Dec 02, 2019, 02:48 AM
I did not read this thread a long time but i don't think, or maybe i missed some software update, the ESC is capable of running a F3S plane.
The startup is to strong and the brake also.
Or is the F200 now capable of using the "normal plane" firmware?
Than it will work, even without the heatsink.

GJ
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2019, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJVO
I did not read this thread a long time but i don't think, or maybe i missed some software update, the ESC is capable of running a F3S plane.
The startup is to strong and the brake also.
Or is the F200 now capable of using the "normal plane" firmware?
Than it will work, even without the heatsink.

GJ
Hi,

Ive read whole chat, there isnt new software... we tried multicopter, airplane pwm and f5b nothing worked. The esc is not arming. Lowered to the max, Endpoints to -152% with Futaba. Tried running receiver with diffent volts 5-8,4V. But as i can see now there are 2 types of f3x200. The new one has Outputwires, Plus, Minus, Signal and Telemetry. We tried only with Signal and Minus also with Signal, Minus and Plus. Only chance for now is to remove resistor R25 to get it work. Otherwise i dont get it. The LED is lighting bright and nothing else.

4 Months ago APD told they are working on new Software, still nothing happened?!
Dec 02, 2019, 04:05 AM
It should work with the F5B firmware but than the startup and brake are so strong you cannot use it in a F3S plane.
Where did you buy it and does it have the F5B firmware on it, you can recognise it if the resistor is removed.
Otherwise it is only working with Dshot instead of PPM.

Than you must flash it.

GJ
Dec 02, 2019, 01:46 PM
There are 2 versions of hardware for the 200F3 controllers. The older has 3 pads for telemetry,PWM and signal ground and the newer has 4 pads which the new one is for + from the radio(really does nothing). As supplied the 200F3 has firmware that will work with PWM RC style signals---it has a slow enough ramp that it should be good for EDF---the synchronous rectification is in effect a brake which you can soften with a ramp on the throttle channel. The F5B firmware has a much faster start and brake ---but again you could use ramps in the TX to moderate things.

Steve
Dec 02, 2019, 02:37 PM
On the older Fx200 (3 pads: -,S,T) R25 needed to be removed to work correctly, particularly when pushing the signal through the Unilog. The R25 was there for interference/noise suppression on multicopters. The surpression was a bit too strong for that particular application.

On the newer 4-pad Fx200 (-, +,S,T) the R25 can remain.
APD has adjusted resistor values so the Fx200 now works even when using with a Unilog, These changes were implemented after receiving feedback from their customers.
If you are the same person who sent me a message through the German forum, I just sent you updated firmware which should work.

Regards,
Gerben
Dec 02, 2019, 03:40 PM
Yeah!!! We did him!

APD F3[X] 200 Airplane mode (2 min 17 sec)
Dec 02, 2019, 03:43 PM
On board receiver and lipo.
Dec 02, 2019, 04:32 PM
Step up to 12S and 500km/h PowerCroco motor!

APD F3[X] 200, 12S LiPo, 4235 motor (1 min 18 sec)
Dec 02, 2019, 05:22 PM
Hello! I have an APD 100F3 wich i flashed with standard pwm hex posted by GJVO, thank you by the way. Flashed it because i use it with pixhawk and dshot protocol is not smooth (no square wave) and now the led is bright but no beeps on startup and nothing happens when inputing pwm or dshot, no motor spin, beeps or led state change.

I had eratic motor rpm with standard software. Tried anothr pwm hex posted by someone on youtube also but the same nothing happens. I don't think i missed enything.

PLS HELP and thank you in advance!
Dec 09, 2019, 11:15 PM
aka JetMan Joe
I purchased an OTS F3(x)-120. To use it with a standard receiver I need to:

1. Purchase a FTDI (USB-Uart Bridge) adapter from amazon
2. Install (hopefully automatically) the windows drivers for it.
3. Download and install the STM Flasher
4. Download the PWM firmware file
5. Figure out a way to fix the FTDI pins to the edge of the ADP Esc
6. Short the bootloader contacts on the Esc
7. Plug the USP plug into the computer
8. Start the STM Flasher software
9. Verify connection to Esc is successful
10. Drill down for firmware .Hex file
11. Click download and pray.

Does that about cover it (aside from misc soldering tasks) ?

Joe
Dec 10, 2019, 02:34 AM
Yes, but I had problems with the first ftdi adapter I got. It had a fake ftdi chip in which was detected by the driver which then bricked it! I bought another which claimed to have a genuine ftdi chip inside and it worked fine. Both from Amazon.

I believe you can now buy APD with pwm input software built in, but being able to reload the software with custom versions could become useful in the future if these ESC become popular. The variety of demand will soon overwhelm APD's development capacity/economics and third party and user help may step in to fill the gap, as happened with AVR/Arduino.
Jan 06, 2020, 07:27 AM
hi,
Please check out LogView data from flight.
Temp sensor (A3 port) onboard, was glued to the side of ESC MOSFET.
You can see at the diagrams cutoff temperature and operated current.
Speed sensor (Pito tube) was in A2 port.
Jan 06, 2020, 12:32 PM
9.6kw in peak, ~8kw continous and 537kph (335mph) in peak, impressive!

Temp on the FETS @ 138C seems quite borderline to me, probably very close to what the controller can sustain and may shorten durability.
Jan 22, 2020, 09:53 AM
Thread OP
Ive updated the original post with a link to the docs and setup guide. Also added Neutronics as a distributor.
Jan 22, 2020, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben
9.6kw in peak, ~8kw continous and 537kph (335mph) in peak, impressive!

Temp on the FETS @ 138C seems quite borderline to me, probably very close to what the controller can sustain and may shorten durability.
Dzhamal.. Pretty fast!!

Gerben, yep 138C is borderline.
Although the FETs are rated to 175C, its still a good idea to run the ESCs with more airflow. The caps will degrade quicker at higher temps.

Quick Reply