Thread Tools
Mar 20, 2019, 05:14 PM
Registered User
FrSky already confirmed that all transmitters and all the X-receivers will get firmware upgrades. Stop spreading misinformation.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2019, 02:09 AM
Registered User
What about a QC - or just general physical quality - upgrade?.. Seemed to be quite a few general quality niggles in the X-lite threads... USB charging is the main upgrade, which I guess will nullify some of the cap problems people were having. Still, it was hard to feel confident about buying one of these from those threads, with all the talk of broken caps, a couple with gimbal issues, flaking off grip material, etc etc..
Mar 21, 2019, 02:24 AM
Registered User
I got my (early) X-Lite with gimbal issues replaced by my vendor after a couple of weeks and this one is perfect. Pretty sure they got this stuff sorted out after the first batch(es).
Mar 21, 2019, 04:03 AM
Registered User
527FPV's Avatar
The little navigation joystick also broke for a lot of people (including me). I hope they improved the component quality in the new models.
Mar 21, 2019, 07:53 AM
Registered User
looking forward for access upgrade! features I'm waiting for: the wireless binding and ability to have a backup transmitter without rebind models.
Mar 25, 2019, 12:54 PM
q {bld(); fly(); brk(); q();}
The Recursion's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas
looking forward for access upgrade! features I'm waiting for: the wireless binding and ability to have a backup transmitter without rebind models.
This might make me consider purchasing the smaller transmitter (assuming the stick feel is similar to the Taranis as well). Being able to swap between them without having to dick around is essential.
Mar 25, 2019, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
What about a QC - or just general physical quality - upgrade?.. Seemed to be quite a few general quality niggles in the X-lite threads... USB charging is the main upgrade, which I guess will nullify some of the cap problems people were having. Still, it was hard to feel confident about buying one of these from those threads, with all the talk of broken caps, a couple with gimbal issues, flaking off grip material, etc etc..
Looks like they'll have internal charging so less wear on caps. Looks like the new model also upgrades the gimbals. I think the biggest question is what they have done to address the issue with the grip material.

I wonder when it will come in stock. I want want ASAP lol.
Mar 25, 2019, 08:05 PM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
What about a QC - or just general physical quality - upgrade?.. Seemed to be quite a few general quality niggles in the X-lite threads... USB charging is the main upgrade, which I guess will nullify some of the cap problems people were having. Still, it was hard to feel confident about buying one of these from those threads, with all the talk of broken caps, a couple with gimbal issues, flaking off grip material, etc etc..
No issues with mine.

I use a silicone cover, which adds great grip and keeps everything in place.

Once you use an X-Lite, quite hard to use anything else.
Mar 26, 2019, 11:30 AM
Registered User
I have the original x-lite and will be very tempted to buy an x-lite pro. I think they've added enough to justify the upgrade with the addition of:

1. RF analyzer
2. Built in balance charging
3. Lower latency
4. 40% longer range
5. Additional 2 momentary buttons
6. CNC machined gimbals
7. Integrated 6-axis sensor unit

With the 6-axis sensor, I am imagining panning and tilting a gimbal without having to take my fingers off the sticks.
Mar 26, 2019, 03:49 PM
Registered User
seng30904's Avatar
Sure would have liked to see a neck strap attachment point
Mar 26, 2019, 04:17 PM
Registered User

And reasons 8&9


Quote:
Originally Posted by jessegyger
I have the original x-lite and will be very tempted to buy an x-lite pro. I think they've added enough to justify the upgrade with the addition of:

1. RF analyzer
2. Built in balance charging
3. Lower latency
4. 40% longer range
5. Additional 2 momentary buttons
6. CNC machined gimbals
7. Integrated 6-axis sensor unit

With the 6-axis sensor, I am imagining panning and tilting a gimbal without having to take my fingers off the sticks.
I would add
8. Bluetooth
9. Trainer (wirelss via bluetooth & wired)
Last edited by mitchellj; Mar 26, 2019 at 04:45 PM.
Mar 26, 2019, 09:13 PM
Registered User
I would add

10. X-Lite $129.00 USD
11. X-Lite S $149.99 USD
12. X-Lite Pro $199.99 USD

13. X9D Plus $182.00 (batteries included)
Last edited by Barry2020; Mar 26, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
Mar 27, 2019, 03:05 AM
Registered User
I would remove
1. because gimmick
2. because (good) batteries last forever and if you have the X-Lite, you also have a charger already
3. and 4. because all radios will get it
7. because useless for 99% of pilots

:P
Mar 28, 2019, 11:51 AM
q {bld(); fly(); brk(); q();}
The Recursion's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessegyger
I have the original x-lite and will be very tempted to buy an x-lite pro. I think they've added enough to justify the upgrade with the addition of:

1. RF analyzer
2. Built in balance charging
3. Lower latency
4. 40% longer range
5. Additional 2 momentary buttons
6. CNC machined gimbals
7. Integrated 6-axis sensor unit

With the 6-axis sensor, I am imagining panning and tilting a gimbal without having to take my fingers off the sticks.
You should be able to get some of those with your existing setup as they are providing back ports for ACCESS to some of the older technologies. This includes range and latency improvements.

I hope they have stick end upgrades like the Taranis has.
Last edited by The Recursion; Mar 28, 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Mar 28, 2019, 12:03 PM
Registered User
parajared's Avatar
The Frsky website mentions a ACCST to ACCESS radio update. It doesn't sound like you need new hardware for the new protocol.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FrSky - New - Taranis X-Lite - S and Pro - X9 Lite - R9M Lite - MPM Lite Jet_Flyer Radios 2469 Today 11:45 AM
New Product FrSky New Arrival - Taranis X-Lite S and Pro AndreaHuang FrSky 299 Jun 16, 2019 08:18 AM
Discussion Snapped off USB port on New Taranis X-Lite .... tyrell Radios 1 Nov 27, 2018 08:54 PM
New Product FrSky New Arrival - Taranis X-Lite Compact Transmitter Release! AndreaHuang FrSky 12 Sep 19, 2018 09:30 PM
New Product New Blade 200 S Fixed Pitch FBL Announced in September Model Aviation Magazine Bajora Micro Helis 65 Mar 20, 2018 11:25 PM