Mar 21, 2019, 06:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FrSky ACCESS Protocol (New)

Does anyone know how the eventual upgrade of an X10 series radio to the new FrSky ACCESS Protocol might affect how the radio interacts with the XPS JR module running XPS receivers?

For the X10 radios, it looks like it involves the replacement of the ACCST board with the ACCESS board, and I'm wondering how this can change things regarding XPS equipment.

Nicely described in Post #10858 on this page:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d-X10S/page724
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2019, 09:40 PM
There is some new protocol that they have developed with 24 channels and a faster baud rate. Until that information is released, I won't be able to tell you if a new mode can be made to support it.
Mar 22, 2019, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
There is some new protocol that they have developed with 24 channels and a faster baud rate. Until that information is released, I won't be able to tell you if a new mode can be made to support it.
Right, that's their new "ACCESS" protocal that seems to turn things upside down again.

Not yet released anyway, I would still hold off upgrading until you get a chance to look at it.
Mar 22, 2019, 06:16 PM
Yeah, and their new protocol is probably an even worse mess than the existing stuff.
Apr 25, 2019, 08:02 AM
Thread OP
Alright then. ACCESS is beginning to appear for downloads. Receivers first I guess, then for existing radios. So it will be here very soon.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...tocol-release/

So, if this is downloaded to update an X10S when the time comes, will the XMS JR plug-in module still be functional with XMS receivers?
Any info on that yet?
Apr 25, 2019, 01:48 PM
I need to see what the new protocol is first. I have yet to see a specification.
May 30, 2019, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yeah, and their new protocol is probably an even worse mess than the existing stuff.
Care to explain - "...even worse mess than the existing stuff."
What would be the compelling reasons (value proposition) to move to your modules/receivers?
I understand upgrading older systems to 2.4, but curious as to the value to move from frsky xjt.
May 30, 2019, 01:30 PM
Sure, the protocol is a mess.

We have the most reliable over-air system in the industry. We sell a LOT of JR modules that plug into the Taranis and use the XJT-D16 protocol.
May 30, 2019, 04:14 PM
Thread OP
There seems to be a bit of a kerfluffle going on with the release of ACCESS.

I think for a time, I'll stay with either the XPS receivers I have running off the JR module in my X10S, and also play with the RX8R Pro receivers I bought just for the heckuvit.

The "promise" of ACCESS sounds good, but what I have now is doing just fine. I figure it will be a year or so before I even look at upgrading to ACCESS.

Quick Reply