Aug 19, 2019, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Hello sirs,

Other D16 receivers like X8R, RX8R Pro, G-RX6, G-RX8, S6R, and S8R are still in production, and the new upcoming receivers will be produced base on ACCESS out of the factory.
Andrea, specifically referring to the above statement:
Since FrSky is going forward with ACCESS for all future products and only "supporting" ACCST for now, what is the company's intent for the existing high end FrSky radios (X10/S and X12S) that are already out there?

WILL you be offering a replacement internal board to convert those radios to ACCESS?... or are we expected to buy new radios to replace them?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 09:52 AM
I've seen at least 2 posts from Andrea stating that they will make the new internal module available to those that want to upgrade their X10's to ACCESS. The current replacement ixjt module is less that 30 bucks as a repair part, so it should be an easy and reasonably priced upgrade when the new module is available
Pete
Aug 19, 2019, 09:58 AM
now if we could get a response for the x12s, please. the lack of a response leads me to believe they either have no plan for the x12s or the response will be less than desirable.
Aug 19, 2019, 10:41 AM
And the roller-coaster ride continues.

If you've been following this thread, you've already been up and down several times with FrSky's various plans to provide legacy support (or not) for existing equipment.
Aug 19, 2019, 11:21 AM
in awe of glide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2
I've seen at least 2 posts from Andrea stating that they will make the new internal module available to those that want to upgrade their X10's to ACCESS. The current replacement ixjt module is less that 30 bucks as a repair part, so it should be an easy and reasonably priced upgrade when the new module is available
Pete
Any word on the QX7/QX7s?

It is currently still in production, i know but wondering if it can run ACCESS in the future.
Aug 19, 2019, 09:44 PM
The Sequel
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
And the roller-coaster ride continues.

If you've been following this thread, you've already been up and down several times with FrSky's various plans to provide legacy support (or not) for existing equipment.
Holding n tight, closing my eyes on some of the corners
Aug 20, 2019, 08:48 AM
i'm just going to keep asking the question until frsky answers: what is the plan for the x12s? will there be an upgrade path to access for the x12s or will it be left behind? i like opentx and frsky but a lack of an answer already has me living in radio limbo.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
i'm just going to keep asking the question until frsky answers: what is the plan for the x12s? will there be an upgrade path to access for the x12s or will it be left behind? i like opentx and frsky but a lack of an answer already has me living in radio limbo.
On there website, they have a some transmitters as being discontinued, but the X12 is not one of them so I would think it might be suported for ACCESS, but this is only a speculation on my part
Aug 20, 2019, 09:15 AM
possibly, but there is only one company that can answer the question, and they don't seem to want to answer.

andreaHuang: will there be an upgrade path to access for the x12s or will it be left behind?
Aug 20, 2019, 09:45 AM
I think it would be reasonable for FrSky not to make a commitment until the details of the X10S/X10 upgrade are finalized and see how the users respond to the X10S/X10 ACCESS system upgrade. The upgrade requires changes to FrOS Express for it to work with the upgraded system so it is not a minor effort. Even after FrOS Express is finalized for the X10S/X10 upgrade, more changes would be needed to FrOS Express for it to work with X12S systems.

Mike
Aug 20, 2019, 09:59 AM
i think it would be reasonable for frsky to at least answer my question with a simple yes or no. the details can come out at a later date but knowing if i should purchase a new transmitter (and possibly receivers) would be helpful as it will allow me to determine how i should invest my hobby funds. so, one more time:

andreaHuang: will there be an upgrade path to access for the x12s or will it be left behind?
Aug 20, 2019, 10:29 AM
besides repetition and bold and underline, you could use colored and big characters
Aug 20, 2019, 10:39 AM
sure, anything to get an official response from frsky, and I'll keep asking until we get a response. is this better?

Aug 20, 2019, 10:44 AM
It's FrSky's choice to say or not say whatever they want. Reasonableness isn't a determining factor.

However, their slow dribble of inconsistent and incomplete statements on ACCESS and deprecated products aren't doing them any favours.

Myself, I had been fairly content to put a hold on all FrSky purchases until the dust settled (whenever that might be). Then Andrea's last post, which wasn't exactly conclusive on continued production of D16 receivers added a new wrinkle.

Who knows? Maybe FrSky will go with the nuclear option and deprecate all pre-ACCESS products in the near future. In the absence of a conclusive denial, I count it a possibility.
Aug 20, 2019, 02:44 PM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
They might even ditch OpenTx.

Lots of laughter, with a sour taste.

Quick Reply