Aer-O-Tec Ikura 4M

Aer-O-Tec's Ikura 4M sailplane is listed now at Flight Comp. This thing looks great and is the result of years of work on the project.

Splash

4M Sloper or Electric

Aer-O-Tec's Ikura 4M sailplane is listed now at Flight Comp. This thing looks great and is the result of years of work on the project. They used tech from F3B planes to get a strong and light airframe that can be built as a pure glider or outfitted with an electric power system. It has a T-Tail setup and alternate wing tips to suit your needs. Here's some notes from Flight Comp with their thoughts:

"We are very impressed with the quality and looks of the Ikura! A truly stunning design, we love the detail! All the parts are very stiff and the craftsmanship is outstanding. There are dual ballast tubes in each wings. Elevator servo is mounted directly in the stab for a clean and direct setup. The fuselage is huge! There is a room in the fuse for your E-setup and batteries. As well there is plenty of room for any telemetry or GPS equipment you may want to install."

Check out the Aer-O-Tec Ikura 4M Here

IKURA von Aer-O-Tec (3 min 50 sec)

Mar 12, 2019, 11:23 AM
Just a collector
That is NICE!!!
I couldn't read the motor setup. That really moves out!!

Bill
Mar 12, 2019, 12:01 PM
Gorgeous!
Mar 12, 2019, 08:34 PM

Ikura

Got one and it's VERY well done. Too much snow to fly it, but as soon as it's dry enough it will be in the air. I expect it to be a great compromise between an all out hot liner and dedicated TD plane, i.e., a good all around, fun plane.
Mar 12, 2019, 08:41 PM
Team Futaba
I've seen it at Flight Comp's shop. A really nice looking plane!! If only I "needed" another toy!!
Mar 13, 2019, 02:44 AM
Flight Comp is sold out for a lot of the things they sell. The Ikura has been sold out for almost a year.
Mar 13, 2019, 07:51 AM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
FlightComp put up videos of Ali building and flying this model recently on Youtube.
I have another Aer-O-Tec model to build and the quality is very nice.
Mar 13, 2019, 09:04 AM
Eagle Butte User
Looks like another great model produced by Stefan Eder. Every model I've had from him are superb performers (Crossfire, Crossover, and Shinto).
Mar 14, 2019, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_N
Flight Comp is sold out for a lot of the things they sell. The Ikura has been sold out for almost a year.
It's funny because I had 3 in stock for almost 2 years and zero interest... so what should I have done? Order more?
As soon as i sold out of them I ordered 2 more, but unfortunately it takes a long time to make them.
Mar 14, 2019, 03:06 PM
bayagliders.com
It would be interesting to see how this would perform in alpine style dive from 1000 feet up
Mar 15, 2019, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfreestyler
It would be interesting to see how this would perform in alpine style dive from 1000 feet up
Based on their other aircraft it will be perfectly fine. We have the slightly smaller Orcas in stock and these planes fly as good as they look!
Mar 15, 2019, 01:48 PM
(2 min 7 sec)

(2 min 11 sec)

(2 min 31 sec)

It is a big thermal glider. I would say between F3B and F3J.
Mar 19, 2019, 02:20 PM

Sold out?

Actually the last Ikura went out about a month ago. How do I know this, because I'm the guy who bought it.

VERY nicely done sailplane that should fill the bill as an all around sports model, good thermalling, fun rocket on the slope and with an electric in the nose a modest turn of hot liner appears. I'm looking forward to flying mine soon.
Last edited by airporter; Mar 19, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
Mar 19, 2019, 03:21 PM
somewhere in South America
Yeah, that’s the one that got away... I had been jonesing about this plane, and had been in contact with Stefan Eder yeeaaars ago, when he had no one to manufacture it. When finally he contacted me to get on the waiting list, Marcela and I had decided to start traveling, and this beauty just won’t fit in our camper.
Enjoy it! I hope the supply will be steady.

Quick Reply