Mar 21, 2019, 09:23 PM
It is Not a micro.........
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2019, 09:51 PM
Yvan
Bell's V-22 Osprey celebrates 30th Anniversary

This is the right time for the launch of the new É-flite V-22 Osprey.
Yvan

V-22 Osprey comemora 30 anos do primeiro voo (2 min 43 sec)
Mar 21, 2019, 09:55 PM
They call me Lipo...

Early Access at Friendly Hobbies!

So I stopped by Friendly Hobbies in fabulous Las Vegas and look what I saw !
E-flite V-22 Osprey VTOL BNF Basic - EARLY ACCESS with FRIENDLY HOBBIES! (13 min 38 sec)

So.....I'm going to have to eat some Crow....I know, I know I said I wasn't interested, BUT, after seeing this in person, I'm going to have to get one after all....

Anybody have any Tabasco I can use for my Crow... !

Mar 21, 2019, 09:58 PM
DFS#000178
It's growing on me really quickly. I don't want to buy batteries in that size but I'm really starting to like the airframe a lot.

Does it use linear servos?
Mar 21, 2019, 10:05 PM
Yvan
https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...th-anniversary
Mar 21, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
So I stopped by Friendly Hobbies in fabulous Las Vegas and look what I saw !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4S5f9dtHNQ&t=3s

So.....I'm going to have to eat some Crow....I know, I know I said I wasn't interested, BUT, after seeing this in person, I'm going to have to get one after all....

Anybody have any Tabasco I can use for my Crow... !

WOW you finally 3D the v-22 by hovering it. Were u scared
Mar 21, 2019, 10:12 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/...th-anniversary
That just goes to show the outrageous development cycle of aircraft these days. 30 year anniversary? It's only been in service for 12.
Mar 21, 2019, 10:13 PM
They call me Lipo...
I was Dale...I was TERRIFIED !!!

To be honest, the LAST thing I wanted to do was wad this thing up being an early release model and all
Mar 21, 2019, 10:15 PM
They call me Lipo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
It's growing on me really quickly. I don't want to buy batteries in that size but I'm really starting to like the airframe a lot.

Hey brother, I hope all is well !

This model uses what appears to be micro, maybe 5 gram servos....NOT linear, at least on the ailerons. I don't know about the elevator, although I suspect it uses the same...

Mar 21, 2019, 10:25 PM
Quote:
That just goes to show the outrageous development cycle of aircraft these days. 30 year anniversary? It's only been in service for 12.
LOL....it took 18 years to figure out how to keep it in the air.
Mar 21, 2019, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTiC27
RCBABBEL
Hi Mr. Roger.
rcnutrc
You could not resist this new V-22 VTOL. You too.
I think we need a VTOL with a real scale.

I need to install navigation lights for the V-22.
I think I'll like it a lot the V-22.
Yvan

PS
The photos are not mine!
He is on the net today.
People have a lot of enthusiasm for the new V-22.
Looking at those pics...are the ailerons also set up as flaperons?
Mar 21, 2019, 10:42 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:

That looks like a NO.
Looks like it uses the same size & class of servos as the Mini Convergence.
3.7g Sub-Micro Analog Air Servo Long Lead.
5g Sub-Micro Analog Air Servo.

I will be calling my Osprey a Mini.

Roger
Mar 21, 2019, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
My dad is 97 and just renewed his driver's license...lol. He just keeps on going....
My father is the same age. If he renews his driver’s license I will be morally obligated to take out full page ads in every newspaper within a 500 mile radius imploring everyone to please stay the hell off the roadways.
Mar 22, 2019, 01:15 AM
Suspended Account
To me this thing is a typical overpriced Horizon gimmick product. And people will rush to surf the hype wave, and in a couple months there will be lots of posts in this thread about all the problems people are having. It looks like a neat (albeit silly expensive, for what it is..) toy if you have a huge living room, but beyond that I can't really see the attraction. The real Osprey is a neat machine(calling it a "warbird" though is a stretch..) - but this thing conjures very little of the full-size version's appeal afaic... To each his own.
Mar 22, 2019, 01:28 AM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Yeah, to each his own and that's why Horizon is so successful, whether you like it or not. I personally also think the price is a bit high for my taste, and I am a bit concerned with the software, the Convergence memories are still fresh. But don't forget the emotional appeal. Saw one of those flying above my head a year ago and was an awesome sight.

Quick Reply