Mar 21, 2019, 01:02 PM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade Fusion 360 BNF Helicopter

Well it's out now for pre-order. It looks really nice.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-basic-blh5250

Blade® Fusion™ 360 - BNF Basic Collective-Pitch Helicopter (2 min 24 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2019, 07:39 AM
I just maidenend my Blade Fusion 360 and it's awesome. Flew a lot of higher end heli's like Goblin 500, Goblin 380 and Logo's, this thing is just equal to for example a Goblin 500 when I compare flight behavior, based on the maiden flight. More to come as it's quite windy today, this is by far my best Blade helicopter experience so far, next to the Fusion 270 - that needed some tweaking. Fusion 360 is 100% perfect out of the box. Just amazing.
Jun 15, 2019, 06:58 PM
I am glad to hear it works well, with that price tag I could build a few helis that size... not bashing, as I am sure when they start popping up used I will buy one, just not going to pay the new price. I got a lightly used Fusion 270 used and absolutely love it
Jul 11, 2019, 12:42 AM
I'm on the band wagon, sure its a lot, but it works right out of the box.
Jul 11, 2019, 05:59 AM
Mine is a great flyer. I did add 10% expo on A/E with 15% on the tail.
Jul 14, 2019, 01:27 PM
Put 3 more flights on it this morning before it got hot out. Great flyer.
Jul 23, 2019, 07:40 PM
Is there a way to increase the stability of this Heli? It doesn’t feel as stable as my 330x. Has to be a way to increase the pids
Aug 12, 2019, 01:33 PM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Well, my newly delivered one is causing some concern before its even switched on :-

1. On my newly delivered 360 there is a plug floating loose. This comes from the ESC and is a single Orange wire in the signal position, this in addition to the usual Red/White/Black from the ESC in another more usual plugged in connection to throttle..

There is also an unused "spare" socket on the FC, Channel 6.

Did the plug fall out of socket in transport? The only picture I can find online of this close up shows six plugs connected but is not that clear where, and does nto show this "extra" plug and wire. I have six plugs connected without anything in channel 6/this floating plug. What does this extra wire do, and should it be connected?

Can't find any explanation in manual, HH not replying to support query, anyone with one, please inform or show pic?

2. My grey case DX9 cannot have any firmware alteration or I will lose DSM2 (Euro). It does not have Gyro as a mix option, so the manual mix which makes Panic effective is not able to be set. I'd like to have the panic option. I note that the 230S and 130S both use a simpler system of allocating Aux2 to Switch I, and even the 360 Fusion manual shows a simpler set up for a DX8.

Has anyone set up Panic on a early DX9 without the GYR parameter, and if so how please?
Aug 12, 2019, 02:06 PM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Gear/Gyr is simply whatever channel 5 is in your radio .. that should help you set it up.
Aug 24, 2019, 02:25 AM
Thanks. Have not as yet set up "Panic" mode, but it is now flying.

The "spare" wire and servo plug left floating around loose (and able to get into the tail servo rod and drive ) is apparantly an external governor line from the ESC, not used. Downright stupid that this was left unsecured in a position that could easily crash the model.

While using the word unsecured, the biggest (and unforgivable) error is that the Receiver aerial wires are left floating, too. You might think that at this models price and with the background history of Spectrum radio, they might just pay a LITTLE attention to basic safety like ensuring the aerials are held away from metal, free from being trapped in mechanics, etc and are orientated at 90 degrees. They are SO unconcerned/unthinking with regard this that the BOX ART has one pictured flying with aerials left askew and not secured!

While dealing with the negatives, the stated battery size is 1300-1800mAh and 6S. Why they then "design" a canopy that is so small it becomes a massive struggle to fit over the battery even at 1550mAh and the ungainly conglomeration of plugs/sockets and covered ferrite core from the ESC also escapes me.

And on even short well cut grass, the tail blades are not supported by the tail fin high enough to avoid hitting.

This is not the first model you have designed Guys, can you not learn ANYTHING from previous model experience?

Does it fly well? YES. A couple of observers commented that it looked the most locked in PNP machine they had ever seen.

But only once you have spent considerable time sorting out basic safety and operation issues they should have avoided.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:48 AM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Glad you like it Dan. I've noticed the same thing on my Fusion 270. The tail blades barely clear the ground above the fin. I'm often digging dirt with them. It try to land in a spot on the grass that's mossy and not so tall.

I'm having a harder time finding the long packs for the 360CFX that fit better at a good price. I got some 1550 packs that are meant for quads but they are much more square than what it wants. I can fit them under the canopy barely if I move them up some. I really do NOT want to buy Eflite packs for it. These are the ones I recently purchased:

$36 a pack so not too bad. I've had good luck with this brand so far. I have their 4S in my 270's. It seems to be a re-branded Tattu but I'm not 100% sure. The Fusion 360 canopy is probably different from the CFX so I'd measure before buying anything.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:15 PM
Look at Hobbyking, the Nano-Tech 1550mAh 6S looks to be too long, but fits better than the short fat format!!

Despite our patch's grass being kept pretty short (for the fast growing SE UK) after only a couple of flights with VERY light t/o and landings the tail blades are grass stained heavily, and I fear for the belt, etc.
Aug 30, 2019, 02:07 PM
SO, Horizon Hobby took three weeks to reply to my Support query asking:-

1. What the disconnected lead was and where it was supposed to go, bearing in mind it was loose enough to jam the tail drive as supplied, i.e. if as I'd found out the long way around from other users that it was not used, why were they issuing a model with a loose wire and connector that could cause injury and the loss of the model?

2. That I could not programme the "Panic" button as the manual information for a DX9 was not possible to be set that way, so what was the correct way to set up Panic mode?

This is their reply:-

Hello Dave

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This mix is a hold over from previous helicopter programming and accidently found its way into this manual.

The single loose wire is an RPM lead from the speed controller and is intended to be unplugged.

Best Regards
Product Support
Horizon Hobby LLC

Now I don't know about you but I consider that reply (after THREE WEEKS no less!) wholly inadequate since it does not actually answer as to the correct treatment and correction of either issue! Very VERY inadequate Horizon Hobby!!
Aug 31, 2019, 08:05 AM
glad it worked out.
Sep 07, 2019, 11:13 AM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Of all my helis the 360CFX on 6S is still the one I find the most "unnerving". The power to weight is just insane. I'd love to compare the Fusion 360 some day to it.

Bought a couple HRB 6S 1800 50C. They fit well and it looks like I got some good ones.

Quick Reply