Jun 04, 2019, 02:36 PM
This FrSky is a great choice. I was touching it in a shop and it looked quality built. And you can use it also for real models for years later.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2019, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRC
Yes.. they at least told me it would definitely be on Steam..
Anyone know timing of aeroflyRC8 Window Version being released on Steam?
Last edited by Fly4Fun85; Jun 08, 2019 at 10:07 AM.
Jun 09, 2019, 02:36 PM
Quick question - how do I set up the Frsky Qx7 so I can use with RC8? I understand how to setup RC8 to recognize the transmitter from DutchRC's helpful YouTube video (which is why I bought RC8), but what are the settings I need to use on the Frsky QX7? The Frsky QX7 is new out of the box and lots of settings on the transmitter. I see how to power the tx on, but that is it. Below is the manual, but if anyone could share the steps I need to set up the transmitter before I sync it to my Windows 10 RC8. I would be grateful as I somewhat lost with the manual.

https://opentx.gitbooks.io/manual-fo...ain_views.html
Jun 14, 2019, 03:33 PM
Which simulator will work on an old iMAC? Everything I'm seeing has spec requirements, especially the graphics card, higher than my iMac. I don't want to buy something only to have it not work properly. Also I'd prefer to not have to install Windows. So I'm thinking find an old used program. But which one? And where???

OSX: 10.11.6 (unable to upgrade to anything newer)
iMac (24-inch, Early 2009)
Processor: 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeFOrce 9400 256 MB

Free would be nice too. Thanks for the tips!
Jun 15, 2019, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzupan
Which simulator will work on an old iMAC? Everything I'm seeing has spec requirements, especially the graphics card, higher than my iMac. I don't want to buy something only to have it not work properly. Also I'd prefer to not have to install Windows. So I'm thinking find an old used program. But which one? And where???

OSX: 10.11.6 (unable to upgrade to anything newer)
iMac (24-inch, Early 2009)
Processor: 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeFOrce 9400 256 MB

Free would be nice too. Thanks for the tips!
Try Heli-X, you have the trial so you can test. Most other sims don't give you any demo version, which is why I've bought Heli-X as my first sim.
Jun 15, 2019, 04:46 PM
Well Heli-X8 loads and I select and I see a plane on the runway. Thank you so much azaz44!

But now how do I connect my DX6 to test it out? No clue. Hopefully won't have to buy something just to find out the program won't work with my iMac. I am noticing things are moving slower on the computer (like typing this), probably because the program is taking up 780MB of memory (total currently running 3.4 of 4 GB).
Jul 08, 2019, 02:37 PM
Patrick Randall

RC 8 on iMac Pro - Taranis - how to simulate all controls?

Deleted - sorry moved to separate thread (can't see how to delete a post!)
Last edited by randallp; Jul 08, 2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Moved to separate thread
Jul 16, 2019, 05:57 AM
Hi, does the FPV mode work for fixed wings? I'm looking for a FPV wing sim.
Jul 16, 2019, 05:59 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Yes it does, but only at sertain sceneries..
Aug 02, 2019, 04:58 PM
I just saw the price of RC8 and wonder why anyone would buy that over the years of proven experience of RealFlight.
Aug 02, 2019, 05:00 PM
Patrick Randall
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgburrill
I just saw the price of RC8 and wonder why anyone would buy that over the years of proven experience of RealFlight.
Because I have a Mac and the RC 8 graphics are stunning. Early days too😇
Aug 02, 2019, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchRC
Yes it does, but only at sertain sceneries..
FPV and VR only work properly with 4D scenery.

Quote:
Ya, it is kinda expensive (~2x cost of RF). Only worth it to me for its much better VR quality/performance with my Oculus Rift.
Aug 02, 2019, 05:18 PM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Quote:
that sounds to me like a comparison between Fusion360 & Sketchup..
Don't get me wrong though.. Any simulator is better then No simulator and RF has caught up in the last years..

in the past Aerofly was a sim where Realflight was a game.. the difference is now smaller but Aerofly is still quite a bit more realistic

*edit*
funny: I get a Realflight add. on this page :P
Aug 05, 2019, 07:37 PM
Thank you DutchRC and others - purchased AeroFly RC8 (download from the company website, yes a bit pricey in US$ but worth it), FrSKYQX7 Transmitter (Banggood), Metal Back Bracket Stand (Banggood), FrSky Compact XSR-SIM USB Dongle for FrSky Transmitters and Module System (Amazon) - all working great on my Windows10 box. Highly recommended. Exceeded expectations.

RC8 User Manual below if you wish to read more about AeroFly C8 before you buy.
https://www.ikarus.net/downloads/anl...ual_en_web.pdf
Last edited by Fly4Fun85; Aug 07, 2019 at 09:36 PM.
Aug 05, 2019, 08:01 PM
Patrick Randall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly4Fun85
Thank you DutchRC and others - purchased AeroFly RC8 (yes a bit pricey in US$ but worth it), FrSKYQX7 Transmitter, FrSky Compact XSR-SIM USB Dongle for FrSky Transmitters and Module System - all working great on my Windows10 box. Highly recommended. Exceeded expectations.
Now if we could just figure out how to get the outputs of a FrSky Tx sent to RC 8 after all the mixes and switches! Then it would be extra superb! To me, it is way better than my RF but of course the iMac helps. Stunning graphics and physics realism.

Quick Reply