Mar 21, 2019, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

GWS ME-262 with "Tractor" Props

I have an old GWS ME-262 that has been bugging me to install two Hobby Lobby 400XT brushless motors in front part of the nacelles. I imagine I'll have to locate the 2200 3S pack farther back to get CG right. I am aware of how to wire two speed controls and disable one BEC. Any other suggestions are welcome. Somebody must have done this previously.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2019, 10:56 AM
If anything, with those outrunners far forward in the nacellles, you may get away with a 3s-2200 fully forward, without a bunch of additional lead. Just one of the issues with the model, as it didn't need any additional dead weight. Another thought is that the nacelles aren't quite scale. They could be lengthened a bit to move the motors forward. After having one of these, I'd prefer to sacrifice a bit of flight time for a smaller battery, if possible. Should be able to use motors a bit lower power than the 400XTs also. Never got around to flying my second one yet, with Microfans and nacelles lengthened for scale appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
I have an old GWS ME-262 that has been bugging me to install two Hobby Lobby 400XT brushless motors in front part of the nacelles. I imagine I'll have to locate the 2200 3S pack farther back to get CG right. I am aware of how to wire two speed controls and disable one BEC. Any other suggestions are welcome. Somebody must have done this previously.
You already know this, but just don't use ESCs like the worthless Eflite ones I used with weak 1.5A linear BECs on my first 262. The only brownout I ever had, if I remember correctly, with one disabled. Most brands even back then had 2A BECs on ESCs that size.

....let's try this again and see if the site responds this time.
Last edited by AntiArf; Mar 21, 2019 at 02:05 PM.
Apr 01, 2019, 12:49 AM
Build your prop nacelles as Mosquito and she will as fast as rocket hehe. No need of a lot of power and easy to balance your model with 3s 2200 pack. This motor is cheap and good: https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-B...r_warehouse=CN
However, banggood esc and battery bit me once so i don't trust their electronics any more.

Quick Reply