Aug 20, 2019, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
sure, anything to get an official response from frsky, and I'll keep asking until we get a response. is this better?

andreaHuang: will there be an upgrade path to access for the x12s or will it be left behind?
are you having a tantrum LOL
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 05:46 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Does Apple tell you the features of the next iPhone so you can decide whether to buy the current one now or wait?
Aug 20, 2019, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Does Apple tell you the features of the next iPhone so you can decide whether to buy the current one now or wait?
my thoughts exactly and when does a company decides to ask permission to abandon a certain product, For that matter when did any radio control ask permission to stop producing certain parts
Aug 20, 2019, 06:16 PM
All well and good, guys, but hardly of any comfort to loyal customers, is it?

I have sympathy for FrSky's situation. And in all likelihood, I'll continue with them. But this ACCESS thread really has been a case of "ready, fire, aim," hasn't it?
Aug 20, 2019, 06:40 PM
In the absence of clear communication, interested people are bound to speculate. We have seen that in abundance in this forum since the announcement of the X9D et al in, when was it, 2012 or thereabouts? Most of that speculation has subsequently been proven to be wrong. But that is the nature of it.

FRSKY seems to be concerned that the release of too much information too soon will give it's competitors too much benefit, whereas saying nothing until the last moment will lose, or not gain, customers who might shop elsewhere. It's a balancing act for them that, it seems, some don't appreciate or have sympathy for.

That's not all there is too it of course, no doubt there are uncertainties in software production (I'm sure even Chinese IT projects suffer the same scheduling difficulties as the rest) and other factors that make it undesirable to be saying too much.
Aug 20, 2019, 07:23 PM
Not a tantrum. I would just like a response. My x12s is at the point where I'm probably looking at replacing all of the switches because one of them just failed, and I'm not sure if I should invest that money or move to a new model, or what. It would be nice to have an answer at this point, after all, access was announced over 5 months ago. Surely a company such as frsky has a master plan somewhere for how they will roll out access and is the answer to such a basic question. I'm left wondering if the only reason they have not answered is because the answer is something they feel we will not like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Aug 20, 2019, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
I can assure you there will be a brand new iPhone to replace the current iPhone This year and every single year thereafter. Your example is not really an analogy. Are they replacing the X12S or allowing us to upgrade it because at this point it is a legacy device even though they still sell it.

Aug 20, 2019, 08:43 PM
FrSky-MKT - Forum Sponsor
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
sure, anything to get an official response from frsky, and I'll keep asking until we get a response. is this better?

andreaHuang: will there be an upgrade path to access for the x12s or will it be left behind?
Yes,

The same upgrade RF module as X10/S Express can be applied on X12S to get the full ACCESS functions.

The OS (FrOS&OpenTX) part's work will take some time, and will be released later together with the new PARA wireless training module.

How to use PARA wireless trainer system (2 min 38 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 09:11 PM
Thank you

Aug 20, 2019, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Yes,

The same upgrade RF module as X10/S Express can be applied on X12S to get the full ACCESS functions.

The OS (FrOS&OpenTX) part's work will take some time, and will be released later together with the new PARA wireless training module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Y84UN5Qcw
And what about the thousands of X9D and X9D+ transmitters out there. No Access?
Aug 21, 2019, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Yes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Y84UN5Qcw
This upgrade RF module will have provision for 2 Internal antennas. Would you be providing a schema on how to place them in the X12S case ?
Would there be a kind of kit with support brackets etc, or will it be left to the user to go figure what to do ?
Aug 21, 2019, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andytransonic
This upgrade RF module will have provision for 2 Internal antennas. Would you be providing a schema on how to place them in the X12S case ?
Would there be a kind of kit with support brackets etc, or will it be left to the user to go figure what to do ?
I think you can find a place inside the case to place the second antenna... else other users will provide an example for you You can also have one internal and one external at the same time.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexm
I don't know how you would do that. The RF section of the X9D Plus 2019 ACCESS is integrated into the back board and that board has a single connection to the main board. The main board is new too. You can see pictures in my review https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=54835

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Aug 21, 2019 at 07:01 AM.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:54 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexm
The Express units just feature a new RF module, rear cover & charge circuit. Quite easy to sell the RF module

The X9D+ 2019 is all-new internally, it may or may not be possible to do a backboard swap

At some point FrSky needs to provide a path to ACCESS for X9D(+), X9E, QX7 and X-Lite owners. But the best path may be a module.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:55 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
I don't know how you would do that. The RF section of the X9D Plus 2019 ACCESS is integrated into the back board and that board has a single connection to the main board. The main board is new too. You can see pictures in my review https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=54835

Mike
Looking at that, I'm actually wondering if the new backboard is compatible with the X9D+ mainboard....

May be possible to do a backboard replacement to get ACCESS.

Quick Reply