Mar 17, 2019, 03:03 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
It looks like budget/economy grade manufacturers are starting to enter premium bracket pricing with their products.
because the gap between clones and the big brand kits is getting expanded this is why the chinese makers also want more profit for them.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2019, 03:10 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
For me it's only a good thing that Tarot are putting their focus on helis again, plus coming up with a genuinely new and innovative design rather than just ripping off someone else's designs like they have done in the past.
the manual however is still a copy of the ALIGN ones.
Mar 17, 2019, 05:02 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
the manual however is still a copy of the ALIGN ones.
It's a copy why?... Because the style is similar
Mar 17, 2019, 05:55 AM
Quote:
I say it's a little early to start claiming it's too expensive, when we dont have the slightest clue what the price is yet

For me it's only a good thing that Tarot are putting their focus on helis again, plus coming up with a genuinely new and innovative design rather than just ripping off someone else's designs like they have done in the past. They should be applauded. Amazes me that anyone can see a negative in this (and this is me speaking who is normally accused of being a very much 'glass half empty' kinda guy)

PS.. as for the motor cooling, being enclosed shouldn't make any difference because heli motors have forced cooling. As long as there are holes in the bottom of the 'enclosure' so the motor can draw air in and the fan at the top is in the clear so it can blow air out, then it should cool just fine. We need to see more details.

Sounds like Torot will be officially rolling out details of the heli soon so keep an eye open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
At a time when many are bemoaning an apparent decline in interest in the hobby, I view any new product as a welcome development regardless of its lack of appeal to some. I think that this is quite a bold step by Tarot and one that should be applauded rather than trying to find faults that might not even exist.
Couldn't agree more - it's great that Tarot (who have always been the best quality of the clone / upgrade brigade) are making a bold, imaginative step back into the heli market.

Pricing is always a difficult call as it varies so much depending on the individual buyer - some want cheap and cheerful, others want better quality (but lower pricing than mainstream manufacturers).

Ultimately "the market" will decide if the pricing is too high - if it is people won't buy them. What we are seeing more of recently from SAB / OXY / ALZRC is that the new model is released with an introductory price that decreases slightly after a while to a slightly lower price.

All power to Tarot for coming up with an interesting, innovative design - I really hope that it is successful for them, everybody has been bemoaning the "death of the heli market" - here's a ray of light instead
Mar 17, 2019, 06:54 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
it's great that Tarot (who have always been the best quality of the clone / upgrade brigade)
Tarot buyers used to buy Align upgrades. this is why Align don't care if its kits get cloned.
Mar 17, 2019, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Tarot buyers used to buy Align upgrades. this is why Align don't care if its kits get cloned.
And a lot of Align buyers used to buy Tarot upgrades as they developed a number of improvements that could be used on the Align range - my Trex 450 Pro had the servo brackets (that allowed much easier access to servo gears and servo arms), boom holder (that allowed much easier changing of torque tube and boom), and feathering shafts (that had extra length to allow extra bearings that gave much better tracking) - it was a symbiotic relationship as Align introduced some of these improvements into later versions.
Mar 17, 2019, 07:44 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
At a time when many are bemoaning an apparent decline in interest in the hobby, I view any new product as a welcome development regardless of its lack of appeal to some. I think that this is quite a bold step by Tarot and one that should be applauded rather than trying to find faults that might not even exist.
I agree.
I see a refreshing unibody design nice enough to be flown without canopy.
Mar 17, 2019, 07:50 AM

I think I figured out how the design keeps the motor cool!

Seems everyone is concerned that they enclosed the motor... if you take a look at the area where the ESC is, it looks like there are two ducted ports on either side that directs air from the ESC fan back to the motor.

Mar 17, 2019, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
And a lot of Align buyers used to buy Tarot upgrades as they developed a number of improvements that could be used on the Align range - my Trex 450 Pro had the servo brackets (that allowed much easier access to servo gears and servo arms), boom holder (that allowed much easier changing of torque tube and boom), and feathering shafts (that had extra length to allow extra bearings that gave much better tracking) - it was a symbiotic relationship as Align introduced some of these improvements into later versions.
Spot on - there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Tarot quality....... and the price of their spares / upgrades are hard to beat. I have personally never received a 'dud' Tarot part and have only ever been impressed by the thought that has clearly gone into some of the upgrades - especially the CNC parts that you have mentioned.
Mar 17, 2019, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin
Seems everyone is concerned that they enclosed the motor... if you take a look at the area where the ESC is, it looks like there are two ducted ports on either side that directs air from the ESC fan back to the motor.
Yes, I would find it hard to believe that they might have overlooked such an obvious design consideration.
Mar 17, 2019, 08:48 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Thread OP
Quote:
What makes you think that Align dont care? Just because they cant stop it doesnt mean they dont care.

For the record, several years ago Align threatened Helifreak with legal action because Helifreak were allowing clones to be discussed in the Align sub forum.. That doesnt sound like the actions of a company that 'didn't care'.

Anyway, the clone debate is irrelevant to this thread because the heli being discussed is in no way a clone... so lets try to keep on topic
Mar 17, 2019, 09:29 AM
rc user
Quote:
Anyway, the clone debate is irrelevant to this thread because the heli being discussed is in no way a clone...
clone flippers
Mar 17, 2019, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin
it looks like there are two ducted ports on either side that directs air from the ESC fan back to the motor.
signal line set ?

Mar 17, 2019, 09:51 AM
Heligamist
Might not be for me if I can't just zip tie all the wires together on the outside
Mar 17, 2019, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
clone flippers
Aaaaaargh! ........... that horrible 'flipper' word again

Quick Reply