Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by dhable, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 14, 2019, 03:45 PM
Trader Rating: 61
Here Comes the Sun
Thread OP
$150.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale

Four Star 40 Electric---Receiver Ready

Four Star 40 Electric-Receiver Ready

Built from the Sig kit. Has the following installed:

Hobby King G46 Brushless Motor
60 Amp ESC
4 servos

Just add your receiver and batteries and fly. (I used 4 cell 4000 mah.) Lots in this plane, so my price is firm.

Flies like on it's rails. Magnetic battery hatch forward of the cockpit. Covered with Ultracoat. Only flew it last summer.

Can't ship, but will deliver within a reasonable distance of Oshkosh, WI

PM me is interested.

to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 12:41 PM
Trader Rating: 11
G.F. beurling
If I understand you, that's NOT an ARF right? It looks so perfect. Most folks who aren't stuck in a Chinese factory building ARF's 10 hours a day are not capable of that! Very nice workmanship. It must bother you to sell that after all the fussing you put into it.
Mar 15, 2019, 01:42 PM
Trader Rating: 61
Here Comes the Sun
Thread OP
Thanks. I like the look of the 4-Star .40 ARF so much, that I sorta emulated it with the this kit. However, I didn't shorten the kit wingspan, unlike the ARF wingspan. I've built/flown 4 Star 40's before, and liked that kit length wingspan.

I did spring for the ARF canopy which looks so much better than the kit canopy. And I fashioned a balsa cowl (removeable) because I like the look of the ARF's cowl. I also bought the ARF landing gear and wheel pants. I like that look.

I could also have bought an ARF cowl, but I couldn't match the dark yellow Ultracoat paint color so I just built my own out of balsa, and covered it with Ultracoat.

Flies nice, aerobatic when you want it to be. Slows for landing when you want it to. I just have too many planes, and I'm a builder, so time to move this one.
Mar 15, 2019, 03:17 PM
Trader Rating: 11
G.F. beurling
Man you're sumptin else! A whole lot of fussing, and thought, and attention .....for what? $150....not even covering cost? ? LOL

I'm 65 now. I have spend thousands of hours building toy planes. If I had my life to live over and was still a guy who enjoys working with his hands, I'd have learned automotive and rebuilt cars for thousands of dollars profit....or just the pride and joy of having something that 90% of the population wants and salivates over....and is willing to pay for. Instead, like you, I have these beautiful toys nobody cares much about because the Chinese build and sell it for nothing.

That's a beautiful plane. Somebody will enjoy it.

Edited to add;
PS..... Look at my mini-tele ad that is 4 ads above yours. I built that from an old HobbyLobby kit I got here in the classifieds. Spent over 200 hours on it. I modified it to a bolt on wing. Converted from the designed glow power to electric. Added ailerons. Been advertising it for weeks. Can't even get the cost of my electrics out of it. People say "Ship it to me" but don't want to pay more the $2 shipping. LOL. Pathetic.
Last edited by G.F. Beurling; Mar 15, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
Mar 16, 2019, 07:28 PM
Trader Rating: 41

Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhable
Thanks. I like the look of the 4-Star .40 ARF so much, that I sorta emulated it with the this kit. However, I didn't shorten the kit wingspan, unlike the ARF wingspan. I've built/flown 4 Star 40's before, and liked that kit length wingspan.

I did spring for the ARF canopy which looks so much better than the kit canopy. And I fashioned a balsa cowl (removeable) because I like the look of the ARF's cowl. I also bought the ARF landing gear and wheel pants. I like that look.

I could also have bought an ARF cowl, but I couldn't match the dark yellow Ultracoat paint color so I just built my own out of balsa, and covered it with Ultracoat.

Flies nice, aerobatic when you want it to be. Slows for landing when you want it to. I just have too many planes, and I'm a builder, so time to move this one.

Beautiful.....you are giving it away at that price!
I wish you were closer

Good luck

Quick Reply