Mar 13, 2019, 10:13 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Discussion

AeroFly RC8 - Airplane & Heli simulator - Users thread

Halloa people

as most of you probably know by now the new version of Ikarus's Aerofly has recently been released!
Happy days! I am not sponsored by them in any way, but to me it is THE airplane / heli simulator..

In this thread anyone can post their experience with the sim.. I'll allso be posting a few video's
of my own..

And to start things of.. Here is a video on how to get started with RC8..
This is actually quite unique: In this video I show you how to install a trial version.. This is not offered directly by Ikarus (but they did O.K. me posting this)

AeroFly RC8 - THE #1 RC Flight Simulator - P1: Getting Started (17 min 16 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2019, 10:05 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
A second video in this series then
In this one I use Aerofly only as a tool (for you) to learn to fly LOS with Multirotors.. I come across quite a lot of people that can Only fly FPV :O

LOS Flying Drones / Quads - WHY & HOW - AeroFly RC8 P2 (15 min 16 sec)
Apr 01, 2019, 04:56 PM
i have it and it def has the best graphics of any sim.
Apr 10, 2019, 12:51 AM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
I have both AF 5.7 and AF8 now. I can't get the planes to hover as well on AF8. Especially the F3P plane. It's impossible to hover no matter what adjustments I make. I'm quite good at hovering. I have no trouble in AF5.7. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kip
Apr 10, 2019, 03:46 PM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
That is weird.. I have done some hovering in the new (and quite a bit in the old) version.. I did not notice it was a lot harder, but I allso switched radio's :$

There have been some changes in how realistic the wind can be (depends on settings).. In general I would say AF8 is more realistic then 5.7 (quite a bit)
Apr 12, 2019, 08:12 AM
Download link not there anymore... is it move somewhere?
Apr 12, 2019, 08:46 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
It kinda seems like the demo-download isn't available anymore :$
Apr 12, 2019, 09:47 AM
And do you know if they will sell it over Steam?
Apr 12, 2019, 09:49 AM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
Yes.. they at least told me it would definitely be on Steam..
Apr 20, 2019, 03:10 AM
I see that Ikarus have recently released the AeroFly RC8 for Mac. That’s great, I am looking forward to test it out, but I am disappointed to see that you pay the same for upgrading from AFRC7 as you do to buy a new program. Isn’t that a strange pricing policy? Why not use the opportunity to show loyal customers some appreciation and give a discount. (In reality a loyal AFRC7 user will have to pay double price to upgrade (RC7+RC8).. does not make sense to me.
Anyone else thinking the same?
Apr 20, 2019, 02:28 PM

Mac RC8 Bundle $85

at the Apple APP store
Apr 20, 2019, 02:29 PM

RC8 Mac upgrade

forgot to mention the "UPGRADE" I went from 7 to 8
Apr 21, 2019, 03:36 PM
my RC. Your info
Thread OP
I think you could try sending Ikarus a note on this, as there IS an upgrade option for the PC version..
Apr 23, 2019, 04:45 AM
I had upgraded my Mac version from 7 to 8 the day I received their email notification of release. But it crashes every time of initialisation. Reported the error to Apple and hope that it will be working soon... love the 7. Is it normal that I can still play with version 7 even upgraded to 8?
Apr 23, 2019, 11:44 AM
I want to get RC8. I have a Mac and a Futaba 10J radio. I am going to need an USB adapter to use my Futaba with this. There seems to be a lot of confusion on what adapters will work and what wont. Does anybody know what adapters will actually work? Thanks.

Quick Reply