Frsky/Flysky/DSM2/DSMX Protocol RX
Notes: The biggest differences between Crazybee F4 PRO V1.0 and V2.0 are:
V2.0 could handle 1-3s Lipo/LiHV
V1.0 could handle only 1-2s Lipo/LiHV
V2.0 use bigger bind and boot button , change the BAT/GND pad to “through hole”

Crazybee F4 Pro V2.1 2-3S Compatible Flight Controller for Sailfly-X FPV Racing Drone Frsky/Flysky/DSM2/DSMX Protocol RX

Crazybee F4 PRO Flight Controller 1-2S with XT30 Plug 20AWG Silicone Wire for 2S Brushless Tiny Whoop For Mobula7 Mobula 7 Upgrade Eachine TRASHCAN TC75

Skystars has some 1103 11kv 1, 2, 3S motors that sound ideal and with the V2.0 123S board, Toothpick, and ET115 ducts . . . THAT sounds like an awesome outside Summer Whoop !!
Last edited by Brian_OH; May 04, 2019 at 03:40 PM.
May 04, 2019, 07:47 PM
2nd in command
Quote:
I thought a bit a clarity on this should be brought forward. The attached comment from KaBobFPV (from my YT channel) has those numbers specifically for the Mobula7 HD. Additionally, I wonder if these were the first runs after the changes to include the turtle osd control wiring. This doesn't absolve HappyModel, they did ask buyers to place a bit of foam tape on a spot between the boards. Either way HappyModel should support the reseller.

Through the comments/discussion I have shared with Bob I don't get the feeling he is as salty about this product category as this thread indicates. Maybe he has had some time to cool down and reflect...I dunno.

As for the "agreement" with KaBob and HappyModel, I don't know what happened, and I have not asked. This is not a place my nose belongs. I have 1st hand experience in general business "agreements", if one party needs another party and shares the ideas, specification, etc, the risk of no agreement are great. Especially if the needed party has the resources and expertise. A contract is plain and enforceable, an agreement is not, or at the very least really rough to prove in court, even more difficult internationally. When we had cable I used to watch SharkTank, often the sharks would ask "What keeps me from making your product without you". As nasty as this is, it is common.

2s vs 3s. Either way this category is fun, if you have a stock pile of 2s batteries have fun and fly em. If you have 3s fly em. For me and how I fly and want to fly I enjoy 3s. I get some backlash for searching for more performance on a 2.5inch quad on 4s . I see many of the verses issues as personal preference.

Lastly, I do appreciate my video being posted by humayraykinaon on page 3.
May 04, 2019, 08:16 PM
My experience from the flying my 75mm whoop style quads, it seems to me the Happymodel 1102 10000kv motors on my custom 2s Mobula7 are higher kv ... I think there is a misprint showing lowerKV (my opinion) and could be burning up the boards on the MobulaHD, the heavier weight adds I think to the cause..... these motors do scream louder and higher pitch compared to my trashcan which have about the similar pid settings. of course the trashcan is using 2s 15000kv motors but looks faster through my camera, I think because of the wide angle lens, I can't radar these things either. the crazybee F4 on the custom Mobula7 is the 2.0 with the push through power leads is a plus, in the air feels great almost like this quad is freed up, clean power, with no hiccups, I love it that it comes down cool, motors are even cool that's why I ordered the Sailfly X ...
Last edited by Smoothcruizer3; May 04, 2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply