This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 21, 2019, 02:53 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine TX06 FPV camera + Micro DVR

DVR Link
Tx06 Link

Tx06 was sent for review by Banggood.com
The DVR was purchased from Banggood.com

I have wanted to do something like this for a long time , and the catalyst was Banggood sending me the Eachine Tx06 for review / testing .

Eachine TX06 FPV camera unit :

I dont have video recording FPV goggles , so I cant directly record the video stream ..
What I can tell you is that the Tx06 has the cleanest video transmission I have experienced to date .
It is actually surprisingly good for the price .

I did try to use the Tx06 with two of my micro quads , and whilst they did work well for the tx06 , the batteries in the tiny quads could not sustain the extra current of the Tx06 unit . ( around 280mAh ) .
One gave me 45 seconds of flight , and the E010 I mounted the Tx06 on gave me about 90 seconds of flight .. ( Might need a battery upgrade )
I did finally mount the Tx06 on my old now WL toys 959 quadcopter which uses 1000mAh 1s .. This battery was easily able to handle the Tx06 and still gave around 8 minutes of flight .

Micro DVR :

Since I cant record the video stream , the next best thing would be an affordable DVR ..
The camera and DVR are not plug and play compatible .. Some soldering and splicing is required ...
Power - The DVR requires power , and for this I spliced into the + and - cables running to the Tx06 ..
Video - Well , yes . I spliced into the VIDEO OUT cable for the video signal .
The DVR came with a 3 pin plug ( I think it is supposed to come with a 4 pin plug ) , so you need to be extremely careful how you insert the 3 pin plug into a 4 pin slot . As one pin is vacant , and inserting into the wrong pins could spell doom ... So beware if you get a 3 pin plug .

Now it looks complicated when looking at the diagram for connection instructions , but eliminating the wires we dont need , leaves us with only 3 things to connect . Power ( + and - ) and the Video feed ..

Eachine Tx06 FPV camera and Micro DVR (3 min 7 sec)

Here is some video footage ...

1) The Tx06 has impressed me , and does look to be very good value for the money .. Especially when discounted !
2) The DVR is also impressive , and when taking into consideration it's size . I can live with the video quality ..

Negatives :

TX06 - Only one thing .. The lens is glued too well , and I would really like to play with the focus . ( Softer glue please )
DVR - Mine came with a 3 pin plug rather than the advertised 4 pin plug ... ( Oh dear ) So no audio recording for me !
Neither is a deal breaker , but needed mentioning .

Conclusion :

What I am left with is a very small FPV / DVR unit that can be moved from one application to another . ( I really like that ) FPV and video recording .. Yes !
I am happy with both , but I am more impressed by the clean video signal from the Eachine Tx06 .
Thank you Banggood.com for sending me the Tx06 , it really is a nice FPV camera with good signal quality ..
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply