May 17, 2019, 02:56 PM
Typhoon H520 vs Phantom 4 vs Inspire
Hexcopter, consumer, and pro quadcopter vs Extreme Winds (The results will surprise you!) (4 min 15 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
Typhoon H520 vs Phantom 4 vs Inspire
https://youtu.be/3uF59mOsgOU
So basically DJI sucks? Haha honestly though if you want fly in heavy wind a 5in octo on 6s would likely be the best another thing to think about is things fly far better in the wind with a good pilot and acro and if you want to fly it at a beach full of people I would hope there would be an experienced pilot at the sticks. Another big problem though is going to come up when you try and put one of those big foam bananas under it, that will make it get pushed around by the wind like crazy and you'd want something really powerful to fight that. So maybe a massive octo and if you try for an x8 configuration the problem is gonna be getting the float close enough to the frame because the farther down it is the more it will pull. This will also need someone very experienced in tuning to get going good enough to handle heavy wind and most people struggle just to get the big stuff flying let alone being able to handle heavy wind and strapping a giant flotation device on the bottom.

It's certainly doable but, if you have to ask others how to do it you might not be the person for the job sorry to say I hope you don't take offense. It would mostly come down to getting as much power as possible with the smallest area possible this raises an issue when you start strapping things to the bottom that massively increase the surface area or when you start stacking motors which decreases power iirc it's almost 30% in most cases possibly worse if the motors are really close and it actually doesn't decrease the surface area as much as you'd think this is why coaxial helis can't fly in even the slightest breeze.
Last edited by microwhoop; May 21, 2019 at 02:17 PM.
May 31, 2019, 06:03 PM
I also would say the a hexa is a good compromise regarding wind stability, lifting power and efficiency.

When I tested my 920 retrofit (a Yuneec Tornado H920+ with completely replaced electronics), I also had a strong gust knocking down the camera on a tripod. The drone had no problem:

https://youtu.be/yAVRIyt_OiA?t=98

Quick Reply