Sep 09, 2019, 09:27 PM
One other thing.... use a main battery pack of at least 6s?? Recently I tried to drive a yge meant for 4-12s with a 3 s batt and couldn’t figure why it wouldn’t arm....My bad.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2019, 10:42 PM
EDF all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungho
One other thing.... use a main battery pack of at least 6s?? Recently I tried to drive a yge meant for 4-12s with a 3 s batt and couldn’t figure why it wouldn’t arm....My bad.
Was using 12S.
Thanks,
Bob
Sep 09, 2019, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
Was using 12S.
Thanks,
Bob
Know anyone with a Futaba to try??
Sep 09, 2019, 11:12 PM
EDF all the way!
I'll check when the ESC get's back.
Bob
Sep 10, 2019, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience with us, we are aware of the issues presented here and they are all on the priority list. We are working through the list at the best pace possible with our current workload, and we really appreciate you waiting for our reply.

I'll endeavour to get a reply to all 200f3 support emails in the next couple of days. Given your feedback we definitely need to provide better instructions for setup of this particular controller, let me see if I can get my hands on some of the problematic receivers and make a few tutorial videos.

We always provide support for our controllers, our French distributor has closed his company and handed us over to his replacement, please see DFR/ Drone FPV racer for your needs in Europe, including 200A units.

All F5B requested Escs were managed separately to our standard production line, the input filter was removed, ESC flashed with F5B firmware and tested prior to packaging and shipping. We are working towards making a one size fits all product, but as I'm sure you are aware it's always a process. We worked with Gerben for a couple of months so he would be satisfied with the performance. We believe in a process of continual iteration, so if we can't meet your expectations first time, feel free to contact us with questions or concerns so we can work towards it. Given the nature of development this won't always happen overnight, we rigorously test all of our hardware and firmware updates prior to release, which takes time.

We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Cheers,

Aj
Sep 10, 2019, 11:53 PM
H-1
H-1
@ APD
Will any of the drive support bidirectional dshot?
Sep 14, 2019, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-1
@ APD
Will any of the drive support bidirectional dshot?
I found video for you) All as you like - clear and without external caps
From 9:40

https://youtu.be/UM2RJb5B1J0?t=580
Sep 14, 2019, 08:43 AM
H-1
H-1
No Lokanaft,
You didn't find a video for me coz I never suggested running without caps I suggested a supply buss with matching caps versus your gobs of cold solder and miss matched caps. It was unsightly to the professional eye and clearly not technically effective in reliable operation. Maybe the guy in the video can also learn from those postings.

You should have said thank u to AJ for your free drive. Be kind remember?

Good luck . It's just another failed model, it happens everyday . I'm asking about a protocol not a failed drone.Read what u quoted. I dont have one and all my drives of any brand are working fine in my camp. Sorry for your many problems. You'll have many more ignoring the the OEM suggestions 4 sure.

Check careers at Underwriters Laboratory for higher interest in destruction of electrical devices. They pay

U see apd"s execution of a cap bank. Wats wrong? You smoke the new drive being hard head?
Forget videos of this. Where is your drone working or not. Getting cold soon.....

H-1
Last edited by H-1; Sep 14, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
Sep 16, 2019, 01:48 PM
My mistake is only that I did not immediately solder telemetry and did not reveal a defective esc.

The APD sent me a replacement only and only because my friend ordered the same and asked me to send in the same package so that the APD are not wasted on shipping to me.

I did not receive any response by mail.

You understand, I added capacitors and it flew normally? Why are you trying to prove something to me if you only have a theory? Modes of operation on an airplane, 200 and X class are completely different. On 200 very short wires to the motor, very long to the battery, very low stator resistance. This is a visual aid under Ohm's law.

And why is only 50V capacitor in the 12S ESC kit? Do you also have an explanation for this?
Sep 16, 2019, 02:39 PM
H-1
H-1
You understood what has been suggested to you by others not having your issue and you've chosen not to do so. You have a replaced drive and paid nothing so I'm done with that. Good luck to you and with your issues. I'm having fun with my drives and love them. I use matched bulk electrolytic caps banks teamed with matching MLCC's for faster transients . When I solder I use a little as possible and always strive for a minimal convex fillet. When connecting two wires i go for an overlap of at least 3x the diameter and again I look to have small convened fillets. The best professionally build drones will exhibit the "theories" shared. And even they will fail from time to time.

Id get over it if you have a replacement and it flies.

BTW the cap bank you saw was a working sample to try with my pro HV. APD has been more than nice and helpful to me.... From now on I'll build mine in a similar fashion. With the "theoretic" balance charge circuity for capacitors. Just part of the reason matching caps help.

Layta...
Last edited by H-1; Sep 16, 2019 at 06:40 PM.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:14 PM
H-1
H-1
It was landed in water......and that always brings the smoke
12s Xclass Drone CATCHES FIRE! (Catalyst Machineworks VBLOG #5) (11 min 21 sec)

Enjoy the full video. And listen to why the esc actually burned.

F3 40
6S 4500kv R6's Working!!! (7 min 12 sec)

Without props that's > 100,000 rpm

@ Lokanaft most of these failure videos are nothing more than a video seminar on user error.
Last edited by H-1; Sep 16, 2019 at 07:33 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:01 AM
H-1
H-1
Fly it like you stole it!! (6 min 1 sec)

From over a year ago is how most of us got here. It looks like if you observe there static amperage rules and implement a clean install it does fine with the 1 cap they supply. None of these video have more than the cap they supply.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:46 AM
You just do not see and do not want to see the difference between the operating conditions in the X class and 200
Sep 17, 2019, 09:03 PM
H-1
H-1
You should explain it to me then because this is the high performance plane section and my only point is to answer to the function with the 1 supplied cap. Isn't it the case that many other drone esc have zero electrolytic capacitor? What is your point Lokanaft did you burn the new drive? :
Last edited by H-1; Sep 17, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:21 PM
EDF all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
I have the APD 200 12-14S 200 AMP ESC. I can not get it to work with my Graupner GR-24 receiver. It is set 1020uS to 2000uS for throttle. I sent it back to the vendor and works great but they are using Futaba and Flysky radios for test. What is going on?
Thanks,
Bob

Talking to a friend today about the ESC problem. I told him they were using a Futaba radio and I was using Graupner. Well he reminded me that Graupner is similar to JR radio. The throttle channel needs to be reversed for it to work usually. I reversed the channel and had 2000uS for low and 1020uS for high. Plugged it in and when power was applied the ESC gave tones then started beeping with the LED light. Would not stop beeping but at lease it is making tones. Now to figure out next step? It did this with and with out the resistor jumper.
Again thanks for all the help.
Bob

Quick Reply