Jun 16, 2019, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puiuvlad
Hi Michael,

This (Wargo MX2 3D) is my first plane that I am setting up myself, so please forgive me if I am asking stupid questions.

I see from this thread that the CG should be at 105mm from the leading edge of the wing. After I installed all HK suggested components (motor, servos, ESC, 1300 nano tech battery) my CG is at 115mm (I measure it with the model inverted). In order to bring it to 105 I would need to put 49g (1.7 oz) in the hatch as far forward as possible. My motor is 50g, ESC is 36g, battery is 119g, and servos are 14g.

Does this sound ok?

Thanks,
Vladimir
I know the Turnigy Graphene 1300's weigh around 160g and the weight of the turnigy 480 motor is around 80g, the difference is right around what you need to add.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2019, 05:40 AM
I ended up using a 3536-1000kv motor which weighed in around 100g.

Balance came out just about perfect using 3S1000 lipo.
Jun 17, 2019, 06:55 AM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
Fly it the way it works well. Again, my cg and yours may be different. Not sure why you are adding weight, I would prefer you didn't. You just can't get it to balance at 105? Anyway, get it to fly balanced. zIt will be ok. Number doesn't matter.
Jun 17, 2019, 07:57 AM
Thanks everyone, Iíll try all your suggestions and see what works best :-) Vladimir
Jun 17, 2019, 09:32 AM
Old's Cool
If you go with lighter servos in the tail, you won't have to add as much weight in the nose. I noticed that 9g servos are recommended, but you are using 14g servos. With the long tail moment, the extra 10g requires somewhere around an ounce in the nose to balance it.
Jun 17, 2019, 10:41 AM
Fly low and slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnooly
If you go with lighter servos in the tail, you won't have to add as much weight in the nose. I noticed that 9g servos are recommended, but you are using 14g servos. With the long tail moment, the extra 10g requires somewhere around an ounce in the nose to balance it.
Good advice; use the advised equipment first.
Jun 21, 2019, 10:37 AM
Just ordered one!
Jul 02, 2019, 03:27 PM
Just finished my Wargo mx2 and took it for a test flight. Used equipment from old planes- a 40a esc, 1100kv motor with a 1060 prop, large receiver, and 4 hxt900 servos.

It flies great and is very responsive. Did hovers, harriers, knife edge, waterfalls, loops and rolls- it does them all great! Did some inverted, holds with no elevator action needed. It is a very solid flyer.
Temp was 80 degrees but the esc only got luke warm.

My cg came out to 100mm.
Jul 11, 2019, 11:53 PM

Confused about the hardware

I chose this to be the first plane I build. And now that I am starting to assemble it, I feel lost about some of the hardware. I hope someone who has put together this plane can help me. Thank you in advance!

Attached is a labeled photo of the hardware that came in the plastic bag. If you can help me identify the parts that are mystery to me, I will update this post so that others know exactly what the parts are .

[UPDATED: Huge thanks to user 1101, who identified the parts. I've copied his descriptions to the list below.]

A - These are the "extended rocker arms."
B - End-pieces of servo linkages.
C -Collars that secure the two main wheels, and the tail wheel, to their respective axles.
D - Landing wheel plate.
E - Control horns.
F - Control horn backplates.
G -Washers for servo linkage bolts (H), and for the corresponding nuts (K).
H - Bolts for servo linkages (B). These connect B to the control horns (E).
I - Tail wheel wood bracket.
J -Screws to mount motor.
K -Nuts for servo linkage bolts (H)
L - Screws for "extended rocker arms" (A) .
Last edited by dlipovetsky; Jul 29, 2019 at 12:50 AM. Reason: User 1101 identified the parts, so I'm adding his descriptions to the list
Jul 12, 2019, 01:25 AM
C Collars that hold the wheels on. You got a spare
G Washers . For H and K . You use the small bolts on the servo ball links
H Bolts for servo ball links . The go in the hole in Part:B and connect ball link to control horn E
J Screws to mount motor . Instead I just use the small screws that come with 9g servos .
K Nuts for H

L screws for A . You screw the servo arm extenders A into your servo arms. This will cause you some grief trying the screw them in , so dont use the extenders unless needed . May not need for alierons. Some servos arms are long enough. Try without the extenders first
Jul 12, 2019, 03:45 PM
Thanks so much 1101 (do you pronounce it thirteen?).

I'm going to update the list with your answers.

Thanks for the tip about the extenders. As for the screws for the motor mount, I may try the ones included here. I already tried using the smaller screws that came with my motor, but I could not screw them all the way into the wood mount; my screwdriver, which I think has the right philips head, began to slip.
Jul 16, 2019, 06:29 AM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
THanks 1101!!!!!! IT is cool that you went through the trouble to do that!
Jul 22, 2019, 11:50 PM
Quadaholic
Thanks for the tutorials.
Last edited by --Oz--; Jul 23, 2019 at 08:26 AM.
Jul 24, 2019, 05:04 PM
PA Team Pilot
Thread OP
you're welcome!
Jul 28, 2019, 12:40 AM
Quadaholic
A few questions:

1. What motor/prop/battery/prop/auw are you flying (many details requested)?
2. Have you tried the short throw (40degree) vs the normal 60 degree gimbal for thro quickness reaction? (night and day for quads, lots of thro action, like this
LOS Trick Compilation - Tom Sawyer Remix (7 min 11 sec)
)
3. for the mx plane, you run default throws or ?

tai

Quick Reply