Jun 14, 2019, 01:52 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
The 550 uses the same frame as the 600 but the head on the 550 is smaller and lighter. The Green heli in the above pics is the 550.

My guess about the flared parts around the ESC was right, they have cooling holes in the bottom and feed air to the motor.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2019, 01:55 PM
rc user
well that's a departure from the norm, most 550/600 helis run the same head.
Jun 14, 2019, 05:50 PM
in fact the 600 heli could have been made a 700 if the main shaft and hub fitted a 12mm shaft diameter, was the heli in front in the first pic the 600? the head and grips do look larger, threw me off wondering, the detailing on the assembly cool looking, that's something I always admired about tarot whenever they ventured off the beaten trail with some new details in their cnc'd parts, good for them.

Any close ups of the gyro tray area?
Jun 14, 2019, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanflyheli
in fact the 600 heli could have been made a 700 if the main shaft and hub fitted a 12mm shaft diameter, was the heli in front in the first pic the 600? the head and grips do look larger, threw me off wondering, the detailing on the assembly cool looking, that's something I always admired about tarot whenever they ventured off the beaten trail with some new details in their cnc'd parts, good for them.

Any close ups of the gyro tray area?
Some 700s have 10mm mainshafts. the Compass 7HV for example, or the RJX X-Treme 700 and 800 (RJX used a solid mainshaft not hollow)

EDIT. The Raptor 90 too.
Jun 15, 2019, 07:01 AM
there ya go
Jun 15, 2019, 11:57 AM
rc user
i like the tail grips, cool color and ball link design.

really hope Tarot offers good support. I may not buy the airframe but certainly some parts.
Jun 15, 2019, 12:25 PM
after clicking on the photos and getting a closer look all my former concerns were ashewed. funny, they went left/right red/black like a few of us have been doing for years with the lipo leads. Anyone else notice how tall the rotor is from the frame?

fun stuff
Jun 15, 2019, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
i like the tail grips, cool color and ball link design.

really hope Tarot offers good support. I may not buy the airframe but certainly some parts.
If their 450 parts support is anything to go by, I am sure that Tarot-RC will be listing every component before too long.

https://www.tarot-rc.com/helicopter.html
Jun 15, 2019, 06:09 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
So the good news is Iíve managed to do a deal for the orange airframe thatís in the photos. Iíll pick it up tomorrow before leaving Weston. This should make me the owner of the first Tarot 600 outside of Tarotís own test prototypes

Iíll start a build thread shortly
Jun 15, 2019, 06:32 PM
rc user
congrats Sir, looking forward to it.
Jun 16, 2019, 03:27 PM
Looks good for a 550

New prototype Tarot 550/600 (5 min 5 sec)

Just wondering if the electronic components would get hot inside???
Jun 16, 2019, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
So the good news is Iíve managed to do a deal for the orange airframe thatís in the photos. Iíll pick it up tomorrow before leaving Weston. This should make me the owner of the first Tarot 600 outside of Tarotís own test prototypes

Iíll start a build thread shortly
Nice, I can't wait for your review of it. Let us know if the motor/ESC/ or servos gets too hot.
Jun 17, 2019, 06:49 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepilot
Nice, I can't wait for your review of it. Let us know if the motor/ESC/ or servos gets too hot.
I tried the Ďtouch testí on the Scorpion motor fitted to the prototype right after in landed after a 3D test flight. Like all Scorpions it was hot but no hotter than any other heli would be. I could hold a finger on it without it burning.
Jun 17, 2019, 09:26 AM
I'm very interested to hear your feedback when you get it in teh air Grumpy as you've had several similar sized helis.

I'm particularly interested in the visibility - I think a few carefully placed bits of hi-viz flouro tape would make a world of difference for blind gits like me...
Jun 17, 2019, 01:22 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
I'm particularly interested in the visibility - I think a few carefully placed bits of hi-viz flouro tape would make a world of difference for blind gits like me...
Visibility of the orange version was excellent. The plastic is as bright as you could hope for and the tail fin has a matching orange trim. When I saw the first test flight it was dusk and me and my two friends where struggling with visibility of our 'normal' helis but the Tarot really stood out.

Quick Reply