Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Riptide_91755, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 10, 2019, 05:29 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Thread OP
$1,600.00 USD
Will not ship
For Sale

84" Navy Gun Boat (USS Canon) 1/23 Scale

Hello Boaters! OK, here is a sneek spring preview. I am just putting this out there to see what kind of response I get. The USS Canon is FULLY functioning! It has a rotating radar, lights and rotating turret! It uses a Futaba dual stick to operate all the hardware.

This is a solid wooden hull and scratch built!!! It uses (2X) 12V electric high torque motors pushing this boat with no problem. I put a penny on the motor when I took this photo to show how big the motors are. This boat also comes with 1/1 scale plans and history documents. The ship can cruise up to 18 mph, however I only use about 35% of the power when cruising. The USS Canon turns on a dime! As you can see in one of the photos below, how much the rudder turns. Yes, this ship can out run my yacht! If there is trouble on the horizon, I "drop the hammer". With the recent inclement weather, it does well in windy and choppy waters! I can run about 2.5 hours on a single charge. The ship has NO leaks when I run it! The ship uses (2x) small motorcycle batteries. The pictures was taken at Yorba Linda Regional Park, Yorba Linda, CA. The last (2) photos are actual 1/1 full scale photos for reference. The motor, radio, drive and struts was installed by Gene Sauter. One of the best boat builders in California...

Here is a link and history on the USS Canon,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Canon_(PG-90)

Unfortunately, I hate to part with this lovely ship. It is a little burdensome to transport the ship in my Toyota 4Runner. I have to load the ship diagonally into the 4Runner with all the seats popped down. This large ship takes up all the space in my truck, and there is no space wasted! I mostly take out my 57" flybridge around the lakes here in Southern California.

I will work with serious potential buyers and if they need time, I can also work with them. No hurries! This beauty is not going anywhere. Because the size of the ship, I cannot risk shipping this. This ship is only for local pick-up only. The price is flexible, however I will not take any ridiculous offers or "low ballers" just to get rid of it. For any veterans, I can work with you a little bit more. For the size, detailing and work going into the ship, I know I can ask for more. I just want a fair price. If I do not get any serious offers, then I will continue to scale it and do some touch ups as time goes on. The boat stand came with the boat a while back. I do intend to build a more sturdier boat stand so it will sit lower and will not rock...

If you need additional photos on the 1/1 scale on the plans and history documents, I can send it to you upon request. I do enjoy taking it out and cruising around the lake catching people's attention!!! If you have another price in mind, please PM me and tell me what you thing is reasonable and maybe I can work with you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Again, I want to thank you for taking moment to read my ad.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2019, 09:29 PM
Trader Rating: 115
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
It's not for me, but very nice model!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....

Quick Reply