Lightscale ONE

Anybody buying one?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2019, 11:29 PM
Your customer
Gotta link?
Mar 14, 2019, 03:31 AM
Lightscale ONE pictures and text:

On the 15th of April, LIGHTSCALE will launch a new 1:5 competition level bike called LIGHTSCALE ONE.
It is a complete new development designed by JABBER. It relies on the proven powertrain and the proven
fork construction of the previous LIGHTSCALE bikes. Chassis and swingarm - the heart of the bike - are
completely redesigned for maximum ease of driving out of the kit.

The bike relies on the simple construction of flat carbon plates with the benefits of molded carbon in mind.
Therefore, it is possible to offer a high-end bike for a very reasonable price. Of course, the LIGHTSCALE ONE
bike makes use of the modern SDS 2.0 steering damper system in its 4-spring variant.

The bike is designed for the new ROADIES tires that are vulcanised directly onto the rims. The low weight
of the tires contributes to the easy handling and allows for a very light bike with outstanding agility
(depending on the used electronics about 1600g). LIGHTSCALE bikes are well known for their stability and quality,
therefore unmatched in the market. With a refined geometry it is easy to estimate under load (when accelerating).
It indicates its limits with a slight drift that does not impact traction. As a result, the tires are easily brought to
working temperature. This is also noticeable during braking. The bike shows its limits before becoming unstable.

The modified centre of gravity ensures a very nice neutral steering behaviour. The bike nicely pulls itself towards
the apex, hovering through the turn. Nevertheless, it is very easy to drive even in low-grip conditions. Despite the
redesign many parts remain compatible, making it easy for LIGHTSCALE and JABBER bike owners to upgrade.
Conversion kits will be available soon. The bike now comes as a kit to be assembled along with detailed assembly
instructions. The kit also includes a front brake, fairing + rider and a set of new ROADIES (vulcanised directly onto the rims).

The LIGHTSCALE ONE is now on preorder for only 699.- € (only valid until 15th of April when the first bikes will be shipped),
the regular price valid from 15th of April will be 799.- €.
Mar 14, 2019, 12:32 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
We don't race a lot but us California guys can vouch for the Jabbers. Between us all (including Kevin) I think we own eight of them. They can take a licking and keep on ticking.
Mar 15, 2019, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochy
Anybody buying one?
I may have one on pre ordet😎
Mar 15, 2019, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
Lightscale ONE pictures and text:

On the 15th of April, LIGHTSCALE will launch a new 1:5 competition level bike called LIGHTSCALE ONE.
It is a complete new development designed by JABBER. It relies on the proven powertrain and the proven
fork construction of the previous LIGHTSCALE bikes. Chassis and swingarm - the heart of the bike - are
completely redesigned for maximum ease of driving out of the kit.

The bike relies on the simple construction of flat carbon plates with the benefits of molded carbon in mind.
Therefore, it is possible to offer a high-end bike for a very reasonable price. Of course, the LIGHTSCALE ONE
bike makes use of the modern SDS 2.0 steering damper system in its 4-spring variant.

The bike is designed for the new ROADIES tires that are vulcanised directly onto the rims. The low weight
of the tires contributes to the easy handling and allows for a very light bike with outstanding agility
(depending on the used electronics about 1600g). LIGHTSCALE bikes are well known for their stability and quality,
therefore unmatched in the market. With a refined geometry it is easy to estimate under load (when accelerating).
It indicates its limits with a slight drift that does not impact traction. As a result, the tires are easily brought to
working temperature. This is also noticeable during braking. The bike shows its limits before becoming unstable.

The modified centre of gravity ensures a very nice neutral steering behaviour. The bike nicely pulls itself towards
the apex, hovering through the turn. Nevertheless, it is very easy to drive even in low-grip conditions. Despite the
redesign many parts remain compatible, making it easy for LIGHTSCALE and JABBER bike owners to upgrade.
Conversion kits will be available soon. The bike now comes as a kit to be assembled along with detailed assembly
instructions. The kit also includes a front brake, fairing + rider and a set of new ROADIES (vulcanised directly onto the rims).

The LIGHTSCALE ONE is now on preorder for only 699.- € (only valid until 15th of April when the first bikes will be shipped),
the regular price valid from 15th of April will be 799.- €.
Nice!!!
Mar 19, 2019, 02:51 AM
Lightscale ONE (0 min 45 sec)
Mar 28, 2019, 04:51 PM
Page # 23 is missing.
Mar 29, 2019, 02:23 AM
page 23 added.
Apr 23, 2019, 02:41 PM
Would be nice to experience a jabber but i don't have a ridiculous amount of money to purchase one.
Apr 26, 2019, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs
Would be nice to experience a jabber but i don't have a ridiculous amount of money to purchase one.
I can´t leave this uncommented.

I will not compare it to "one off" manufacturers that dissapear after a year or two.
I will also not compare it to far east production bikes.

The Bike costs €799,- that is on par or cheaper than the "competition".
If you consider the quality and the performance of the bike then it is MUCH cheaper.
When you also take into account that spares supply is guaranteed for a long time it is priceless.
If you then also compare service and support you get then it is an absolute no brainer.

We have already had pilots
1.get the kit
2.build it following the manual
3.winning races with the kit setup
That is the FIRST bike kit you can buy, build and race without any "voodoo" bike knowledge whatsoever.
Not even the legendary Thunder Tiger SB5 could offer that. (You remember those tires in that kit??)
Last edited by edi.winter; Apr 26, 2019 at 02:16 AM.
May 13, 2019, 05:00 AM
Unboxing Down Under:
https://www.holeshothobbies.com.au/p...cale-one-build
Jun 24, 2019, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi.winter
When you also take into account that spares supply is guaranteed for a long time it is priceless.
I bought a Lightscale 2018 Competition last year, and some of the spares for this bike is allready on backorders for many many months. So what you are saying is not exactly true for the Lightscale brand...
Jun 25, 2019, 07:56 AM
I just went through Gregors shop and to me it looks like all parts are available.
So what are you talking about Mr.Foodie?

Quick Reply