Mar 15, 2019, 02:28 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
Discussion

All new and very 'different' 550/600 heli from Tarot

A few 'leaked' photos have been shown on Facebook, looks very different to anything Tarot have done before, and not a copy of anything:

to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 02:46 PM
RBW's sock puppet account.
Damned if that isn't an interesting design concept.

Could be a bear to work on, but hidden wiring!
Mar 15, 2019, 02:48 PM
Wow! I thought Tarot was out of the heli business and focusing on drones.... glad they are getting back in the game! Very interesting to say the least! Must weigh a ton!
Mar 15, 2019, 03:03 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin
Must weigh a ton!
Maybe, maybe not. The frame is not dissimilar to a Logo, which are generally pretty light.
Mar 15, 2019, 03:33 PM
I think I would be in for one - I really do like Tarot's quality, especially that of the metal CNC components. Spares prices are excellent and my 450 Pro has been a very faithful and trouble-free workhorse.
Mar 15, 2019, 03:45 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
It's not up on the Tarot web site yet but there are links supposedly to the manuals, but the links dont work yet. Hopefully they will be live soon: http://www.tarotrc.com/Download/Deta...U3C9fytQLg6LJE
Mar 15, 2019, 03:50 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
I'm not sure if it will have a canopy or if it's just as you see in the photos.. The frame does look 'styled' as if it might be on display? i dont see any canopy mounting points either?
Mar 15, 2019, 03:56 PM
The 'blue box top' image now appears on the Tarot home page among the other sequenced header images - interesting. No further info on the site though.
Mar 15, 2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
I'm not sure if it will have a canopy or if it's just as you see in the photos.. The frame does look 'styled' as if it might be on display? i dont see any canopy mounting points either?
Looks to me like that is the 'complete' item - judging from the photos, the sub frame is black and the orange element seems to me to be a cover/ substitute for a canopy. A novel concept, if nothing else
Mar 15, 2019, 04:14 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
judging from the photos, the sub frame is black and the orange element seems to me to be a cover/ substitute for a canopy.
The red and the black are just different colours of frame, the red is not a cover over the black. The 'nose cone' on the red one appears to be part of a slide in battery tray, shown removed in the image of the black frame.
Mar 15, 2019, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
The red and the black are just different colours of frame, the red is not a cover over the black. The 'nose cone' on the red one appears to be part of a slide in battery tray, shown removed in the image of the black frame.
Quite right - I didn't look at it properly
Mar 15, 2019, 04:28 PM
Heligamist
Very nice design
Mar 15, 2019, 06:19 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Polymer top frame? Interesting!

Yes, I can see the logo-esque theme.

One to watch.
Last edited by spykez; Mar 15, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
Mar 15, 2019, 06:43 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan
Pretty sweet . Maybe their working on a controler too
Is this a crack above the servo mount?? Not good
Mar 15, 2019, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
Pretty sweet . Maybe their working on a controler too
Is this a crack above the servo mount?? Not good
I can see them using one off SLS nylon frames for flight testing. SLS nylon would work fine for that but wouldn't be as resilient to impacts as injection molded fiber reinforced POM. Moulds are much too expensive to have made for prototypes that might need to have changes made later because of problems found during testing.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 15, 2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply