Mar 11, 2019, 07:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hyperion G8 Lightweight Dual-Voltage LiPo: 2019~2020 Formula

Unparalleled performance, Get the G8 Advantage:
Lighter-weight, Higher Energy-Density, Improved Si-Graphene Formula, More Longevity, Higher-Performance than any other LiPo Battery available.

New Hyperion G8 Si-Graphene Formula lowers Internal Resistance and reduces Voltage Sag underload.

• Proprietary Si-Graphene formula increases Discharge rate, Capacity, and Cycle-life
  • 15%+ More Capacity than standard LiPo Batteries
  • Wide V Operating Range: Dual-Voltage 4.35V & 4.2V capable
  • Stable High-voltage formula, less prone to puffing
  • More stable, cooler running batteries
  • High discharge rate, high ability to remain constant voltage under-load
  • Fast charging up to 5C~6C rate
  • Capable of 500+ Cycle-life
  • Rated “Impeccable” by third-party European Independent testing agent.

We're so impressed by our new G8 battery series that we're now offering a 1-year manufacture warranty on all G8.

In this forum we will compare batteries of similar size and weight, to see how G8 performs to other brands. Batteries will be compared by Displacement size and Weight. Discharge performance and Longevity will also be considered to determine the most reliable and superior cell technology.

Any professional, non-bias battery testing person with analyzation equipment, preferably CBA or similar is welcomed to contact us about receiving G8 samples to test.

To visit the G8 LiPo Battery product page visit HERE

To visit our "Battery Locator" page visit HERE
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Apr 02, 2019 at 10:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2019, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
reserved...
Mar 11, 2019, 10:47 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionRocks
To anyone whom would like to deliver a unbiased test report regarding our new G8 batteries please let me know or message me.

We're looking to find about three testers that we'd like to evaluate our new lipos and post the results on RCG. I'd prefer if each testing agent would represent a individual sub-set of the hobby i.e., Large 3D planes, Pylon, FPV racing, Sailplanes, et al.

With G8 being such a high energy-density pack, they provide exponential advantages in applications such as F5B where size and mAh capacity/c-rate is important. Endurance can also be increased by up to 15~20% when compared to standard batteries of the same relative size and weight.

Do note that we can customize any pack size and configuration depending on the situation, for very large packs such as 6S and 7S applications we can provide customers with custom "Dual-Output Power Leads", this reduces resistance substantially.

Not to hijack the thread but here is a link to the official Hyperion G8 RCG thread, we can also discuss comparisons here too, either or: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9-2020-Formula

P.s. I know a bunch of people are going to let it be known that Hyperion is not the cheapest Lipo solution, but we're really close when comparing tomatoes to tomatoes'. Typically you get what you pay for, with us it's a great product, real support with a one-year warranty by a company in the battery industry for twenty years. And, if in the end of the day if you can't reason to purchase a premium line LiPo you can also choose from our G5 value line, the G5 has been using the same chemistry for almost the past decade, it's a proven reliable pack at a competitive price.

I am interests in testing your packs. I fly 12S-16S BVM jets in the 5200mAh to 6600mAh range. If you want me to test them and report on RCGroups in an unbiased way, I will. I need to know what parameters you want tested.

Thanks,
Scott
Mar 11, 2019, 10:54 PM
I'd be interested in testing a pair of 5s 5200mah packs in a two meter pattern plane. I looked through the available packs and did not see any 5s packs, so I guess it would have to be specially made.

Thanks
John
Mar 11, 2019, 10:57 PM
I'd be interested in testing a pair of 5s 5200mah packs in a two meter pattern plane. I looked through the available packs and did not see any 5s packs, so I guess it would have to be specially made.

Thanks
John
Mar 11, 2019, 11:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
I am interests in testing your packs. I fly 12S-16S BVM jets in the 5200mAh to 6600mAh range. If you want me to test them and report on RCGroups in an unbiased way, I will. I need to know what parameters you want tested.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott, Thanks for reaching out.

We're looking for testers specifically with battery analyzer equipment such as the West Mountain Computer Battery analyzer or similar, something that can reach 500+ watts or more is needed to get a good idea on how the packs perform.

I do know that you'll be able to feel the increased capacity/c-rate or decreased weight with the G8 in your Bandit, but it's just the ability to convey the increased performance gains to methodical, scientific-graphical data that we can use to compare to other brands. Otherwise, we'll get alot of people with "my fish was this big!" claims about how well brand x battery compares to us.

I'm pretty sure we can work something out, I do believe the Bandit uses Saddle packs that would need to be customized, it's not that hard, we've made batteries like this in the past. Please email me: Proddev (at symbol) hyperion.hk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster

Thanks
John
Hi John, You're right about us intentionally not carrying 5S cells upon the initial release of G8. To be honest, relatively speaking the 5S application is a small percentage of the market compared to 2S, 3S, 4S, and 6S.

We decided that customers would contact us and ask to make their custom pack, and then we will offer said pack to the public-market based upon demand.

With that said, we have no problem on making a custom pack for you. Let me know the C-rate and any other parameter you'd be interested in and I can give you a quote.

Also, you could take a 2S and 3S battery with a Series connector and make 5S for a easy G8 solution. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Mar 11, 2019 at 11:28 PM.
Mar 11, 2019, 11:32 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Quote:
Wide V Operating Range: Dual-Voltage 4.35V & 4.2V capable
What makes these batteries special in this regard? I own a bunch of 4.35V batteries and they all work quite well at 4.2V. Capacity is lower, of course, but I don't see how a battery could behave otherwise...
Mar 12, 2019, 12:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
What makes these batteries special in this regard? I own a bunch of 4.35V batteries and they all work quite well at 4.2V. Capacity is lower, of course, but I don't see how a battery could behave otherwise...
Previously we carried both the G7 High-voltage and G7 Standard-voltage Si-Graphene series. With the new G8 we're now carrying only the single "DV" (Dual-voltage) series that's compatible with both high 4.35v and low 4.2 voltages.

Also, G8 is the only battery offered in our lineup that comes with a one-year warranty. And, the formula has improved much better, we're yielding a overall increase of cycle-life and reduced internal resistance among all G8 cell mah variants, most noticeably the larger mah packs.

With G8 the a big difference is cost, we're able to provide a dual-voltage compatible battery at a lower original sale price when compared to the G7 HV series. So, essentially G8 is the newer, better, more resilient, and cheaper version of the older G7 HV series.
Mar 12, 2019, 01:31 AM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I'll keep an eye out for comments on your packs and probably try a few next time I'm buying...
Mar 12, 2019, 07:42 AM
ancora imparo
I would be interested in comparing these new packs directly with my tests of the HobbyKing Graphene65C, Panther75C and new NanoTech 70C range under the same conditions.

I have a precision 2250Watt, 280Amp constant current load with logging EmeterII and CellLog8. I plot Individual cell voltages and pack temperature under standard conditions at 1 second intervals. Note this is precision bench testing at high constant current not flight testing. The test rig is pretty much equivalent to the CBA with 2000 Watt amplifier but measuring individual cell voltages shows up any cell mismatching.

I have tested the Panthers at a constant 60C rate and commonly test 3S or 4S so the maximum pack size is governed by the 2250Watt limit. In the case of the HV packs this would be a 4S at 130 Amps which is pretty close to 60C for a 2200mAh pack. Anything smaller is fine.

PM me if you are interested.

Regards
John
Quote:

We're looking for testers specifically with battery analyzer equipment such as the West Mountain Computer Battery analyzer or similar, something that can reach 500+ watts or more is needed to get a good idea on how the packs perform.

Mar 12, 2019, 10:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
I would be interested in comparing these new packs directly with my tests of the HobbyKing Graphene65C, Panther75C and new NanoTech 70C range under the same conditions.

I have a precision 2250Watt, 280Amp constant current load with logging EmeterII and CellLog8. I plot Individual cell voltages and pack temperature under standard conditions at 1 second intervals. Note this is precision bench testing at high constant current not flight testing. The test rig is pretty much equivalent to the CBA with 2000 Watt amplifier but measuring individual cell voltages shows up any cell mismatching.

I have tested the Panthers at a constant 60C rate and commonly test 3S or 4S so the maximum pack size is governed by the 2250Watt limit. In the case of the HV packs this would be a 4S at 130 Amps which is pretty close to 60C for a 2200mAh pack. Anything smaller is fine.

PM me if you are interested.

Regards
John
Hi John, shipping lipo's directly to customers to Australia is somewhat difficult and expensive due to dangerous goods fee. HobbyTech Toys in Australia is going to receive a shipment soon of G8, I'm sure we can arrange to ship locally when they arrive, that would make the process easier. Or, if you want ship directly to you via SEA, but the process will take about 21 days to reach you. Email me at to talk details: proddev (at symbol) hyperion . h k
Mar 13, 2019, 04:33 AM
ancora imparo
I thought shipping might be an issue. Have emailed you.

Thanks

John
Quote:
Hi John, shipping lipo's directly to customers to Australia is somewhat difficult and expensive due to dangerous goods fee. HobbyTech Toys in Australia is going to receive a shipment soon of G8, I'm sure we can arrange to ship locally when they arrive, that would make the process easier. Or, if you want ship directly to you via SEA, but the process will take about 21 days to reach you. Email me at to talk details: proddev (at symbol) hyperion . h k
Mar 13, 2019, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
mother of god.... 6S 3300 = $103.95

for this amount I even think 1 year waranty is not enough.

all that said batteries are 85% marketing and 15% engineering
Mar 13, 2019, 09:24 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Hmm, I'm interested in these cells for a commercial UAV application (electrical utility infrastructure inspections).

The light weight, longevity, and high charge rate are important in my application. The high C discharge rate is nice, but not critical (although I understand that its a byproduct of low IR, so therefore its a good thing!)

I wish I had a good battery tester...
Mar 13, 2019, 10:04 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Welcome back to the battery forum HyperionRocks. It's been a while.

All, keep in mind that the lower the IR the higher the cycle life. I have gotten over 1800 HARD cycles on some packs in my testing. If needed or not, lower IR can only be a good thing...as long as the density does not suffer much.

Rick

Quick Reply