Apr 01, 2019, 09:19 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Dude that thing looks SO good. One of the best looking SCT out there...maybe the best one.

Does it come with that wheel/tire combo? Are they 2.2"?

Did you get any video??
That is bone stock, so yeah, those wheels/tires are what came with the truck. And yes, standard SCT wheels; 2.2/3.0.

No video unfortunately, but from what I know about how you like to drive from when we've chatted, I really think you'll like how this one drives.

Honestly, skip the Arrma Typhon, pick up this guy instead. You'll end up selling your Slash(s) (if you still have any) since you'll have this.

And...I didn't realize this, but you can widen the battery tray by taking out a spacer that's in there. I picked up a Gens Ace 5300 mah 50C 3S for the truck and it fits like a glove.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2019, 10:01 PM
Nice! It sure looks better than my 4x4 Slash, that's for sure!

I will have to wait and see about what to buy...I REALLY like the looks of this truck.

How would 2s running be? I have so many 2s packs lol.
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Apr 01, 2019, 10:02 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Nice! It sure looks better than my 4x4 Slash, that's for sure!

I will have to wait and see about what to buy...I REALLY like the looks of this truck.

How would 2s running be? I have so many 2s packs lol.
When I get a chance to try 2S, I'll let you know (and hook up my Garmin to get a top speed). I only had a chance for one pack before it got dark tonight, so the 3S won, LOL
Apr 01, 2019, 10:16 PM
I don't blame you for that

Yeah I would like to know how 2s runs so when you have a chance please report your findings!
Apr 02, 2019, 06:17 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
I don't blame you for that

Yeah I would like to know how 2s runs so when you have a chance please report your findings!
A little over 35 mph on 2S and the radio set at high throttle. I only charge my packs to 4.15 and I had run back and forth a few times before I put the GPS on, so this should be more than accurate. I suppose this means the truck should be 50+ mph with a 3S pack.
Apr 02, 2019, 06:55 PM
Wow! That is really good for 2s. I bet 3s is well over 50mph for sure.
Jun 04, 2019, 09:02 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
Finally picked one up this past weekend and got to try her out today. KILLER truck. Super plush ride, the suspension soaks up everything and handles great. I took her out to the small park across the way from my place, which still has "winter" grass mixed with some dirt patches and a newly paved basketball court. On pavement, you'll traction roll if you turn too hard with too much speed, but on the grass, loose terrain, she was awesome. Good forward bite, but power slides for days. The wheels just go up, down, up, down...the entire time, none of the bouncing around you get with most Short Course trucks. I can imagine racing this would be a ton of fun.

Ok. Gotcha
Last edited by rclab1; Dec 30, 2020 at 03:21 PM.
Aug 02, 2019, 10:42 AM
Got ahold of one of these Losi Ford Raptor Desert trucks last week. Wanted to use beadlock wheels on it. Had some Proline Split Six beadlocks that I had used on my Slash. Tried them, but they has too much offset?? They stuck out more than the original Losi wheels. Did some looking and found that the Proline F11 wheels are gonna work just fine. Here is a couple pics without the body, waiting for my new TX to arrive so I can bind it up. I like this truck.
Dec 30, 2020, 02:47 PM
I've been wanting a Baja Rey since they came out. For some reason or another, I never pulled the trigger until today. I wanted the King Shocks version, but it was out of stock, so I have a Black Rhino version coming.
Jan 11, 2021, 09:00 PM
Yen
Yen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
I've been wanting a Baja Rey since they came out. For some reason or another, I never pulled the trigger until today. I wanted the King Shocks version, but it was out of stock, so I have a Black Rhino version coming.
It’s a good looking truck! I have the BND orange/white version and I unlocked the rear diff. Been running on 2s with no issues. But I don’t bash her hard, although Im sure she can handle it. I enjoy watching the suspension work

Locked rear is fun on dirt. But i was running on pavement so unlocked the rear for better turning radius
Jan 14, 2021, 05:46 PM
I got mine last week. So far, it has been fun. I try not to "send it". I like to run it over rough ground to watch the suspension. I set the speed to 75% on 3s. 100% is just too fast to enjoy.
Last edited by GLHS592; Jan 16, 2021 at 03:59 PM.
Jan 15, 2021, 09:16 PM
Yen
Yen
Glad you’re liking it. I did the shoe goo and drywall tape reinforcement for the body. Especially in the wheel wells where the top of the tire can rub through.

I also cut the antenna tube a bit shorter and tucked the actual antenna under the roof. Imo helps protect the antenna during a tumble. And makes it easier to have the truck upside down if working on it

Yep watching the suspension on rough ground differentiates this truck from a lot of other rc’s. Something I never thought I would enjoy until now

Quick Reply