Jun 07, 2019, 02:17 AM
my original xlite (not PRO),
taken from BG months ago, installed OpenTX 2.2.3,

never had a problem with ext module
(I use CRSF module with 3D print adapter)
maybe radio was build with old power module inside
(not affected by ‘bug’)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2019, 02:32 AM
OpenTX core team
I believe only Xlite Pro and X9Lite have this power control chip, it does not exist on any other radio. We never heard about PMU unit before, isn't it ?

3djc
Jun 07, 2019, 06:12 AM
X-lite pro and crsf updated the firmware on June 5th, refreshed opentx night version N21, after the external module selected CRSF, the power-off bug still exists, have the same encounter partner?
Jun 07, 2019, 10:42 AM
Today while charging my X-Lite Pro it got bumped and fell off the table and the USB port snapped off the board from the weight of the controller and the fact it was still plugged in 😩Anybody know if they make replacement main boards yet and where I might be able to find one? I can only see boards for the regular X-Lite. The pins on the USB port look very small and tricky for me to attempt resoldering it on myself.
Jun 07, 2019, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
"choose either mode" when you buy the system.

Mike
I guess the wording in the FAQ is just a bit misleading. That's a shame.

I wonder if by not providing an option to choose FCC/LBT versions banggood are simply just selling the FCC version of both xlite-pro and x9lite transmitters.
If thats the case and with an explicit EU firmware not being available, anyone in the EU who ends up with an FCC transmitter because of this will probably just end up just using it in FCC mode.
Sort of funny that the lack of a firmware option due to the eu regs means that anyone who wishes to comply with those regs now cant .
Jun 07, 2019, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafc76
I can not bind to my Tiny Whoops after to update the radio so D16 seems not working with it.

I copied the firmware to the SD and booted in DFU mode and flashed the radio firmware, after that I flashed the RF module, then the PMU.

Does it mean that D16 is gonna work only with original receivers and not with the AIO boards with SPI receivers?
the update is for D16 rxs only, most SPI rxs are D8 (no longer supported). Check to see if your RX can accept D16, some can do both.
Jun 09, 2019, 09:18 PM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamFlag
I guess the wording in the FAQ is just a bit misleading. That's a shame.

I wonder if by not providing an option to choose FCC/LBT versions banggood are simply just selling the FCC version of both xlite-pro and x9lite transmitters.
If thats the case and with an explicit EU firmware not being available, anyone in the EU who ends up with an FCC transmitter because of this will probably just end up just using it in FCC mode.
Sort of funny that the lack of a firmware option due to the eu regs means that anyone who wishes to comply with those regs now cant .
Hello sir,

Actually, the ISRM internal module includes both firmware versions (LBT and Non-LBT).

Due to the regulations that can't allow giving the firmware option to end users, please contact FrSky local dealers, service centers and technical support to reset the version.

Thank you.
Jun 10, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Due to the regulations that can't allow giving the firmware option to end users, please contact FrSky local dealers, service centers and technical support to reset the version.
I don't think that's "due to the regulations" - you can flash all accst transmitters as you like... More likely it's attempt to protect access firmware from copying...
Jun 10, 2019, 02:29 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas J.
I don't think that's "due to the regulations" - you can flash all accst transmitters as you like... More likely it's attempt to protect access firmware from copying...
Actually, it is in the EU regs.

Flashing ACCST back & forth was always questionable in terms of compliance.
Jun 10, 2019, 04:32 PM
Is this EU / Non-EU only for the D16 mode relevant?
I mean, why not implementing ACCESS the same for everyone, itīs not like you are not allowed to LBT in the US.
Jun 10, 2019, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtroutt19
Let me buy it now! Please

Never never jump on the bandwagon until it has been proven.
Jun 10, 2019, 07:30 PM
Adam
Ignore him. Every new product needs guinea pigs so that the rest of us doesn't have to deal with the issues... I am the guinea-pig on the Pro .
Jun 10, 2019, 07:49 PM
Pioneers, thank you.

But remember,

"Pioneers get arrows in their a$$."
Jun 10, 2019, 08:34 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enurian
Is this EU / Non-EU only for the D16 mode relevant?
I mean, why not implementing ACCESS the same for everyone, itīs not like you are not allowed to LBT in the US.
It's relevant, ACCESS has both non-EU and EU LBT flavours as well, just set by some configuration on the RF module rather than by which firmware is loaded.
Jun 10, 2019, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
It's relevant, ACCESS has both non-EU and EU LBT flavours as well, just set by some configuration on the RF module rather than by which firmware is loaded.
The question is...

Is the hardware the same for non-EU and EU LBT ACCESS radios?

Quick Reply